What's new

HSmoke General Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What a beautiful thing to wake up from a nap to! For those that don’t know, I had a hip replacement/resurfacing surgery a week ago, so been in bed + doing PT for the past week. Been in a lot of pain and a bit down in the dumps, but this has improved my mood and mental x100!

Human Smoke has been my favorite character since UMK3, and I loved him in MK9 as well of course. This is the best MK1 news!!

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Early Notes with Timestamps

1:00 high mid string into what looks like a multi hitting combo ender that launches into the air and sucks you back into a close range. It could all be a “fast hitting” string but I’m hoping that it's a special that can be EX’d for an air follow up. I’m curious how others see it.

1:05 Looks like an overhead, mid, gap, teleport on the other side high kick string. I imagine most of the time this as used as an overhead, mid, combo starter special

1:10 Side teleport is BACK BOIISSS. This looks like an EX version that starts low and leads to an air combo. The air string is two hits into an air smoke explosion. Is this an air special or part of a string? I dunno.

1:15 almost full screen Fatal Blow range. Nuts.

2:41 Low combo starter. Full string is a knockdown. It looks like it has gaps.

2:44 New smoke towards has craaazy range. WTF is that? I wonder if he will be invulnerable when Exing this move. Leads into some pressure. Another string with a huge gap.

2:49 Air smoke bomb? But now he teleports to the bomb and hits overhead? I wonder if this can be EX’d for a pop up. This may be a replacement for the smoke bomb we have become accustomed to with MK9 and MKX.

3:07 Fatality. Definitely smoke vibes plus leaning in on the traditional ninja vibes.

D

Deleted member 59910

My boy Thomas Vrbada clearly attended the Krauser’s Combat Knife School. I’m in love with his design. A mix of ninja and military. A combat knife, high tech mask, grenades and cartridge case without losing the Lin Kuei vibe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Smoke's knife looks like the knife one of the assassins from The Raid 2 uses, I don't know if it has a specific name.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Smoke's knife looks like the knife one of the assassins from The Raid 2 uses, I don't know if it has a specific name.
He uses a Karambit (or something that looks like it) which is a traditional Filipino weapon. The Raid is an Indonesian film, and considering the countries' proximity to one another, it's not surprising to see it in the film.

Attachments

I get that everyone is excited to have Smoke return, but these designs are bringing me down so much. The 3 of them just look awful to me. Can't stand the hair on any of them nor the lack of mysticism in their appearances.

I just don't understand this direction. Why does anyone have to be a different character? And people are so ready to embrace it which baffles me.

Why does Smoke have to be Hanzo or Scorpion being Kuai Liang? lol The Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu could have both been present and co-existing as a team.

Scorpion and Takeda in the Shirai Ryu...Smoke, Sub-Zero and Tundra in the Lin Kuei for instance. Working...Together.

Idk man. I just don't know.