What's new

I Am Calling You Two Out.

Should Tom Brady and Reo accept Box's challenge?

• Yes. Destroy each other, hype ensues, profit.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • No. There's no excitement to be found here.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • I haven't seen the fire under it get big enough to care.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • 6-4 Kabal.

Votes: 24 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
@REO @Tom Brady
@Kitana Prime @Mr Aquaman @Rude @CrazyFingers @STORMS

Watch it.
It's the most important 11 minutes of my FGC related life.

I cannot think of any plainer way to put it.

Name your time. Name your place.
I'll put up $100 just to make it interesting.

THE THREE WAY DANCE.
First to 7. or 8. or 10. Pick a number.
A fights B, winner fights C, repeat.

The Advent Kombat Alliance will have its day.

Friends...spread the word.
Make it inescapable.

I've been through the ringers.
I've shed my tears and blood.
I know I'm worth the effort.
I want to destroy both of you.
Let's make history.

#GothamNeedsUs
#AdventKombatAlliance
#TheFireRises

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Tom going to wait till sub DLC then and only then Tom will win his 1st tournament with his trait LATK

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Boxy being Boxy. I fucks with it.
Thank you, homie.

I don't understand how someone being hungry as fuck for competition and wanting to put on an epic spectacle is a bad thing.

It's only a bad idea if it doesn't work.
I am relentless. I have been banging at this door forever.
I study these fucking games like Chinese Algebra just so I can be kinda ready in case I get an answer.
I am like Roger in the episode of American Dad when he got the money from Hayley and Jeff by just yelling NYAAAAHHH.
This is my goal and my dream, and I will not let it die.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Thank you, homie.

I don't understand how someone being hungry as fuck for competition and wanting to put on an epic spectacle is a bad thing.

I study these fucking games like Chinese Algebra just so I can be kinda ready in case I get an answer.
I am like Roger in the episode of American Dad when he got the money from Hayley and Jeff by just yelling NYAAAAHHH.
Then get some top 8's fam. the better you are as a player the more seriously you will be taken

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I think this is Dope. How can we complain about the community being bored and having no rivialries when something like this happens, and is swept under the rug! The homie is literally calling out some OGs and willing to bet money on it, but y'all dismissing him lol.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
I think this is Dope. How can we complain about the community being bored and having no rivialries when something like this happens, and is swept under the rug! The homie is literally calling out some OGs and willing to bet money on it, but y'all dismissing him lol.
That's what's wrong with top players and they wonder why random ass people online beat them or I could say make them look freeeeeeeeeeeee they should be willing to play any and all competition unless they have shitty connection but offline don't back down that's free mula if you're that damn good

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Maybe the cringiest and most desperate thing I've seen on the internet all week, and I see it all.

You gain relevancy and build hype by actually being successful at the game and becoming a threat on the scene and then calling someone out after maybe having met in tournament or something.

Definitely not by recording a weird vlog and just randomly picking a few players to call out.

Thank you, homie.

You've gotta earn the right to have your challenges be treated seriously if you're gonna go after people like REO. Not saying you haven't put in work, but if it wasn't for tym and I just watched majors I wouldn't know who you are(absolutely no disrespect intended here). So it'd be hard to get hype for a match between "guy I've never seen play" and someone like REO.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Then people wonder why the community is on the "decline". People just shoot down any persons attempt at making something interesting.
Pretty much. But it's all right. This is just about the balance of positive and negative I was expecting.

It's not just about calling the two of them out.
And I certainly didn't just pick them at random.
I have plenty of reasons for wanting to battle the both of them.
I've also spent ages studying their fights and trying to find competition close to their caliber.
The only reason I haven't been making it to shows is because my real life life went kaboom and needed to be dealt with.
I was set for NEC, which is where I originally wanted to do it...maybe do something else at Winter Brawl, the works.
Couldn't be done. But I didn't give up on the idea or lose track of the game.
I wanted to make this happen because it's a good fucking idea.
One, because the fight would be gargantuan.
Two, because now I get to conduct this mass social experiment with all of you.

The community says they want hype.
What happens when you try to give them hype?
Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z.

Maybe the cringiest and most desperate thing I've seen on the internet all week, and I see it all.

You gain relevancy and build hype by actually being successful at the game and becoming a threat on the scene and then calling someone out after maybe having met in tournament or something.

Definitely not by recording a weird vlog and just randomly picking a few players to call out.
I have met Reo and Brady. Repeatedly.
I even crashed with them and a bunch of other guys Winter Brawl 2012 when I got so drunk I had to do a side quest in the morning to find all my stuff I'd left scattered throughout the hotel. We've met. Extensively, no, but we've met.
And ultimately, my concern in issuing this challenge isn't what the masses think of it: it's what THEY think of it.
Because as I said, I swear on all that is good and holy in this world, if the two of them decide to wrap their heads around this and commit, I will hype this fight up from every corner of the earth and make it a spectacle worth caring about. That's just facts. You don't spend this much fucked up time with such an idea in your head and not polish it enough to make it worth delivering.

Arrogant, talented, world renowned fighter. Shane Douglas = Tom Brady.
Seasoned, wise but insane, iconic champion. Terry Funk = Reo.
Crazy, capable, long tan and handsome wild card. Sabu = Box.

I don't care how long it takes.
I don't care how crazy it may appear.
I wouldn't be clamoring for it if I wasn't capable of delivering.

I just don't understand why more people aren't doing it.
What happened to all the old epic callouts and rivalries that bloomed from impulse and bloodthirst?
Why does next to no one care enough to put themselves out there and make it happen?

Step 1: Wait for Injustice 2
Step 2: get gud
Step 3: Hype yourself up
Step 4: Get top 8 at a major/Perform some sick pop offs
Step 5: Make this thread again
Step 6: Lose to Tom Brady because he's unstoppable
Step 7: Wait for Sub Zero DLC
Step 8: Make this thread AGAIN
Step 9: Exploit improperly functioning ice clone to victory
Step 10: Live happily ever after

Status
Not open for further replies.