What's new

I’m really sick of the level of toxicity on this game.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Thing is with mk 11, people send hate mail to you even if they win they teabag, talk shit on the mic lol, like who does that? Talk about insecure. I can't speak for anyone else but I go thru this daily win or lose lol. That's why now on xbox I filtered my messages to not allowed I'd I don't know you, friends can message me or if I unblock scrubby aholes. The switch there is no message option which imo a good thing in mk11s case.

I've seen a video of a guy playing Kollector and imitating his voice. He was godlike, sounded like coming from the game. So the other player started to talk shit and the Kollector guy kept up trolling him back while doing the voice. I cried

This is one kind of response to all that.
If these things get the best of you, it's better to start t-bagging as well, to vent a little bit. (have done it) There's a fine line between tbag and hatemails/mic.

As other users said, BS like that exist because the of the nature of MK. Mk11 even more.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The thing is, people KNOW teabagging is toxic. They know Fatalities are toxic. And they know, in general, doing both can piss of the opponent. Same reason trolls troll. They usually get a reaction. Same reason bullies bully, they usually get a reaction.

Unfortunately, there’s actually nothing you can really do about people being toxic like this. The more you point it out, the more they will do it.

Also, the worst is those who win, teabag the entire Fatality time, then do the longest fatal their character has, they one and done you... THEN they ALSO send hatemail. It’s like... bro, you won. Why are you saltier than me when I’m the one who lost? And yes, this has happened to me on several different occasions where they did all of that in that exact order.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Funny thing about fatalities... I'm curious, would anyone miss them if they were gone? While they're entertaining to watch the first couple of times, I honestly think they exist nowadays solely because they've been an iconic part of the series for so long and don't really contribute anything meaningful to the experience. On the contrary, current gameplay mechanics, especially if you're doing towers, require you to sit through them literally hundreds of times, i.e, they're essentially a time-waster. I'd be happy to see em gone in favor of streamlining the experience and taking away troll toys.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Funny thing about fatalities... I'm curious, would anyone miss them if they were gone? While they're entertaining to watch the first couple of times, I honestly think they exist nowadays solely because they've been an iconic part of the series for so long and don't really contribute anything meaningful to the experience. On the contrary, current gameplay mechanics, especially if you're doing towers, require you to sit through them literally hundreds of times, i.e, they're essentially a time-waster. I'd be happy to see em gone in favor of streamlining the experience and taking away troll toys.
Fatalities were fun when they were simple like the spin rip or toasty. I could see Sub-Zero or Scorpion finishing their opponent off like that, it makes the most since to me that they would be very fast but still flashy, the better brutalities in MKX is how in would do a fatality. I'm not really squeamish per say but I'm not entertained by seeing my character get his intestines pulled through his mouth like Ermac in MKX or have hook swords tear his face apart like Kabal in this game. Extreme gore can be done right, but I don't think it is here

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Fatalities were fun when they were simple like the spin rip or toasty. I could see Sub-Zero or Scorpion finishing their opponent off like that, it makes the most since to me that they would be very fast but still flashy, the better brutalities in MKX is how in would do a fatality. I'm not really squeamish per say but I'm not entertained by seeing my character get his intestines pulled through his mouth like Ermac in MKX or have hook swords tear his face apart like Kabal in this game. Extreme gore can be done right, but I don't think it is here
I'm admittedly a little taken aback at first by some of them too every time a new MK drops. I'm also kinda disconcerted about how quickly I acclimate and they become no big deal. :)

That said, if you gotta keep MK's ultraviolent roots (which I'm ambivalent about), I think brutalities are the perfect evolution and replacement for fatalities because they provide a satisfying but brief visual reward based on gameplay achievement, not that just that you won the match.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm admittedly a little taken aback at first by some of them too every time a new MK drops. I'm also kinda disconcerted about how quickly I acclimate and they become no big deal. :)

That said, if you gotta keep MK's ultraviolent roots (which I'm ambivalent about), I think brutalities are the perfect evolution and replacement for fatalities because they provide a satisfying but brief visual reward based on gameplay achievement, not that just that you won the match.
Brutalities in X were so good. They're good in this game too but all the stupid bullshit you have to do to get all of them is just insane and sucks the fun out of them.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Its weird I totally dropped this game for granblue, things I've noticed so far?
Players typically dont try to style on you it's all buisness. at any point any character can melt your health bar so theres a mutual lvl of respect you and your opponent have to have throughout. In mk if I play kotal i go into a match expecting people to disrespect my buttons and turn steal which on it's own is fine right? Another thing I've seen is the lack of knowledge I have about the way the game works is actually kinda refreshing. When i see people post about FD and tier list it makes me cringe maybe that type of information shouldn't really be focused on as hard as it is, its decimated the mk community and I cant really find a reason to argue over something being -7 or -9 which is what happens here 100% of the time.
So to kinda wrap up here I think dropping the professional act and just getting to the meat of what makes a game a game is what mk needs, less focus on the I wanna go to tournaments and eleagues and more on the grass roots large lobbies and party nights. Competitive gaming ruined this community we gotta bring the fun back.

Unfortunately toxicity is not a new thing in NRS games but MK11 has S-tier A-holes everywhere. I play on PC and PS4 and T-baggers are present on both systems. I blocked all messages after hate mail started to get out of control and some real jerks went a step too far.

