What's new

How would you feel about a new character as DLC?

Would you like a new character as DLC?

• Total voters

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Kano's son comes to mind. I think 3 classics and a new character tied to the lore would be really neat.
Seems like it would be a riskier choice for NRS than just another classic char, though.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
id like a at least a Guest and or New character added to the roster.

Alien, or Freddy again

and for classics:

Smoke, Cyrax, Sindel would be awesome in my book. ilike others but if i had to narrow it down. that could be it for me:)

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'd be fine with a new character. As long as its not another special forces new character I'd rather it be a themed one like how kotal is Aztec and erron is western.

I'm not sure what era or place I'd prefer maybe a pirate lol

But I wouldn't care at all if shang tsung came back because I'd drop all characters to play him again

E

Eldriken

I'd be fine with a new character. As long as its not another special forces new character I'd rather it be a themed one like how kotal is Aztec and erron is western.

I'm not sure what era or place I'd prefer maybe a pirate lol

But I wouldn't care at all if shang tsung came back because I'd drop all characters to play him again
I fully agree with your suggestions about a new character being a different theme. That's a really good idea.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I fully agree with your suggestions about a new character being a different theme. That's a really good idea.
I like what they did with kotal and erron NRS was really creative with their design and it adds more then "insert ninja with power here". I think we have covered most elemental ninjas now and all those characters are awesome and I wouldn't want to make them redundant.

You wouldn't think an Aztec god and cowboy would fit in mortal kombat but they made it work so I think the art/character designers at NRS would do a good job

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah that would be fine with me. Though I agree with somebody above who said it as long as its not another SF character, honestly I wouldn't want him/her to be from Earthrealm at all, id like for them to give us a character from one of the other realms (Outworld, Nether, Chaos, Order)

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Definitely no more special forces characters. I like how they are different fighting wise but I think a lot of their meh-ness are due to them looking so similar costume wise it takes away from their personality they should have made them unique looking.

Kung jin is the only one who has his own style since he a monk but the rest just have their special forces gear

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
or maybe a Samurai. with full on pressure. like less mixup heavy and more so timing pressure on block. could be very cool.

i dont mean blind kenshi, but more of a traditional samurai with no powers, just footsie pressure. maybe a sword/pogo type lunge strike for ranged attacks, not like tanyas.
Dark Feel to the traditional look:

Variation possibilities:

Tiki so sick:

or more traditional:

Different approach:

but they are just ideas... just thought it could be cool

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Imo, the safe bet would be going for the ninja classics: Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Smoke. If they feel a little risky then add Reiko, Havik, Skarlet or any other popular from the comics. Unless they will make a focus group for a totally new char, I really doubt they would go that path.

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
As much as I'd like the son of Kano to be added, I also think that 'the kids of...' are a bit lame to be added to the roster.
When a new character should be introduced i'd like something completely new like D'vorah. But that will be hard since we've seen various elements (fire, nature, earth, lightning), various occupations, etc.
Oh well... I just want Barakka.

Can we also vote characters away? Kick Scorpion.

I'm all for new characters. Don't know how well a new character would sell as DLC though. Does anyone know how well Skarlet did?
I don't know how well she sell, but I definitly love her. I think companies should put some more risks on their moves and forget about all the fan favourites. I don't want to play MK in 20 years with the same fucking characters over an over. I actually thought that this game was gonna have more new characters, and it still feels like MK9/2 to me