What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

I'm actually more interested to see exactly how different Bane will play from Solomon Grundy. If you guys have played KOF13, then you would know that characters like Raiden, Clark and Daimon are grappler characters in that game but each plays so differently.

Obviously the big difference so far is that according to the ones who played him, Grundy's specials are having the ability to chain throws together. With Bane, so far all we know is that his special trait may have something to do with the Venom serum. Will this just only increase his damage output? Will it act out as something like moves having EX properties? How will it affect other stuff like speed and stamina?

This is certainly going to be interesting as we hopefully will get some kind of video trailer for him.
I imagine Bane's attacks would be more graceful and focused then Grundy's wild chaotic style.

Impose

A Call For Blood
His name alone warrants instant desire to play him.
It just has such prescence

Bane.

Such a brutal word

I imagine Bane's attacks would be more graceful and focused then Grundy's wild chaotic style.
I'll wait and see. I still hope they get him right though. NRS and its previous incarnations has never had a solid grapple only character. With two already on deck, let's see how they manage to differentiate the two without making one worthless because of the other.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'll wait and see. I still hope they get him right though. NRS and its previous incarnations has never had a solid grapple only character. With two already on deck, let's see how they manage to differentiate the two without making one worthless because of the other.
This is what I'm interested in as well.

This is what I'm interested in as well.
Yup yup! I'm hoping to see something like KOF2k2UM Ralf. That character was a great mix between grappler and striker. And if that is what we get, Bane will most likely be a main for me since Ralf has always been one of my mains in KOF games.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The difference been them will be like noob and Fred
Let's hope not. I think NRS should take notes from Capcom on this one and look at how all of their grapplers play and see how they are all effective in their own way. I mean SSF4AE2012 has a bunch of grapplers who are fully capable of winning. Zangief, Hakan, Abel, and then there is T Hawk who's Naive American ass seems to be the only grappler not really worth anything. That's just my opinion though, Cibernetico is right about KOF too though they also always make very good grapplers.

Let's hope not. I think NRS should take notes from Capcom on this one and look at how all of their grapplers play and see how they are all effective in their own way. I mean SSF4AE2012 has a bunch of grapplers who are fully capable of winning. Zangief, Hakan, Abel, and then there is T Hawk who's Naive American ass seems to be the only grappler not really worth anything. That's just my opinion though, Cibernetico is right about KOF too though they also always make very good grapplers.
Yeah I'm praying that they did their homework cause all they know is zoning and rush down lol. I really wanna see some fucking gameplay for bane

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah I'm praying that they did their homework cause all they know is zoning and rush down lol. I really wanna see some fucking gameplay for bane
NRS kills me with some of the gameplay style they refuse to abandon, such as no projectile nullification and their terrible idea of a grappling character. (i.e. Sheeva) I just hope they get the picture on grappling characters at least, my issues with the zoning game I can to have resolved.

NRS kills me with some of the gameplay style they refuse to abandon, such as no projectile nullification and their terrible idea of a grappling character. (i.e. Sheeva) I just hope they get the picture on grappling characters at least, my issues with the zoning game I can to have resolved.
Yeah. This is DC's baby they're making soo they better get at least one grappler right. Lets not have another Sheeva pleeeeeeeeease

Anyone have any guesses on what Banes super will be? Personally i think he'll jack up on venom, throw his victim around like a rag doll then end with his signature back breaker.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
and then there is T Hawk who's Naive American ass seems to be the only grappler not really worth anything. That's just my opinion though,
Dude all I have ever heard is that T-Hawk is garbage in that game. And I am super free in street-fighterAE... But I will tell you what, I love going online and Condor diving the shit out of people with a Pink T-Hawk...
This among other things draws me to Bane...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My Ideas

Normal attacks: brawler fighting style, furious swings and spontaneous punches and kicks.
-One of his arial attacks has to be a flying elbow drop, it just has to be.

Specials:
-One grab command with different outcomes decided via button press or input. Examples: do the grab then press triangle to do a jumping power bomb, square to do a german suplex(afterwards he quickly turns around and stomps on the victims head before jumping backwards slightly), X to do a pile driver, and circle to do a green bay plunge(on the ground). Holding up after grabbing will make him throw them directly upwards.
-A quick powerful backhand slap that destroys projectiles, EX version deflects them.
-A drop kick that causes a wall bounce
-A command sprint, triangle to tackle, square to spear them to the ground(then he punches them), X to do the drop kick, circle to cancel the sprint.
-An anti grab, he snags their leg then swings them around violently before throwing them to the opposite side of the stage.

Gimmick/Venom:
-Boosted strength, speed, recovery, and armor on some moves but health slowly deteriorates as long as you have it active, give you power at a cost.
-Makes Bane completely projectile invincible.

Super:
He punches the victim in the gut, gets a boost of venom(lets out a battle cry during), as they lean forward from the pain he grabs them from their back and power bombs them, then he gets up and grabs their head, slams it against the ground multiple times, slowly ramping up speed and ferocity, he then picks up their body, raises it above his head and...

With a very loud and realistic bone crunching noise.

My Ideas

Normal attacks: brawler fighting style, furious swings and spontaneous punches and kicks.
-One of his arial attacks has to be a flying elbow drop, it just has to be.

Specials:
-One grab command with different outcomes decided via button press or input. Examples: do the grab then press triangle to do a jumping power bomb, square to do a german suplex(afterwards he quickly turns around and stomps on the victims head before jumping backwards slightly), X to do a pile driver, and circle to do a green bay plunge(on the ground). Holding up after grabbing will make him throw them directly upwards.
-A quick powerful backhand slap that destroys projectiles, EX version deflects them.
-A drop kick that causes a wall bounce
-A command sprint, triangle to tackle, square to spear them to the ground(then he punches them), X to do the drop kick, circle to cancel the sprint.
-An anti grab, he snags their leg then swings them around violently before throwing them to the opposite side of the stage.

Gimmick/Venom:
-Boosted strength, speed, recovery, and armor on some moves but health slowly deteriorates as long as you have it active, give you power at a cost.
-Makes Bane completely projectile invincible.

Super:
He punches the victim in the gut, gets a boost of venom(lets out a battle cry during), as they lean forward from the pain he grabs them from their back and power bombs them, then he gets up and grabs their head, slams it against the ground multiple times, slowly ramping up speed and ferocity, he then picks up their body, raises it above his head and...

With a very loud and realistic bone crunching noise.
this needs to happen