What I can't stand are PC cheaters, lag switchers and connection breakers. On the other hand, it's nice to make toxic idiots taste their own medicine. There was a Sub-Zero player who started to get in my head. No matter what, he beat me regularly. But after a while, I started to see his patterns and found ways to kounter it. Last time he won the first match as usual, t-bagged and did the fatal but it was way more close than before. I defeated him in the second match, punishing all his bullshit. I clearly caught him off-guard because he played below standard from then on so I was winning the third match. In the end he stopped playing, the wire sign was flashing and he disconnected so I didn't get the win nor the points. But it felt so good to make him quit! He cheated his way out of it but it was still a win nonetheless.

Petty assholes won't forget though. I just played someone yesterday who was labeled my 'Nemesis' and I remembered his tag but not who he used to play. Now he played Spawn, beat me and did the t-bag+Fatal kombo. I think it has something to do with the fact that last time I defeated him for some juicy 100+ points in KL but at least for now he can feel himself a real tough guy to beat me with a relatively new character. I'll remember him now so we'll see how it goes next time when I'll be more prepared.

I don't feel the need to troll, insult or disrespect my fellow gamers but if you're an A-hole to me I won't be nice either. I just try to let it go most of the time but in the end of a long, messy day it's hard to tolerate toxic bullshit.

Hiyomoto

Noob
I don't know what level anyone is playing on but from what I've experienced, I rarely receive or send any sort of hate. Unless obviously one party lost to hilarious circumstances, etc. Every now and then a guy on the mic cursing me out despite not being good enough to complain about certain aspects of the game or because I'm admittedly using cheap tactics.

Mk definitely needs the finish him/her screen.

But personally I won't miss them for sure. Said that before, but characters are highly developed now, while half of them are like super heroes and the other half are families. Seeing them murdering in such sick ways doesn't fit anymore in my opinion. It's sick. Not funny or shocking.
I could easily go back to the old school ones, where characters use their special gimmick instead of generic meat butchering.

Does this really bother people that much? Trash talking is traditional in anything competitive, not just gaming. You wanna shut someone up? Beat them. Use it as motivation to destroy them the next time you run into them. There is nothing more satisfying then beating a trash talker.

Bagging and hate mail don’t really get to me anymore just from years of playing different fighting games. I really wish NRS would incorporate a taunt button we can use mid match like some Japanese fgs. Bagging during a 8 second window where I can’t do anything doesn’t make you hard. Making a read and then giving up your turn just to talk shit for a second is big dick energy and way more hype than bagging

Reactions: Zgf

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Don't forget Overwatch, it's full of neo-nazis and insane people.
not any more. my dad and i are pretty high levels and neither of us had to deal with much yet
then again we are semi new.and he rarely plays so apex folk are pretty rude too him. (overwatch teams we have played with have been supportive)
also be careful who yall rage at because they may be a biker... you dont mess with bikers, RACER OR STREET

Pizza

Thrill Kill
not any more. my dad and i are pretty high levels and neither of us had to deal with much yet
then again we are semi new
Where are you from? Servers in South America and Oceania still have rampant lunatics, not necessarily insulting people but throwing the game if the get mad, walking while crouched to slowdown the team, and there's still some racists going around. Some of them are racist to both players and characters (!), and the blame game is thrown around a lot.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Where are you from? Servers in South America and Oceania still have rampant lunatics, not necessarily insulting people but throwing the game if the get mad, walking while crouched to slowdown the team, and there's still some racists going around. Some of them are racist to both players and characters (!), and the blame game is thrown around a lot.
Central. U.S.A

Honestly, when I get on 11, I just wanna run ft10s with people in casual mode. It’s hard to do that when the first 10 players you encounter tea bag fatal and run after getting a single win. By the time I run into someone that’s respectful enough to play a set with me I’m already too burned out by all the BS I had to go through to get matched with them...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The thing is, people KNOW teabagging is toxic. They know Fatalities are toxic. And they know, in general, doing both can piss of the opponent. Same reason trolls troll. They usually get a reaction. Same reason bullies bully, they usually get a reaction.

Unfortunately, there’s actually nothing you can really do about people being toxic like this. The more you point it out, the more they will do it.

Also, the worst is those who win, teabag the entire Fatality time, then do the longest fatal their character has, they one and done you... THEN they ALSO send hatemail. It’s like... bro, you won. Why are you saltier than me when I’m the one who lost? And yes, this has happened to me on several different occasions where they did all of that in that exact order.
I don't care as much if someone fatals me, just don't sit there teabagging for 10 seconds then do it at the last second like you mentioned. I will do fatals sometimes at the end of a set only because it goes to bloodshed(so I've heard) I think people feel entitled to win easier I guess lol I said the same thing. Why send hatemaill even if you win? lol

xKMMx

Banned
Can anyone please tell me how to get the sound of an opponents mi to record when using the save clip option on PS4. I have a great shit talker revenge video from yesterday but its not as good with out being able to hear this dude.
Dude was a tele and grab spamming Scorpion and brutalled me in the first match then talked shit.
The next two matches I hit him with two different brutalities and he lost it.