What's new

Strategy - Hunter Hunter gets castrated cause of HQT.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Lol, I saw you talking shit to forever king in threads before the patch too, just stop.

It is important to recognize when an argument is lost, and just let it go :)
I don't see how his argument is lost in any way shape or form, any prior argument they had is irrelevant to this, he's asking how Shinnok is top tier after the patch and I'd like to see the answer to it

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anytime I ever see Predator talk I don't even think of talking about Warrior. What does he ever bring that useful besides hoping you don't get touched and get SD combos?

As for Hunter I just continue to play the simple d4/b2 poke range game I played with before. I didn't have the 50% combos and would drop my corner shit and could still manage wins. Now I guess I gotta be more careful of low pokes and probably spend a bit more meter on EX Trap. Again this is just the way NRS decided to do the whole variations thing. Maybe something might change again for Predator. All you can really do is complain about it and play with what you got. It's what I've been doing since picking up MoS Raiden and dealing with Thunder God messing with my character.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I did actually use Buzzsaw alot in casuals, he was my second most used character right next to Kung Jin. I just never brought him out in tournament because I was always using Kung Jin
So when you started using kung lao more just happened to be right when he got buffed?

lol just stop you can admit it it's fine. if KJ and KL were both low tier in this game you would've been using cassie or raiden or something

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I meant to put this here...

I don't even understand this argument. At the game's highest levels, you do everything you can to win - or you probably don't win.

Calling someone a "tier whore"? The mindset behind this argument is a losing one.

How is picking the character that gives you the best chance to win any different from playing the character you chose in the best possible way to win?

When you're trying to win a tournament against great players, the only way to do that is to not only be better - but to be your best.

Choosing a character that gives you less chance of victory just makes no sense.

If you're playing for fun, then pick whomever you want - but if you gotta win, be single-minded in your quest to achieve that goal.

18 Tanyas in one tourney and 22 Predators in another tells you everything you need to know. Almost everyone good enough to compete at the highest levels chooses their character by who helps them win. This is part of the equation that gets you there.

Last edited:

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
I meant to put this here...

I don't even understand this argument. At the game's highest levels, you do everything you can to win - or you probably don't win.
Calling someone a "tier whore"? The mindset behind this argument is a losing one.

How is picking the character that gives you the best chance to win any different from playing the character you chose in the best possible way to win?
When you're trying to win a tournament against great players, the only way to do that is to not only be better - but to be your best.
Choosing a character that gives you less chance of victory just makes no sense.

If you're playing for fun, then pick whomever you want - but if you gotta win, be single-minded in your quest to achieve that goal.

18 Tanyas in one tourney and 22 Predators in another tells you everything you need to know. Almost everyone good enough to compete at the highest levels chooses their character by who helps them win. This is part of the equation that gets you there.
i agree
but
people like shit teir characters played by really good players, so they hate on top players who use the best characters
cause they've already seen those characters win before
thats the only line of logic i can slightly follow as to why these people complain about teir whores
that and getting mopped by them constantly.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

i agree
but
people like shit teir characters played by really good players, so they hate on top players who use the best characters
cause they've already seen those characters win before
thats the only line of logic i can slightly follow as to why these people complain about teir whores
that and getting mopped by them constantly.
...but generally those that see it this way aren't competing at that level.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
...but generally those that see it this way aren't competing at that level.
which is the most ironic part about it and makes no sense. It's the same people that get mad at you for beating them and call you a nerd but if they win they teabag you. It makes no sense at all.

Reactions: GAV

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
no it isn't, because he is still my main now. but yo, if you really want to talk before the patch, check out witch variation is in the mood chooser bruh, doesn't look like bone shaper to me. you said it yourself: "It is important to recognize when an argument is lost, and just let it go :)", you were kind of right. :)

EDIT:
For such a shitty use of one of the greatest meme's of all time:

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
lol just stop you can admit it it's fine.
LOL agreed. I know I don't care if people use top tier. And it shouldn't matter to anyone else either; you're competing to win. Why make that harder unnecessarily? It might be a "scumbag" tactic to some, but in the end YOU are gonna be the one that gets paid. There's no shame, if you don't wanna be counterpicked then pick a top tier or a character with no 3-7's or worse (if you're not a character loyalist, poor Zatanna :( )

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I don't see how his argument is lost in any way shape or form, any prior argument they had is irrelevant to this, he's asking how Shinnok is top tier after the patch and I'd like to see the answer to it
I think you missed the point. Sassolino was, both before and after the patch, talking shit to Forever King saying he is a tier whore. Sassolino, before and after the patch, has used Quan and Shinnok, so I (and others) called out this blatant hypocrisy. Sassolino tried to say that he is in fact not a tier whore because shinnok was recently nerfed, which is an irrelevant argument because he was also calling King a tier whore before the patch.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Why is everyone so ashamed to admit they are a tier whore (not pointing fingers). Its a game and people will do what they can to win, including picking good characters.

