What's new

I’m really sick of the level of toxicity on this game.

I know some will disagree, but this is disrespectful af (unless it is your friend and you know each other). And Im going even further: This kind of behavior (like trolling on internet) is like....the real person behind the courtain of life being really what he / she is.
Do you want to understand why the world is what it is? Play mk11. There are a lot of teabaggers all around the world....in real life. They are just socially polite.

Whats funny is... the tea bag mash at the end of the round is more execution heavy than any character they will ever pick up. The point is... when i get on injustice or mkx... someone will actually get on the headset and VERBALLY get mad. If i lost the match i dont even bother watching what the opponent does.

Whats funny is... the tea bag mash at the end of the round is more execution heavy than any character they will ever pick up. The point is... when i get on injustice or mkx... someone will actually get on the headset and VERBALLY get mad. If i lost the match i dont even bother watching what the opponent does.
Speaking of which, that trick of creating a private party to avoid listening to others in online is a godsend.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I think people can go overboard on being offended by this stuff, but I also absolutely think MK is the most disrespectful fighting game on the market.

There's like, an inherent psychology problem with MK. It seems for most players - at least online - the aim of the game is only and always "to win". Not to improve, not to learn, not to experiment, or go "well, I lost but I did better against this tricky character". As long as people "win the match" (and rub it in the opponent's face) that seems like literally the sole reason people play. I'm wording this very poorly, but I know what I'm trying to say, at least : D

- A good example is how you might beat a player with one character and then they switch to backpedal Jade or zoning Cetrion... They didn't choose to get better with their initial choice, or try and learn how to beat you, they just want The Win. That's the MK mindset.

It's the only fighter where I'll have a really good, well played, intense set and then, if I lose, receive total disrespect from the opponent, and maybe even some shit on the mic or in the mail too. Even though they won, and even though the match was close, fast and exciting. Because all that seems to matter is that final second. "I WON". The rest of the fight doesn't count for anything. GGs are almost non-existent. That's a lonely fkn game.

I'm sure its not like this out on the circuit ofc, but in terms of online play, the MK community only hurts itself. It literally eats itself up. Its bad for longevity, its bad for the online and competitive scenes. It's a shame, really.

Anyways, just opinionz. Sorry for the essay, I've been thinking about this a fair bit lately.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Its not that big of a deal. We have all been there where we win a few against someone that then finally gets one off us then tbags and quits but at the end of the day what are they really doing? They are pushing down a shitload of times. Not exactly the most sportsman of moves but not slashing your tires.
Keep an eye out for their name to pop up again and when you play them smoke their ass and get that sweet revenge.

xKMMx

Banned
My favorite revenge on a toxic gamer ever was an immediate rematch I was given by KL match making against a dude that was talking mad shit the whole match and then tbagged when he won.

Next time around since he was flo chart as hell with Sub... I beat him two straight and i'll admit last round was close and I almost lost it.

But when I won I just stood there on fatal screen with him talking shit until my FB regenerated at the last minute I hit him with it. Dude lost his mind and started yelling and screaming,

Moral is the real dicks out there take getting disrespected so hard and think you do the same so they win when you let them get you pissed off.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Oh for sure. 100%. I've been playing MK since it started and people are by far the biggest assholes on this specific release. I miss MK9's no-blood code. This game brings out the worst in people. I've gotten hatemail after matches like "k*** yourself", "f*g", etc for absolutely no reason. I play with my mic off too. I made a hidey acct because people would simply recognize my name "ScarsUnseen" and then turn on their mics to talk shit. Completely unprovoked.

It's not you. It's this game. It's other people with bad attitudes who have an outlet.

Fighting games are like the reverse of other genres as the casuals tend to be the most toxic and as you start playing only really good players you run into that alot less.

Good players generally don't want to throw away a potential training partner by teabagging them as randos. Better to get that training partner first, THEN teabag the shit out of them because you both know it's just for the lulz then

This community can get pretty toxic. I don’t let t-bagging get to me anymore. I figure the ppl doing it don’t have much going on in their lives so when they get a win on MK they don’t know how to act. But those ppl out there who won/one and done... fuck y’all from the bottom of my heart. Run that shit back coward

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I will admit this happens quite a bit in mk 11 but it also happened in mkx as well( you havnt know the dark side unless you’ve been tea bagged full screen playing bo rai WHILE the match was going on in mkx). I’m a sub player and I don’t tra bag unless the opponent does it first...the os to that now is ppl counter pick body you in the last match THEN tea bag..

but as others have said don’t let it get to you, and if it does you can always play other games until it subsides.

at the same time I’ve been through the online trenches...I’m sure half the ppl in this thread were potato tea bagging the joker community full screen during the injustice 2 era anyway...

Keep your head up and take a break if you need to

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Various games are full of Aholes, toxic etc but MK is easily one of the worst and definitely THE worst when it comes to FG...at least MK 11. The previous MK's had some jerks here, there but nothing like this lol.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I will admit this happens quite a bit in mk 11 but it also happened in mkx as well( you havnt know the dark side unless you’ve been tea bagged full screen playing bo rai WHILE the match was going on in mkx). I’m a sub player and I don’t tra bag unless the opponent does it first...the os to that now is ppl counter pick body you in the last match THEN tea bag..

but as others have said don’t let it get to you, and if it does you can always play other games until it subsides.

at the same time I’ve been through the online trenches...I’m sure half the ppl in this thread were potato tea bagging the joker community full screen during the injustice 2 era anyway...

Keep your head up and take a break if you need to
Yeah, exactly. I mean people were complaining about deathstroke players that only shoot guns and run away and teabag in Injustice and then send hatemail. It's literally no different for any of the games.

But I've come to realize that people's memory is only one game long. They forget the stuff they complained about in the last game, so that they can heap it on the next game. They did the same thing to Injustice 2 and will do it to whatever comes after MK11.