What's new

Question - Tempest How would you nerf Tempest?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Lol tempest braindead? If you lose to a braindead tempest go kill ya self. I never lost to a f23 hat spin f23 spin jk-dk jk-dk tempest. Hell by calling tempest braindead you just expressed how free you are to the fuckery. RIP BUMS:coffee:
I'm not sure if that was a response to me for saying this:
True, summoner would be considered more 'brain dead' than tempest. But I still believe tempest should be nerfed to some extent.
but I wasn't saying tempest was brain dead and some people would call summoner 'brain dead'. I don't think it's fair to call any character truly 'brain dead' though.

Crystal tremor is probably Laos worst matchup, kitana is probably even or maybe slight disadvantage lao, raiden? Lol none of these characters decisively beat lao except MAYBE tremor.
So you want characters who beat him 10-0 .........
All the charterers I listed have a 6-4 match up if not better.forgot to put tanya in there but it doesn't matter.We will see what happens in march 1st

All the charterers I listed have a 6-4 match up if not better.forgot to put tanya in there but it doesn't matter.We will see what happens in march 1st
Agreed. We don't believe he's getting beat 10-0 by characters but he's CLEARLY not unstoppable the way this thread has it. Many characters have the tools to deal with him and bait a ex spin! Everything he does outside of ex hatspin puts him on the defense. BLOCK HIGH!

If he had "true" mixups and hard to see unblockables...cough...like the rest of the cast, I could see people's point that nerfs were needed. Be patient, bait ex-hat spin, win game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I never said 10-0 lol. I'm also not saying lao doesn't lose 4-6 to anyone, there is actually a good chance he does lose to tremor and kitana. I can't see liu kang being any worse than 5-5 and can't see him losing to most of those characters at all. I guess we will have to wait and see how it plays out. I have absolutely no problem admitting im wrong, so can you please explain why you feel he looses to raiden?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Agreed. We don't believe he's getting beat 10-0 by characters but he's CLEARLY not unstoppable the way this thread has it. Many characters have the tools to deal with him and bait a ex spin! Everything he does outside of ex hatspin puts him on the defense. BLOCK HIGH!

If he had "true" mixups and hard to see unblockables...cough...like the rest of the cast, I could see people's point that nerfs were needed. Be patient, bait ex-hat spin, win game.
Ok, give the mostly considered to be the top2 character if not the best character in the game mixups, ok.

You realize he has a lot more tools than 112124 exhat rinse and repeat right?
(And yes, i know my main is considered top 2 and top 3 too.Even considered to be broken by people who don't know what "Learning the match-up means)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Actually Lao can open people up "traditionally", that's his main way of opening people up. 50/50's are not a traditional thing, MKX just has a shitload of them. Don't overrate the OH/Low mix ups, Only being able to press a button against a character at -3 is a big mix-up game in itself, and Lao isn't a safe character to just sit away and block against.
There isn't a single character in this game that doesn't have the first option of attack after a blocked regular orbit hat, so what 'mix up' is there?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
There isn't a single character in this game that doesn't have the first option of attack after a blocked regular orbit hat, so what 'mix up' is there?
damn dude everytime i post something positive about Lao anywhere you always policing it hard. We get it, he's your main. -3 still leaves him with a shitton of different options to get through anything your opponent does tho, say otherwise all you want lol

Don't change tempest just buff the other variations. Like buzzsaw, I think buzz saw should be the dominant variation. So.. I'm gonna add my two cent, make straight grinder have less recovery for both normal and enhanced. Low grinder to be -4 on block, up grinder to be overhead on the way down.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If Kung Lao were normalized, many people would be content at first. But after three or four months of scarce appearances of Kung Lao players on stream, the same people would claim that NRS is incapable of producing well-balanced fighting games and that Kung Lao was unfairly over-normalized.

Most recently, take a look at Takeda, who was initially a low tier character who received lots of buffs. People were content at first. But once Takeda players began winning, many people immediately called for nerfs.

The moral of the story is never take balance suggestions on TYM seriously. Too many scrubs.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
If Kung Lao were normalized, many people would be content at first. But after three or four months of scarce appearances of Kung Lao players on stream, the same people would claim that NRS is incapable of producing well-balanced fighting games and that Kung Lao was unfairly over-normalized.

Most recently, take a look at Takeda, who was initially a low tier character who received lots of buffs. People were content at first. But once Takeda players began winning, many people immediately called for nerfs.

The moral of the story is never take balance suggestions on TYM seriously. Too many scrubs.
Is it just me or whenever you talk about something you always end with somehow saying "Tym has too many scrubs" lmao. :D

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

and I dont want no scrub, a scrub is a boy who couldn't get no love from me, sticking out the passenger's side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at me...

Right, just like you can block 50/50s, you have to condition them to block one way or the other. It's still a guess because you cannot react to Lao's staggers and if you guess wrong you're fucked. It does not take intelligent thinking to mix it up between 1, 11, 11 EX hat spin, 11212, 112124, 11212 d4, 112124, grab, etc. Guess wrong you lose 30% or more into the same situation with no wakeup option, don't guess and you get chipped out while he builds a ton of meter, guess right and you're plus but still risk getting hit by EX spin lol. What a fucking joke, stop downplaying your ridiculous character.
Im done with this conversation, or debate whatever you want to call it.