What's new

Strategy - Hunter Hunter gets castrated cause of HQT.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I don't have an issue with tier whoring, just hypocrisy, he was the one calling someone a tier whore, I just said a pot shouldn't call the kettle black
I don't have an issue with it either, the point is that there was no hypocrisy, you can't call a day 1 Imposter main a tier whore, your argument holds no weight

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I don't have an issue with it either, the point is that there was no hypocrisy, you can't call a day 1 Imposter main a tier whore, your argument holds no weight
Lol, u act like I was the one who started calling people tier whores in this thread. Actually, that was the guy you are now defending. All I'm saying is you better main Goro or Jacqui only before you trash a top player for being a tier whore, not Quan and shinnok regardless of variation!

I GOT HANDS

Lol, u act like I was the one who started calling people tier whores in this thread. Actually, that was the guy you are now defending. All I'm saying is you better main Goro or Jacqui only before you trash a top player for being a tier whore, not Quan and shinnok regardless of variation!
I'm not acting like you said anything bro, I'm just saying that regardless of what he said, you can't just attribute a label to him for the hell of it, tier whoring is jumping to the new strongest character each patch, and hes mained Shinnok Imposter from the jump lol

Regardless this discussion is silly

Nothing wrong with tier whoring anyway and I wish more people would swap to someone with the tools they expect from a character, instead of trying to butcher current game design and buffs characters who don't need it in any way

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I'm not acting like you said anything bro, I'm just saying that regardless of what he said, you can't just attribute a label to him for the hell of it, tier whoring is jumping to the new strongest character each patch, and hes mained Shinnok Imposter from the jump lol

Nothing wrong with tier whoring anyway and I wish more people would swap to someone with the tools they expect from a character, instead of trying to butcher current game design and buffs characters who don't need it in any way
Yup i have no problem if someone opts to choose a top character. For the sake of full disclosure, I mained Kabal in MK9 and have no regrets about it lol. I got a lot of hatemail because of it but it was worth it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

IGH,

Stop calling it tier whoring.

I call it - smart.

I play Sun God Kotal Kahn because I get the most joy playing him, but I'm not trying to win majors.

If your goal is to win majors, you should be willing to take the best path to that goal available.

If your goal is to win majors with X or Y character, then that easiest path isn't there - and your goal isn't single-minded - making it even harder to attain.

When guys win with low tiers, its commendable - and HYPE - but how often does it happen, really?

They call all out coverage in Madden, [ban incoming] D (short for forth and goal defense) - but most people no longer use this term because its wrong to use on so many levels. Using that word to disparage a play-style and a sexual preference just isn't right. As we progress as human beings, we learn not to disparage styles - be it in life or in play.

I GOT HANDS

IGH,

Stop calling it tier whoring.

I call it - smart.

I play Sun God Kotal Kahn because I get the most joy playing him, but I'm not trying to win majors.

If your goal is to win majors, you should be willing to take the best path to that goal available.

If your goal is to win majors with X or Y character, then that easiest path isn't there - and your goal isn't single-minded - making it even harder to attain.

When guys win with low tiers, its commendable - and HYPE - but how often does it happen, really?

They call all out coverage in Madden, [ban incoming] D (short for forth and goal defense) - but most people no longer use this term because its wrong to use on so many levels. Using that word to disparage a play-style and a sexual preference just isn't right. As we progress as human beings, we learn not to disparage styles - be it in life or in play.
Dude you are quoting the wrong person, I'm calling it tier whoring cause thats the term these guys are using, as I've said multiple times I think more people should do it and leave the character behind if they think it's subpar, instead of complaining that their character doesn't have the tools they want - no character has everything, pick the one that has what you want.

