What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

flet

Noob
guys, becouse mb f3/b3 buff, it seems to be more vialible to do combos with it. Like jid3 113 bbmb ji2 123 airgrab it will deal 49 dmg without venom, and 73 with lvl 3 venom.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Guess who's back bitches! For all the new Banes that don't know me, I was a contributor to these forums since day 1. I took a much needed hiatus from EVERYTHING dealing with video games for a while, found myself doing way to much of nothing productive. That being said, this new patch has piqued my interests, and I couldn't let y'all go too long without me. So, I'll reintroduce myself.

PSN: Worlds8thWonder

I'm back to breaking them. Backs, that is. Gotta brush the dust off the venom tubes. Always down for a game. :coffee:

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Just found this out in a set vs a scorpion player, DB2 will beat out all wakeups.
Before when he tried to do his teleport on wakeup itll beat out all your moves since none of them hit behind, but now when he does the tele on wakeup just Meter Burn the Uppercut and his shoulder will hit scorpion.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Just found this out in a set vs a scorpion player, DB2 will beat out all wakeups.
Before when he tried to do his teleport on wakeup itll beat out all your moves since none of them hit behind, but now when he does the tele on wakeup just Meter Burn the Uppercut and his shoulder will hit scorpion.
i can't tell you how much i abuse the shit out of this

when two bane players with the same level of venom (0-3) do back-toward+1 and run into each other when both back-toward+1s are active, is the winner random? that's my best guess from testing

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
when two bane players with the same level of venom (0-3) do back-toward+1 and run into each other when both back-toward+1s are active, is the winner random? that's my best guess from testing
The winner is whoever started charging last, except in 3 where its who charged first.
If two manage to collide at the same time, they just bump heads in the middle.

The winner is whoever started charging last, except in 3 where its who charged first.
If two manage to collide at the same time, they just bump heads in the middle.
nah, i'm not finding any of that to be accurate. i haven't seen a single bump of heads, and i've seen many last-chargers lose and vice versa

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I can't recall ever seeing Banes charge trade.

I know similar styled charge moves do trade, I had a very unfortunate Doomsday mirror once, but I have never seen it with Banes charge.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
oh excuse me, and here i was just in training mode doing like 200 headbutt v headbutt interactions at every different timing and venom level i could do
That's about 1,000 short of my own experience. Theres certain things you can't find in training mode, but you can trust me its a key tactic in Bane v Bane to counter charge with our own charge.

That's about 1,000 short of my own experience. Theres certain things you can't find in training mode, but you can trust me its a key tactic in Bane v Bane to counter charge with our own charge.
welp it's pretty tough to disprove a negative so i can't rule this out of course, although it'd be pretty weird if i managed to miss that after so many tests. certainly the thing about which one starts his headbutt when is false though.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
welp it's pretty tough to disprove a negative so i can't rule this out of course, although it'd be pretty weird if i managed to miss that after so many tests. certainly the thing about which one starts his headbutt when is false though.
armor acts up, but a majority of the time for me that's how it goes. I won't doubt that it does sometimes go for last first, but from my experience the opposite is more consistent in live practice.

Error

DF2+R2
I can confirm that I've experienced the bumping of heads off of two colliding charges (excluding level 3 of course).

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Bane makes me wish tag mode was in this game. My god could you imagine him with any zoner or mixup assist?

Reactions: RYX

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Well, as long as Superman exists in this game, there's absolutely no point to playing Bane...