What's new

Strategy - Hunter Hunter gets castrated cause of HQT.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If you say so. Contrary to popular belief, I don't tier whore as much as you guys think. My mains since day 1 of MKX were Kung Lao and Kung Jin, my favorite characters. They just so happened to be good. You can't say I don't like them and only tier whore, because Kung Lao is my main in basically every MK he's in and I used Kung Jin at Fatal 8 before anyone knew anything about tiers.

Then Predator is just awesome, his dash cancels are super fun. So I'm not necessarily tier whoring, I am using great characters but they just so happened to be characters that I like and be really good. I got lucky
Historic Kenshi counterpick shall never be forgotten. :coffee:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Untrue. Pre patch I feel Hunter is better because he has better mix ups, super high damage, and good anti zoning to help him get in.

In my opinion pre patch Hunter probably beats HQT in the matchup and was just better overall. I just think HQT is more fun with the cancels.

But now with their nerfs, we'll see who's better. Either way I would probably still use HQT over Hunter even if Hunter was still better
Lol there is no way in hell hunter was better than hqt

Rodshod123

OH BABY!!!
If you don't think 3 being a high doesn't hurt him, you're truly not a Predator(HQT) main. He can literally be poke out of everything he does after a plasma shot cancel. I don't have a problem with taking risks to generate offense but he doesn't get rewarded for taking them. You gain nothing from using 2,1 as a means of pressure. Tell me what he can do now to make up for that crippling nerf? I understand why they nerfed 3,2 and i agree with it. But why couldn't NRS give him something in return to make up for it? That's NRS problem they take take take but never give. Like maybe having Back 2,2 down 2 actually jail idk something.

ando1184

Noob
It wasn't so much that 3 being high that hurt hunter but the combination of that plus d1 being - on block and the damage nerf. They just hurt too many things hunter relied on specifically. Even with a trap out, 3 being a high can still be poked out of and the trap disappears. Predator needs either safer or faster pokes/strings because post patch he suffers far worse than before in that department. Honestly, the damage nerf was all he needed in hunter, this other stuff was a little overkill imo.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
So, if 212 is unsafe, is it really that hard and debilitating to just do 21 which is indeed safe? Not only that but a 2-hit string like 32.

I'm trying to undestand the problem here.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Aren't you a quan chi / Shinnok main? In general, throwing stones is not recommended when you live in a glass house.
Wait, a Quan/Shinnok main is bashing Forever King for being a tier whore?

Did someone ask what irony is or is Sassolino a Dink-level downplayer?
I wasn't sure if to actually quote you both considering that I'm pretty sure that one of you copied the other but anyway: yes I play Shinnok even now that got nerfed pretty heavily, and yes I play Quan since day 1 without ever touching Summoner because I've always found him too cheap.

ps: I play Quan since day 1 because it was my MK9 main and we all know that MK9 Quan was more broke than Kabal. Kappa

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I wasn't sure if to actually quote you both considering that I'm pretty sure that one of you copied the other but anyway: yes I play Shinnok even now that got nerfed pretty heavily, and yes I play Quan since day 1 without ever touching Summoner because I've always found him too cheap.

ps: I play Quan since day 1 because it was my MK9 main and we all know that MK9 Quan was more broke than Kabal. Kappa

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Most of all the good strings in the game are mid starters. That is a fact. High starters are very useful but far from the best strings. If u can't hit mid welcome to quan chi d1 hell and cyromancer uppercut city. Pred was too strong but this is a bit much
Lol what?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
not even 1 word. here's a tip: if you don't know what to reply just shut up, perhaps you won't look like an idiot.

Don't try to call out one of the best MK players for being a tier whore when you yourself play top tier characters like Quan Chi and Shinnok. That's the very definition of something that people should get called out and blown up for.

Somea2V

Thread Referee

not even 1 word. here's a tip: if you don't know what to reply just shut up, perhaps you won't look like an idiot.

I'm pretty sure the delicious irony is so obvious, more people than just the two of us came to that conclusion on our very own. Tacky and I apparently just like stirring the pot. If you weren't the salty party, you'd probably even be calling BS on yourself, or someone in a similar position. Say... if Forever King was calling someone out for being a tier whore. :rolleyes:

PROTIP: Cute GIFs don't make you look like less of hypocritical idiot when you were just outed.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking the same.
Yeah, I'm not sure who he was trying to impress by calling Forever King a tier whore, but given that he mains Quan and Shinnok it really just makes him look like a petty fool who is hoping people will like him. Its as if Bill Clinton publically criticized Tiger Woods for cheating on his wife, smh

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
Yeah, I'm not sure who he was trying to impress by calling Forever King a tier whore, but given that he mains Quan and Shinnok it really just makes him look like a petty fool who is hoping people will like him. Its as if Bill Clinton publically criticized Tiger Woods for cheating on his wife, smh
I can relate to Forever King cause I picked up Erron Black since I seen his reveal. I just love the theme of his character. Then it turns out he's god tier as fuck.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I can relate to Forever King cause I picked up Erron Black since I seen his reveal. I just love the theme of his character. Then it turns out he's god tier as fuck.
Yeah... some of us didn't have that luck. Then again, Cage wasn't as raw a pull as Vanilla Kenshi, Kitana or Goro... so yeah.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
i think hunter is the better character for all but the best players but HQT in the hands of a skilled creative player has better potential. cancel mixups are deadly to defend against.