What's new

How Would You Rate The Roster At The Moment?

I mean if you can't play as the green ninja palette swap, what's the point?

Seriously though, it is kind of interesting that people can become so attached to characters who originated as simply a different color. Kudos to MK for developing characters people feel passionately about, I guess.
That's the thing though, Jade's whole character up until this point has been "I'm Kitana's best friend". Hell, even in Deception, all I remember of her ending is saving Kitana with Sindel's help. I don't get why Jade of all people had this premonition of sorts. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make Delia the one who had it? She did see the original timelines Armageddon coming, after all.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
- Kabal ( Potential main )
- Skarlet ( Potential main )
- Scorpion
- Raiden
- Baraka
- Shao Kahn
- Kano
- Geras
- Erron Black (if that steam hint is true) (Potential Main)
- D'vorah

These are the characters that i really interested in. Still waiting for the reveal of my all time favourite Ermac. If he won't be in i will not gone mad and the roster will be just fine for me, not perfect. There are a lot of cool characters.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
I'm underwhelmed by the whole thing. So far none of the characters have got me any sort of hype. I'm glad for returning characters like Baraka, Skarlet, Kabal and Shao Kahn but not hype at all for the game.

Kratilim

Noob
I think the roster is great overall. I'd like at least two extra new characters though. But other than my hope that Fujin and/or Havik show up. I'd give this roster an 8/10 atm. I'm easily satisfied, I'm already hyped we're getting a new MK that looks this good!

Except Skarlet, it looks a bit underwhelming, but with Rain potentially in the game as well as Kenshi and Takeda still likely too (at least one of them), I'm not too worried about the roster.
I just have to be patient...

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Johnny Cage
  6. Sonya Blade
  7. Kano
  8. Kung Lao
  9. Kitana
  10. Baraka
  11. Kabal
  12. Skarlet
  13. Cassie Cage
  14. D'Vorah
  15. Geras
  16. Shao Kahn
Plus Rain and Noob Saibot seem to be on the main menu, so 18 out of 25 if those are playable. I'm assuming the final 7 will be something like:
  1. Jax - The other parent characters are in plus he's been in most MK games so why not?
  2. Sindel - Baraka is back and Rain may be too. Sindel is the other MKX NPC people wanted.
  3. Jade (maybe Mileena instead) - Mainly just a gut feeling plus it makes sense.
  4. Kenshi - Same as Jax, but he's also Ed's second favorite.
  5. Kotal Kahn - Cassie and D'Vorah being in means Kotal is a lock, in my opinion.
  6. Shang Tsung - Both his island and the Nethership are in the game plus I just think he's a lock.
  7. New - Doubt Geras will be the last new playable character.
If this does happen the roster is basically MKX but some characters are replaced with MK9 characters. I think it's fine, but it feels really safe. Still wish we would have gotten 30+ characters. Would prefer that over Variations, to be honest.

Ed said DLC would be crazy or something like that, and would be similar to what they are doing in the base roster (which is bringing back the characters people really wanted to see in MKX). Assuming we will get something like:
  • MK2-MK3 character (Reptile or Mileena if they don't make it in?)
  • 3D MK character (Havik?)
  • Character similar to Skarlet (rumor character) or Triborg/TMNT (3-4 characters combined into one)
  • Guest (Horror?)
  • Guest (Sci-Fi?)
  • Guest (Video game?)
Yes this list is perfect!

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
Only considering the confirmed so far, we have a healthy mix, except for 3D guys which we might get as DLC.

People complaining about the classics, you need to think we got Baraka, Kabal, Skarlet ,probably Noob and Jade, maybe Rain. All of those are underdogs already.

One thing I don't see anybody mentioning about the kombat kids, is by the end of MKX, Jacqui and Takeda were outside the temple wishing for a vacation, quite hurt.
(Might not be indicative of course).

Kung Jin was the one with Cassie. Besides, they might want to keep him for representatiom. If we get two, I would actually bet on Kung Jin.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I love jade out of all of them because of the potential of her staff combos they never really capitalized on.

Go to 4:50, before that he's just explaining the strings.

I want to see Jade have some badass and crazy staff combos. Like they said with Kabal, most of his attacks are focused on his hook swords and I hope they do this with Jade as well.
To be fair, between Jade and Kitana, I'd take Jade. But, to be clear, I'd rather have neither and get Sindel :)