What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Bane vs Batman Footage (Shout outs to Karried for original footage)

Video:

Analysis:
00:25 Stage interaction. Bane jumps up and throws the orb into Batman's face, causing knock down.
00:26 Bane has some kind of Rhyno charge (but is not completely invincible as Batman hits him with grapple during the move)
00:30 A push move? Er ok. Well at least it causes knock down and creates some distance so good for resetting the space game
00: 32: RHYNO CHARGE (might be EX version seeing as he flexed his biceps) Causes knock down and switches your positions (Good if your opponent is pressuring you into a corner, whip this bad-boy out and ooooh role reversal!)

00:38 Low stomp into shoulder barge (launcher) He can connect a throw after this
00: 39 punch chain combo causes ground bounce. He can follow this up with a turn punch that launches (in the vid he ends it with a jump smash attack where he ends up on the other side of opponent)
00:57 AA throw
00:59 Shoulder barge launcher. I think this is EX version because he flashes in mid air and performs a drop kick
01:18 RHYNO CHARGE EX version - adds on an elbow drop.
01:22 Stage interaction. Gives bane full combo (3 punch combo) - can then connect Super move, which is a grapple, during the juggle.
01:37 Full combo off whiffed battarangs (this one ends with a double axe handle smash that causes knock down)

Ok so Bane is kind of like a brawler-grappler hybrid. Interesting - will love to see how he turns out further down the line.

Next stop. HARLEY QUINN

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah, I was thinking they should have switched their moves around, but then I remembered the chain grab thing wouldn't really work due to Venom being Bane's gimmick.

But Bane should have at least two command grabs, why did they make him like that?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That makes no sense,

Big ass dudes are supposed to be the grapplers.

Look and Zangief, or T.Hawk, or Craig Marduk, or especially Hugo.
thats a gaming standard

a normal standard for big dudes is that they charge at you and bash your face in.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He definitely shouldn't be a straight up grappler, but he does slam some people from time to time.

I'm 110% sure he knows some wrestling moves as well.

My point is he should have good amount of command grabs instead of just melee attacks.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I see him as an equivilent of Honda in SF4.
A tank-like character with powerful normals/specials, that while not a grappler,
does have command grabs that you must respect or suffer dearly.

He's gonna have good damage, but in return he lacks a projectile and has to earn his way in
His command grab damage will likely be noticably lower than grundy's but he may not
have the pure hell of trying to get in that grundy has with his "see you next monday" walkspeed

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
His command grab damage will likely be noticably lower than grundy's but he may not
have the pure hell of trying to get in that grundy has with his "see you next monday" walkspeed
That is gonna mess with me when im playing Grundy

Im gonna love that when im playing Bane

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
The Honda comparison makes me even more certain that THIS character is the guy that Mike Ross will play. Only other guy I see possibly winning over Mike is Grundy or Luthor and Luthor uses too many traps for his style of play. Mike has on record stated he likes big punishes, command grabs, armor, and AA grabs to an extreme degree and the venom pops to his moves and Bane's rushdown move should only appeal to him even more being the Hulk user that he is.

Hope to see him get into this one. It has potential to get some good airtime if he does.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
The Honda comparison makes me even more certain that THIS character is the guy that Mike Ross will play. Only other guy I see possibly winning over Mike is Grundy or Luthor and Luthor uses too many traps for his style of play. Mike has on record stated he likes big punishes, command grabs, armor, and AA grabs to an extreme degree and the venom pops to his moves and Bane's rushdown move should only appeal to him even more being the Hulk user that he is.

Hope to see him get into this one. It has potential to get some good airtime if he does.
Maybe I'm a pessimist but I don't have much faith the Capcom kids will stay long. No comeback cheese (Ultra/Xfactor) to abuse in this one, so we may not keep them entertained. Oh and we used to have a block button so we're clearly bad :)

But if Mike actually does hang with Injustice for the long haul, and history is any indication, he'll sandbag on his shows like he does with Honda and only break out Bane at the tourneys.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Maybe I'm a pessimist but I don't have much faith the Capcom kids will stay long. No comeback cheese (Ultra/Xfactor) to abuse in this one, so we may not keep them entertained. Oh and we used to have a block button so we're clearly bad :)

But if Mike actually does hang with Injustice for the long haul, and history is any indication, he'll sandbag on his shows like he does with Honda and only break out Bane at the tourneys.
Um...Clashes still exist.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What are the different properties for hit states?
There are some, like throws, that are inescapable when you throw someone out of a disabled state (like in active recovery frames after a missed attack). Several characters power abilities will affect hit states as well. For example Superman ignores armor when his power is active. Bane adds armor (and projectile invulnerability) to some of his attacks depending on his current venom level. Wonder Woman takes less chip damage when she is in sword and shield stance.

Sounds like Bane's Venom trait can be stacked and it looks like it gives him a possible advantage on zoners once he gets projectile invulnerability. Thoughts?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If he doesn't get actual immunity to projectiles and just armor Deathstroke is going to eat him for breakfast with machine guns.