What's new

I Am Calling You Two Out.

Should Tom Brady and Reo accept Box's challenge?

• Yes. Destroy each other, hype ensues, profit.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • No. There's no excitement to be found here.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • I haven't seen the fire under it get big enough to care.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • 6-4 Kabal.

Votes: 24 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GGA Max

Things were definitely more hype a few years back...

my first premonition is that the community has gotten older, wiser, and with that comes this dryness... where all the youngsters may be getting shut down within the status quo, just thinking out loud

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Things were definitely more hype a few years back...

my first premonition is that the community has gotten older, wiser, and with that comes this dryness... where all the youngsters may be getting shut down within the status quo, just thinking out loud
And that's #Facts also.
It isn't the same atmosphere anymore at all.

@Lt. Boxy Static im calling YOU out fool!
BRO YOU ARE ON
When I get back online, we're running a First To Whenever One Of Us Dies.

To the poster, why not challenge people who still actually actively play this game. Tom hasn't played in like 2 months and wont be playing, Reo you might catch online for casual but not offline for mkx.

Might as well challenge toxin or dragon or scar or something if you want a response. Your timing for the challenge is way off, most people are taking a break and waiting for inj2.
The challenge is for Injustice 2. Anytime after May-ish.
Whenever/wherever they want to throw down.
I can't forsee this game taking off without the two of them around.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This.

THE STORY OF WOLF HAT.
(It's more or less the story of why I'm doing this. It's also completely insane. Watch it. Trust me. I have a Wolf Hat.)

champdee

Noob
good luck? I dunno.. just do well at a tournament instead of "calling them out" I'd say, as they most likely won't really care, I'm not trying to be mean but ya...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Doctor Angel is still very much willing to make this fucking thing happen.
Box is dead, but in his honor, I will gladly destroy the false prophet of the Lin Kuei and his right hand of Hades.

You're no Jesus, Tom. Reo, maybe, but not you.

I still want a fucking fight.
And you wouldnt believe what I've gone through in my life to get to it if I told you.

Brady as Shane Douglas.
Reo as Terry Funk.
Doctor Angel as Handsome Sabu.

It's the fight that could bring the NRS community back to life.
It's something just crazy enough to work.
And it still can.

Where the fuck are these two?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Fuck it. It's out there.

Put it in your Discords.
Post it on Shoryuken.
See if the On Blast Show guys will throw kerosene on the fire.
I've been at this idea so long now that's it's become a fucking life's journey sized endeavor.

The challenge stands and awaits an answer.

The message is delivered.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Fuck it. It's out there.

Put it in your Discords.
Post it on Shoryuken.
See if the On Blast Show guys will throw kerosene on the fire.
I've been at this idea so long now that's it's become a fucking life's journey sized endeavor.

The challenge stands and awaits an answer.

The message is delivered.

Love the conviction and the heat. Got the wrestling heel vibe and I like.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
You should've taken acting lessons, bro, you can't teach those facial expressions and funny mannerisms.

There's no reason this 3 way ladder match shouldn't take place. The good doctor is willing to put up $333, this is a no brainer!!

If we can't get all of these guys in the same place at the same time, I nominate @Pig Of The Hut to host this melee on RHS. Each guy could PayPal a neutral party the dough, and pig can host the KOTH. Pig could skype call someone to help him commentate, and boom we are in there.

Of course in person would be better, but it doesn't seem like tom and reo are doing a whole lot of traveling, but maybe I'm just wrong.

@Doctor Angel who do you play?

And let the record show that months ago I thought this was kind of dumb, but I was wrong,

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You should've taken acting lessons, bro, you can't teach those facial expressions and funny mannerisms.

There's no reason this 3 way ladder match shouldn't take place. The good doctor is willing to put up $333, this is a no brainer!!

If we can't get all of these guys in the same place at the same time, I nominate @Pig Of The Hut to host this melee on RHS. Each guy could PayPal a neutral party the dough, and pig can host the KOTH. Pig could skype call someone to help him commentate, and boom we are in there.

Of course in person would be better, but it doesn't seem like tom and reo are doing a whole lot of traveling, but maybe I'm just wrong.

@Doctor Angel who do you play?

