What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If I can adjust to how online players play I can maybe upload fights vs random people.

TYM'goers are also welcome to play.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Unfortunately no. I am the only Bane user on PSN. :(

Break spines on Live for me, though.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

They are not popular on XBOX live either. I've only ever seen 1 besides myself.

But we're out there, being underestimated, and shocking many when we hit it right.

Been going with your preasure guide a bit more, working very well :cool: Shocked one of my friends when they got blown up all the way to the corner and never got out. They were like "Damn he's ridiculous when you get him going."

Reactions: RYX

Not true. I've mained Bane on PSN since day one. I just have a ton of trouble against deathstrokes with anything less than 3 venoms burned to smash through that gun spam.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
They are not popular on XBOX live either. I've only ever seen 1 besides myself.

But we're out there, being underestimated, and shocking many when we hit it right.

Been going with your preasure guide a bit more, working very well :cool: Shocked one of my friends when they got blown up all the way to the corner and never got out. They were like "Damn he's ridiculous when you get him going."
I know what you mean. I see that Bane has used 74 trillion gallons of Venom. I'm the only one I've ever seen use him. It makes me wonder how many gallons I've put him through.

LEGI0N47

I know what you mean. I see that Bane has used 74 trillion gallons of Venom. I'm the only one I've ever seen use him. It makes me wonder how many gallons I've put him through.
Probobly all of us in practice trying to nail our max combo's and how to beat various specials & wake ups.

And, to that end, how much venom is used with a single press?
Does leave one to ponder.

I think my problem is that Bane is the newbiest/scrubbiest character of all. You can literally spam venom and specials and beat lots of people. Which is what I'm doing lol

I have no actual fighting game skill here which leads to frustration when you play good opponents.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think my problem is that Bane is the newbiest/scrubbiest character of all. You can literally spam venom and specials and beat lots of people. Which is what I'm doing lol

I have no actual fighting game skill here which leads to frustration when you play good opponents.
He's far from scrubby. Get out of here with such tomfoolery.

lol he's definitely scrubby.

You can literally venom and DP/command grab your way to victory against a ton of people lol

Well, I'm playing scrubby and winning so it has to be true.

That's not entirely true. I've had 3 venom charge attacks stuffed outright by an instant 2-meter wall or floor bounce. Venom isn't just a tool to add damage or get in on your opponent. It has a hidden 3rd property you may not have figured out yet: It instantly turns your opponent into a turtle or a spammer. That's when it's time to get in and use mix-ups till you can land tic-throws on dem bastards all day.

Plus the potential of b23 or b21 are good for making the opponent guess. They HATE guessing when you're roided up and in their face.

Scrubs get blown up by good people right? I'm getting blown up by good people.
But based on your last post... wait... AUGH. Make sense, please.
There's a really easy litmus test for determining whether or not whoever you're playing with is decent.
If they get smacked around by venomed charges more than once or twice in the match, they're probably not that good.

That's what I'm saying.

It's really easy to win as Bane against a LOT of people. You can smack people with Venom Double Punch, Command Grab, b23 into combo and a ton of people can't get out of it. This is evidenced by my 60% win rate on ranked and even against some very good people with really good Win/loss ratios and tons of matches.

You can almost get away with never blocking when you use Bane. You just attack with Venom. I've noticed it in my own play. The only attacks I use are specials and b23 and I'm winning a lot. I suck though. Bane/Venom is a huge crutch for a newer player. I wish I hadn't picked him for that reason.

That's what I'm saying.

It's really easy to win as Bane against a LOT of people. You can smack people with Venom Double Punch, Command Grab, b23 into combo and a ton of people can't get out of it. This is evidenced by my 60% win rate on ranked and even against some very good people with really good Win/loss ratios and tons of matches.

You can almost get away with never blocking when you use Bane. You just attack with Venom. I've noticed it in my own play. The only attacks I use are specials and b23 and I'm winning a lot. I suck though. Bane/Venom is a huge crutch for a newer player. I wish I hadn't picked him for that reason.
Don't forget jumping d+3. The hitboxes on that are insane and, if I'm not mistaken, it's an overhead which is great for putting pressure on people who like to guard low on recovery. Probably one of his better crossup options too.

j.d+3, b23, 123 ring toss is 35 damage on it's own. No venom. No meter.

LEGI0N47

big_aug

I'm not the best player by any means and I disagree. If anything we're at a disadvantage in many ways, especially online with lag. Honestly I think I win a fair amount of matches just because a lot of people don't know what Bane can do. That and once you hit them hard and are in their face they can tend to crack a little, and then we break them.

So f2d is nowhere even close to 11 frames. I'm pretty much positive of this. If you go into practice mode and set the AI to jump, you can tag it with a d1 between jumps (17f of advantage) and it will jump again as soon as it possibly can. So, tagging the AI with d1, I can connect a b1 (17f startup) before the AI can leave the ground. I can even connect a b2 (18f) on the ground with frame perfect timing, probably because there's a very small delay for the jumping animation. However, f2d doesn't even come close to connecting before the AI leaves the ground. If it were really 11 frames, this would be an easy feat to accomplish. Furthermore, you can see the difference with just a visual comparison between the speed of d1 and that of f2d.

So, f2d must be a much slower move than the frame data indicates. I also believe that air d3 has much more favorable advantage than the frame data lets on, and that air 1 is more unfavorable.