What's new

How would you feel about a new character as DLC?

Would you like a new character as DLC?

• Total voters

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
As much as I'd like the son of Kano to be added, I also think that 'the kids of...' are a bit lame to be added to the roster.
When a new character should be introduced i'd like something completely new like D'vorah. But that will be hard since we've seen various elements (fire, nature, earth, lightning), various occupations, etc.
Oh well... I just want Barakka.
yeah if baraka makes it: im interested in seeing what they do with him... could be one of the best of him yet

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm all for new characters. Don't know how well a new character would sell as DLC though. Does anyone know how well Skarlet did?
I for some reason thought Skarlet only managed to get any decent sales because she was the first DLC character released for the game. If she was released after Kenshi, Rain and Freddy then I think she'd have the worst sales. I'm not sure on the numbers though, I could only find how well Freddy sold. Just thought I'd chime in...

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
one thing is for sure, they need to step up DLC's and make them have alternate costumes. they feel empty not having them, esp since we are paying for them. yeah we get skin pack for other chars, but i really want to see that change, it would be a last final bang that would be welcome in my book.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I would absolutely love the Alien to be included. I'm a massive MASSIVE fan of the entire franchise, Predator was cool but just got me more hyped for the potential of Alien. I hope we get it this game so we can actually do Alien vs Predator, instead of the massive opportunity that was Freddy and Jason dlcs, ONE FUDKING GAME APART.

1. Jade/Baraka
2. Sindel/Nightwolf
3. Shang Tsung
4. Sareena

Techincally, Shang Tsung can never die as he needs souls to survive and if we're using the MK9 ending as any reference, he could've probably went back to his island and devised a mass scheme to steal souls to gain even more power (and probably turning him into a demon like the original MK2 concept was supposed to be like). Sareena is an easy choice just due to her involvement in this storyline arch and the fact that this is Mythologies/Post-MK4 Sareena, it only makes sense. Jade, Baraka, Sindel and Nightwolf are just courteous picks.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
or maybe a Samurai. with full on pressure. like less mixup heavy and more so timing pressure on block. could be very cool.

i dont mean blind kenshi, but more of a traditional samurai with no powers, just footsie pressure. maybe a sword/pogo type lunge strike for ranged attacks, not like tanyas.
Dark Feel to the traditional look:

Variation possibilities:

Tiki so sick:

or more traditional:

Different approach:

but they are just ideas... just thought it could be cool
This is so fckin awesome

Unfortunately we'd probably get someone bland like Tanya so I had to vote no

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I for some reason thought Skarlet only managed to get any decent sales because she was the first DLC character released for the game. If she was released after Kenshi, Rain and Freddy then I think she'd have the worst sales. I'm not sure on the numbers though, I could only find how well Freddy sold. Just thought I'd chime in...
Hmm, that may be true. Well they should release a brand new character first then.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There is an abundant database of Characters than never got a chance of being playable, i just dunno what is holding NRS into this matter, they could revamp any side characters in a blink, it would be far more interesting than increase the data base of MK with anything out of the blue right now:

Kia (Demon, we're yet to see demons in MK)
Jataaka (Demon, can be a samurai themed character)
Sareena
Firegod (A different god that is not Raiden or Fujin)
Watergod
Earth god
Great Kung lao (The original Kung Lao)
A different Monk that is not Lao or Kang lineage
Tasia (A black Dragon member that is not Kano, Tremor we saw it coming)
That Shujinko friend in deception ( A shaolin character not related to the Kung Lao Family)
Delia (An Elder God that is not Shinnok)
Argus
King Fucking gorbak

Before giving us a character a new character with such a short time of fleshing them out, each of mentioned above has his/her background well built to be a good playable character.

No offense to who ever like Jacqui and Kung jin, but i'm still trying to feel this characer whithin MK as a whole, i just don't like them, the other new choices aren't much better either aside From Kotal Kahn who is easily the new best character introduced in the game and Cassie, Erron Bringing a gun into a fist fight its kinda bleh, but i feel erron the same way i see Skarlet, both characters have a lot of potential to be fleshed out into something beautiful. Skarlet can be put into any direction NRS sees fit, they just need to pick the right one, same with erron.

But no, lets just revive Kabal, let him have a normal live, so he can have a kid who can NDC without his mask.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I like what they did with kotal and erron NRS was really creative with their design and it adds more then "insert ninja with power here". I think we have covered most elemental ninjas now and all those characters are awesome and I wouldn't want to make them redundant.

You wouldn't think an Aztec god and cowboy would fit in mortal kombat but they made it work so I think the art/character designers at NRS would do a good job
outworld cowboy such great design wow :DOGE

Skedar70

Noob
or maybe a Samurai. with full on pressure. like less mixup heavy and more so timing pressure on block. could be very cool.

i dont mean blind kenshi, but more of a traditional samurai with no powers, just footsie pressure. maybe a sword/pogo type lunge strike for ranged attacks, not like tanyas.
Dark Feel to the traditional look:

Variation possibilities:

Tiki so sick:

or more traditional:

Different approach:

but they are just ideas... just thought it could be cool
mmm Kenshi???

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hmm, that may be true. Well they should release a brand new character first then.
In my opinion that shouldn't be the case. I'm not sure if it would work the same way if this is the second wave of DLC as opposed to the first DLC character wave. I already am not a fan of the current roster, I'd rather have more familiar faces from MK9. From what I've seen, people didn't enjoy the new characters that much in this game - could be a vocal minority though!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
In my opinion that shouldn't be the case. I'm not sure if it would work the same way if this is the second wave of DLC as opposed to the first DLC character wave. I already am not a fan of the current roster, I'd rather have more familiar faces from MK9. From what I've seen, people didn't enjoy the new characters that much in this game - could be a vocal minority though!
I don't want to play MK9 again. I would rather see more new characters

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
outworld cowboy such great design wow :DOGE
Fair point lol Its definitely better then it could have been they could have pulled some time traveling bs and to be fair he a kinda like a nomad traveling the wastelands killing ppl for money who wears a cowboy hat because thats what you wear when wanna look mysterious :cool:

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Although I voted no, I'm not opposed to the idea of a new character. I would HATE to see another "guest" character though. Mortal Kombat has such a rich history and has so many characters to draw off of it would be a shame to not see some awesome Klassic characters from other MK titles brought into the game. Reiko, Havik, Smoke, Fujin. Those 4 characters are the dream team for myself personally.

Additionally, I think it would be great if they added some cool costumes for characters based on the movies/comics etc. In the comic series goro gets 2 of his arms cut off by Kotal Kahn. Why not have a costume that depicts his 2 new metal arms that he is given? If Havik was a released character he has a few "disguises" and the list goes on.

thanks for reading, I know I kinda rambled.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Fair point lol Its definitely better then it could have been they could have pulled some time traveling bs and to be fair he a kinda like a nomad traveling the wastelands killing ppl for money who wears a cowboy hat because thats what you wear when wanna look mysterious :cool:
How awesome would it be if Cyrax came as DLC to take revenge on Erron for burrying him in the sands of outworld.