And let the record show that months ago I thought this was kind of dumb, but I was wrong,
1. This literally warms my previously dead heart. For real. I've never converted anyone before. Thank you, man <3.

2. I will gladly do battle with anyone on a Red Hot Sunday if it gets me passage into this match. If either Douglas or Funk want me to try to take someone's head in order to earn the right to take theirs, I'll get the night off from work and be there. My schedule is erratic, which is why I rarely take part in major online affairs, but for this I will stop the world.

3. The list of characters I play seriously enough that they could come into play in this affair is down to Brainiac as my Captain, Red Hood as my Pilot, (soon to be) Sub-Zero as my Priest, Scarecrow as my Mad Scientist, and Aquaman because I'm not crazy enough to not play at least one top tier. I also have a pocket Catwoman because my daughter demanded I at least learn how to play her.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Can someone move this thread back to 2011

It's beyond my moderation powers
Go on, Shadow. Doubt.
More of you, doubt.
It makes no difference.
Look at the times we're in. Our community is Mad Max with smart phones. A wasteland. By the books.
The game is taking off. The E-Sports wave of the future has picked up steam. but that's the 1%.
When was the last time something genuinely fucking interesting happened?
When K-Brad told Wolfkrone about himself?
When LI Joe shook the house in Vegas?
When was the last time our scene was more than just a thing that is?

We could be more, but no one wants to grab their balls and jump in.
So I am. And if it works, I will forgive you for not believing in me.

Nobody thought the Mother Of Dragons could make it to Westeros until she set the Dothraki on fire.

When it's over, you'll thank me for proving you wrong.

#DoctorAngelIsMakingHouseCalls

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
On the next episode of my endless pursuit of the greatest fight of all time, I will accomplish five things.

1. I will begin my antiheroic pursuit to make @CrimsonShadow a believer in the power of Doctor Angel.
2. I will go against my better judgement and explain, in as undelusional terms as possible, tell you all the true purpose of this endeavor.
3. I will, unbeknownst to even myself, say or do something to get at least one of the two aforementioned challenged parties to accept the match. Don't know which yet.
4. I will place the first coin in the vessel that will contain my $333 contribution to the battle pot.
5. I will show you the Butcher.

Also, as big a fan of American Gods and Ian McShane as I am, I want to take a moment to acknowledge the irony that the first skeptic who I have found myself compelled to make a believer of is in part named Shadow.

We're gonna go on an adventure. All of us.

Together.

:).

The Ultraviolent Revival, Phase Three.
Coming soon to a screen near you.

#YouThinkYouKnowTheButcher
#YouHaventEvenSeenHisFace
#BelieveInDoctorAngel

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Somebody who's never won a major before just won the biggest major we've ever had outside of EVO with Scarecrow -- who no one thought would even make Top 8 -- in front of an entire CEO of screaming players

That's pretty interesting
It is. Of course it is.
Whiteboi is a fucking monster. His Doomsday in IG1 was instrumental to how I played the game.
And the skill and strain it must have taken to win a show as big as CEO, with fucking SCARECROW, is beyond my expertise.

It was the catalyst moment that reaffirmed my faith that an idea like mine could still work.

But that's not the kind of experience I'm trying to create.

I'll probably never win a tournament (except NEC, eventually, but that's my goal for MK11)...but I'm not trying to.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Like Abdullah the butcher?
oh no...no, not Abdullah. The Butcher or the Kobayashi.

But that's a fine place to start.

A metaphor, to better fit the goal I seek to accomplish:

What Whiteboi did, what transpired last month, was Hart VS Bulldog at Summerslam '92.
It was what we all do, at its absolute best, better than most thought it could be right out of the gate.
It was, absofuckinglutely, lit as lit can be.

However, it was technically also WWE before ECW.

What I'm trying to accomplish...is the equivalent of putting three warriors from three completely different schools of battle in a ring, taking down the ropes, wrapping the squared circle in barbed wire, sticking a pane of glass in every corner, and seeing which one wants to win the most.
I want Foley VS Funk in IWA Japan.
Jun Kasai VS Jaki Numazawa in BJW.
I want to bring THAT side of my opponents to the table, and see what happens as a result.

I am a doctor.
A scientist.
And a man of a very unique brand of faith.

I believe in chaos.
So I want to make some happen, and I want you all to bear witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.