Anyway, predators 3 getting nerfed to a high was unnecessary after his extensive damage nerf, kills that pressure...but he has plenty of other tools gimicks and setups and hes fine.

I blame King and Sonicfox for Predator mirrors in GF at Summer Jam...NRS was like yeah damage isnt enough..nerf more! Standing 3? Sure!

Iv never even touched HQT. No bomb setups? Nah

Cyrax 2016? Plz ed

GAV

Why is everyone so ashamed to admit they are a tier whore (not pointing fingers). Its a game and people will do what they can to win, including picking good characters.

Anyway, predators 3 getting nerfed to a high was unnecessary after his extensive damage nerf, kills that pressure...but he has plenty of other tools gimicks and setups and hes fine.

I blame King and Sonicfox for Predator mirrors in GF at Summer Jam...NRS was like yeah damage isnt enough..nerf more! Standing 3? Sure!

Iv never even touched HQT. No bomb setups? Nah

Cyrax 2016? Plz ed
Because the very idea of slandering a necessary mindset for competing at the game's highest levels is awful in itself.

We don't call Major League Baseball's Power Hitters Home Run Whores, do we? Do we call the NBA's high flyers Dunk Sluts? So, why the he!! would we call the greatest fighting game players any kind of slander. Why? Because we are haters, plain and simple. There can be no other reason.

So, stop with the Tier Whore talk. You make yourself sound like a salty scrub by even using the term. I feel like a scrub even typing it out to say that it shouldn't be used.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I think you missed the point. Sassolino was, both before and after the patch, talking shit to Forever King saying he is a tier whore. Sassolino, before and after the patch, has used Quan and Shinnok, so I (and others) called out this blatant hypocrisy. Sassolino tried to say that he is in fact not a tier whore because shinnok was recently nerfed, which is an irrelevant argument because he was also calling King a tier whore before the patch.
Let me start off by saying, I'm not sure what the issue with tier whoring is. I really don't care what character someone else plays, and I'd much rather they jump on the one they feel is the strongest, than make a million threads fighting to buff an already capable character the highest level.

Now, that being said - Sasso from day 1 doesnt play any summoner or boneshaper, so that immediately falls kinda in on itself, he plays the other more variations. Now even if he did, if he was a tier whore - the whole point in that word would be that he jumped ship from from Shinnok since he was normalised. Some people just enjoy the characters.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
If you say so. Contrary to popular belief, I don't tier whore as much as you guys think. My mains since day 1 of MKX were Kung Lao and Kung Jin, my favorite characters. They just so happened to be good. You can't say I don't like them and only tier whore, because Kung Lao is my main in basically every MK he's in and I used Kung Jin at Fatal 8 before anyone knew anything about tiers.

Then Predator is just awesome, his dash cancels are super fun. So I'm not necessarily tier whoring, I am using great characters but they just so happened to be characters that I like and be really good. I got lucky
Just play Kenshi for a day and no one will call you a tier whore ever again! LoL

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Let me start off by saying, I'm not sure what the issue with tier whoring is. I really don't care what character someone else plays, and I'd much rather they jump on the one they feel is the strongest, than make a million threads fighting to buff an already capable character the highest level.

Now, that being said - Sasso from day 1 doesnt play any summoner or boneshaper, so that immediately falls kinda in on itself, he plays the other more variations. Now even if he did, if he was a tier whore - the whole point in that word would be that he jumped ship from from Shinnok since he was normalised. Some people just enjoy the characters.
I don't have an issue with tier whoring, just hypocrisy, he was the one calling someone a tier whore, I just said a pot shouldn't call the kettle black

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Because the very idea of slandering a necessary mindset for competing at the game's highest levels is awful in itself.

We don't call Major League Baseball's Powere Hitters Home Run Whores, do we? Do we call the NBA's high flyers Dunk Sluts? So, why the he!! would we call the greatest fighting game players any kind of slander. Why? Because we are haters, plain and simple. There can be no other reason.

So, stop with the Tier Whore talk. You make yourself sound like a salty scrub by even using the term. I feel like a scrub even typing it out to say that it shouldn't be used.
Just wanted to point out that when shit like the Lebron, Wade and Bosh group up in one spot, is the sporting equivalent of tier whoring. And everyone knows exactly what's going on. I've made jokes about it and shit like the yankees buying everyone but that's all I ever heard, just jokes. Unless you from the player's original team, then things get a bit dicey. I don't know if anyone here shames players for tier whoring but I always just thought it was a funny thing to call someone. Like when Chris G plays marvel and people give him shit for being lame. Just something you clown people for but all in good fun.

P.S. All players should do what I do. I play Cassie and Predator. Had a side Kotal I barely touched until recently. I divert attention by playing MoS Raiden and talking about spectral Ermac. Now I got counter evidence if anyone ever talks about my counter picking or character tier placement. Gotta know how to play the system. ;):cool: