What's new

HSmoke General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think this MIGHT be a 2 part move. 1- Toss the bomb; 2- Teleport to it. Depending on where you decide to activate the teleport, it may take you full screen, half-screen, or close to the original position. Would be an interesting mindgame, as enemies might antecipate your actions only for you to teleport somewhere they aren't expecting...
yeah, kinda like how Cammy's hooligan combination works. You get an overhead, low, grab and cancel.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
yeah, kinda like how Cammy's hooligan combination works. You get an overhead, low, grab and cancel.
I very much hope that this is the case. A slow telegraphed unsafe overhead teleport seems almost unusable without a cancel or mixup option. If it is like hooligan then I'd argue that its better since Smoke can't get hit out of the air during the approach.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I very much hope that this is the case. A slow telegraphed unsafe overhead teleport seems almost unusable without a cancel or mixup option. If it is like hooligan then I'd argue that its better since Smoke can't get hit out of the air during the approach.
It isn’t useless at all, just might not be very useful in neutral. Would be cool if it was somewhat similar to JP’s overhead portal move in SF6. Where it can either be an overhead projectile or he can TP through the portal. Maybe it can explode doing damage, or he can use it to teleport as shown. Or maybe he can use it to teleport at any time while it’s in the air. But, we’ll just have to wait for more info.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I think this MIGHT be a 2 part move. 1- Toss the bomb; 2- Teleport to it. Depending on where you decide to activate the teleport, it may take you full screen, half-screen, or close to the original position. Would be an interesting mindgame, as enemies might antecipate your actions only for you to teleport somewhere they aren't expecting...
I think it is:

2:47

It's the same move, it's just that in this case Smoke teleports earlier behind Kenshi (at a shorter distance than in the other trailer where it's almost full screen)

Zviko

Noob
I think it is:

2:47

It's the same move, it's just that in this case Smoke teleports earlier behind Kenshi (at a shorter distance than in the other trailer where it's almost full screen)
Yeah but that could also mean you have fixed close, mid and long range option. It could also mean it's just a side switcher that tracks on it's own like Rain's B14 in MK11.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
After seeing the Smoke breakdown. I am very much content with this character. Originally I was disappointed that Smoke Bomb/Cloud was removed but it seems like he will have plenty of tricks up his sleeve. Invisible 50/50s is hilarious. I assume his frames/safety won't be great, but I'm hoping for a way to balance that with a Kameo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
After seeing the Smoke breakdown. I am very much content with this character. Originally I was disappointed that Smoke Bomb/Cloud was removed but it seems like he will have plenty of tricks up his sleeve. Invisible 50/50s is hilarious. I assume his frames/safety won't be great, but I'm hoping for a way to balance that with a Kameo.
He looks amazing. I’m actually glad they didn’t show much of his combos. It’s gonna be fun exploring all his combo routes along with working on all his mixups especially with mixing the Kameos in.

For instance, a meaty low ice freeze projectile from Frost + his decently ranged overhead attack would be a great hard to block mixup in general but especially as a meaty. I already am thinking of so many possibilities!

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
He looks amazing. I’m actually glad they didn’t show much of his combos. It’s gonna be fun exploring all his combo routes along with working on all his mixups especially with mixing the Kameos in.

For instance, a meaty low ice freeze projectile from Frost + his decently ranged overhead attack would be a great hard to block mixup in general but especially as a meaty. I already am thinking of so many possibilities!
Exactly! Or the opposite where you throw out a Kameo with an ambush pop up overhead and pair it with the low teleport. Crazy possibilities.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Thank goodness for this KK. Smokes trailer did not do him justice imo. Excited to see explore him
Agreed. I was a bit worried because I’m going to main him regardless if he’s bad or not. So them not showing much in his reveal trailer I was nervous. But after this KK, I’m ecstatic! His redesign seems to be perfectly done. I just need confirmation on if his smoke away/towards cancel costs meter. 16bit never said if it did or not, and of course in the breakdown they were using infinite meter in training mode. But in the match footage it didn’t show it taking meter either, but it makes the sound effect like it does when you do use meter. Plus, NRS typically is allergic to giving a character any sort of cancel without making it cost meter.

That said, I really hope it doesn’t cost meter. Imo there’s no reason it should. It’s not a cancel that really does anything crazy, it’s just good for mobility.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Smoke, as always, just like god damn hella evasive , and pretty much ultra super dangerous with his lot of options to in and out

That new teleport, with low kick + dragon punch is hella sexy move !

Impressive his moveset; he will be fun and very good to play, and ultra annoying to deal with , hehe :D :laughing:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Smoke, as always, just like god damn hella evasive , and pretty much ultra super dangerous with his lot of options to in and out

That new teleport, with low kick + dragon punch is hella sexy move !

Impressive his moveset; he will be fun and very good to play, and ultra annoying to deal with , hehe :D :laughing:
Yup, his main playstyle has always been to annoy you with his evasiveness and mobility, dating all the way back to when he was first introduced as a playable character in UMK3. And it’s precisely the reason he’s always been my favorite MK character, so I’m really glad that the redesign captured what makes him Smoke.

Yup, his main playstyle has always been to annoy you with his evasiveness and mobility, dating all the way back to when he was first introduced as a playable character in UMK3. And it’s precisely the reason he’s always been my favorite MK character, so I’m really glad that the redesign captured what makes him Smoke.
after the scorpion discussion we had, i instantly thought this might be your mk1 main over him.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
after the scorpion discussion we had, i instantly thought this might be your mk1 main over him.
Yeah, my #1 main will be Smoke, then followed by Scorpion.

But, there’s so many characters I want to try out, pretty much every character actually that they have shown so far. Honestly the only character so far I don’t think I’ll use very much is Kitana. I also typically never like Mileena so I doubt I’ll use her as well. But ya never know, depends on her new gameplay.