What's new

Strategy - Hunter Hunter gets castrated cause of HQT.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Can u explain how or did I miss it from someone else in the post. HQT dictates a fight and hunter only gets stuff if the opponent lets you randomly throw out traps. Throws into trap is cool but I'll take safe mid
strings any day of the week over a gimmick

REO

Undead
Hunter IS overrated. I see so many players saying he's top three but that's not true at all. I don't even think he's top five. I believe he's right outside top ten.

IMO, Hunter struggles against:

Kung Lao
Shinnok
Tanya
D'Vorah
Quan Chi
Sonya

None of them are 3-7 which is very good but the characters above do have the slight advantage and bully Hunter Predator while suffocating his options. He's a really good upper mid tier character that feeds off players that lack heavy experience in the match up.

Rodshod123

OH BABY!!!
HQT isn't all what's cracked up too be either. People just don't see it. Woopie his zoning is good but do people really believe you can only win by zoning? It's good but you can get around it easily if you learn how to and don't panic. People want his zoning to be nerfed but they don't understand by doing that your killing this character completely. His pressure/mixups isn't even braindead anymore. You can't just mash 3 low laser cancel 3,3 laser all day. His cancels are completely unsafe. You even think about trying to continue pressure after it your getting punished free. You no longer how to worry about blocking high midscreen but if your in the corner and he hit you with a low laser hen you have to guess. Zoning is all he have take that away and he will become a waste of a character slot. This is not me downplaying it's just common sense, lab work and lots of online/offline matches. People swear hit rapes the whole roster but that isn't true. Yes he is good but top 3? Your bugging.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
I did it for summoner and impostor (early days shinnok)

Quite the reason
playstyle is one thing, that literally why people dont play half the cast. Not playing a variation because you think it's too good though when thats your main character anyway just seems so dumb to me though lol. And it's clearly a problem most top players dont suffer from.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
playstyle is one thing, that literally why people dont play half the cast. Not playing a variation because you think it's too good though when thats your main character anyway just seems so dumb to me though lol. And it's clearly a problem most top players dont suffer from.
Too good variations automatically affect playstyle.

You play boneshaper. Gets nerfed. Then you have deal with "oh shit, why I got armored. I spent a bar". "I can't open him up by looping the string, I ll get armored, lets try the overhead. ITS UNSAFE, what am I gonna do now?"
You play summoner. "I'll get them once, then I'll try to loop my shit as many times I can. If they escape I jump back (or neutral) and seek an opportunity to summon the bat and start going again.
good variation = easy one --> dying brain cells --> no improvement

From every fighting... no screw that. Every game you like is something that your mind has a feeling it needs. When the game has nothing to offer you drop it (until you feel nostalgic).

FGs are a chance to improve your reactions, mind games and creativity. Variations are an opportunity to be creative.

SWAG isn't a luxury. It's a necessity

(I'm saving this :p)

He's a really good upper mid tier character that feeds off players that lack heavy experience in the match up.
As someone who has exclusiverly played as Hunter Predator since he was released, this is the most accurate reply in the thread. Players better than myself that aren't familiar with the matchup always lose the first couple fights we have, once they catch on, it becomes very difficult to get offense and set ups going.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Personally anyone that zones I feel gives Hunter Predator issue. He has a fairly large recovery even when using EX trap. Unlike HQT Predator the recovery is far less with straight or low lazer and then crouch. I have to agree that I feel that HQT Predator is high on the tier list. Hunter is upper mid to mid. Warrior I don't like to talk about it...

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
Am I severely underestimating Hunter? I just can't imagine any scenario where I would pick him over HQT - Preds footsie game is so much better with HQT from what I understand.