GAV

Dude you are quoting the wrong person, I'm calling it tier whoring cause thats the term these guys are using, as I've said multiple times I think more people should do it and leave the character behind if they think it's subpar, instead of complaining that their character doesn't have the tools they want - no character has everything, pick the one that has what you want.
I understand that. Just stop calling it that. We need another term for it. Lets call it tier jumping instead. That way, it illustrates the point without the negative connotations.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
actually warlock was my day 1 main, I started playing impostor a few week later and I do also play bone shaper, but the point still stands.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I don't have an issue with tier whoring, just hypocrisy, he was the one calling someone a tier whore, I just said a pot shouldn't call the kettle black
the fun fact is that my issue was exactly the same you are having. not with tier whoring (that I don't like, but I can live with it), but with hypocrisy: he himself said he isn't a tier whore (undirectly, at first at least) and I just pointed out how stupid that is.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
So, stop with the Tier Whore talk. You make yourself sound like a salty scrub by even using the term. I feel like a scrub even typing it out to say that it shouldn't be used.
i feel the same. Another Word which i feel the same way is.... Spam or spammer.

Reactions: GAV

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
At this point I have also seen Quan downplayed, Tanya Downplayed, Shinnok and Cassie downplayed.

The only char I have not seen downplayed is KL I'm sure their is people downplaying him.

So by that logic KL is the only good char?

TYM needs to cut down on the hyperbolic words too

Reactions: GAV

Cerebru

Noob
Hunter was fine except too much dmg. But why the fuck is 3 a high. Yes, HQT only did 32 low laser for easy broken pressure. But now where does hunter stand in mix. How the hell u going trade against someone without a fair mid. 212 blows its unsafe. The rest of the mids are way too slow. This change may make HQT fair but I think there is no reason to play hunter or war. If I'm missing something I'll apologize real fast but someone helpe out here
Raidens 3 is a high as well making it almost impossible to lock down these poke happy mfs, worst part about it you can spam poke with some chars and it seems the the advantages on the positive pokes just adds up? or maybe its the block stun making these negative forever moves reliable? But you have a half screen poke use it and stop getting castrated. lol

GAV

i feel the same. Another Word which i feel the same way is.... Spam or spammer.
...but calling someone a move spammer still isn't as bad as something like move nympho or something with bad connotations as such.

In my mind, whatever gets you the win at the game's highest levels is what you should do.

If you're just playing for fun, then play whatever way makes the game the most fun.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
TYM got me scared to buy Predator on XB1 now, had him on PS4 but after this patch im holding on to cash with fear...

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Because you're scared he got over nerfed? Dude, don't listen to these fools. Hunter and HQT are still top tier
Dont listen to this tortoise guy. He's just instigating things to make his next report extra juicy. Predator is officially a bottom 5 character, he got the 3s sean treatment. :DOGE

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Because you're scared he got over nerfed? Dude, don't listen to these fools. Hunter and HQT are still top tier
Maybe HQT but hunter is not. I retract me agreeing with king but I still like his style. Anyways, i just dont see how characters can compete at top tier without a viable mid when some characters have nothing but mid and 50/50 attacks. HQT can make strings safe without meter if I'm not mistaken. And hunters 50+ dmg 2_bar combo is retarded hard. Even sonic fox dropped it against king and DJT. I don't see anyone with access to it or hasn't done it in tournies I've watched. Hunter still has top tier oki game but his up close game is not nearly top ten, and has no wake ups which is a fair trade compared to his oki game. Hunter will lose bad in the trade game. Plus hunter is one the character with no projectile. I just dont understand changing a string from mid to high. That was never a complaint going into the patch. Same with tremors mid and completely unnecessary.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
There is just no reason to play hunter over hqt anymore and that's still my opinion. Thanks for all the post

GAV

Maybe HQT but hunter is not. I retract me agreeing with king but I still like his style. Anyways, i just dont see how characters can compete at top tier without a viable mid when some characters have nothing but mid and 50/50 attacks. HQT can make strings safe without meter if I'm not mistaken. And hunters 50+ dmg 2_bar combo is retarded hard. Even sonic fox dropped it against king and DJT. I don't see anyone with access to it or hasn't done it in tournies I've watched. Hunter still has top tier oki game but his up close game is not nearly top ten, and has no wake ups which is a fair trade compared to his oki game. Hunter will lose bad in the trade game. Plus hunter is one the character with no projectile. I just dont understand changing a string from mid to high. That was never a complaint going into the patch. Same with tremors mid and completely unnecessary.
Hunter is still his best variation.