What's new

Video/Tutorial How to punish Flash's Lightning Charge & Sonic Pound

D

Deleted member 9158

With batman you can actually punish the charge with D1 into grapple hook for a full combo punish.

Accidentally discovered this one day playing my friend who's got a wicked flash

Shawi

Noob
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/445831285

This is the video Zyphox . Tbh you missed countless combos, countless hit confirms into kicks -> trait. Hit all them and you easily take all of the close victories he had. But I see how he used dive kick to counter the charge, although so many times when watching and he is just holding back, I'm screaming for you to use mb charge and take the +3 on block into 50:50. Try abusing it if he doesnt respect it.

Shawi

Noob
With batman you can actually punish the charge with D1 into grapple hook for a full combo punish.

Accidentally discovered this one day playing my friend who's got a wicked flash
Everyone can punish mb charge by ducking the second hit.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
hmmm can you anti air sonic pound when canceled from a block string? interesting. i will have to try it out
depends on which one you do, if i do b22 close sonic pound no you can't even backdash, if i try a cross up one then you can foward dash out and some characters can d1 interrupt.

Zyphox

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/445831285

This is the video Zyphox . Tbh you missed countless combos, countless hit confirms into kicks -> trait. Hit all them and you easily take all of the close victories he had. But I see how he used dive kick to counter the charge, although so many times when watching and he is just holding back, I'm screaming for you to use mb charge and take the +3 on block into 50:50. Try abusing it if he doesnt respect it.
yeah its easy just sitting there watching to tell me what i messed up on, but when it comes to playing in a tournament and doing those things is completely different. also when i waste a bar to get in i have less to do anything when i get in.

Shawi

Noob
yeah its easy just sitting there watching to tell me what i messed up on, but when it comes to playing in a tournament and doing those things is completely different. also when i waste a bar to get in i have less to do anything when i get in.
Yeah okay I don't mean to be arrogant lol. But at the top level rico won't miss bnb's neither will Chris G or Brady. I think flash is hard to master but keep at it lad, you'll get there.

Zyphox

Yeah okay I don't mean to be arrogant lol. But at the top level rico won't miss bnb's neither will Chris G or Brady. I think flash is hard to master but keep at it lad, you'll get there.
yeah that was due to me having to use a 360 pad in tournament for the first time, am used to the ps3 delay and a ps3 controller so it wasn't fun, still got 2nd tho ^_^

Zyphox

Why would any flash player not ever do d12 or b22 sonic pound?
d1d2 sonic pound is interrupt able, b22 b22f3 sonic pounds are not interrupt-able only the far version after b22f3 trades with 6 frames moves. you can dash out of any cross up sonic pound in the corner when MB unless flash does Close MB sonic pound then you are fucked. also b22f3 MB sonic pound close or regular will stop this too.

thats the trade off, if you make it so both are equally and easily punishable then flash never gets in on the top tiers, trust me i play against these characters at the highest level and the flash's only viable string that has any reach is b22, but its 15 frame start up and the fact that the top tiers have ways to blow it up, like BA neutral jump, WW b2, or d12 MB tiara, super mans f2, GL b1 etc its really hard for the flash to get in at all. if flash's backwalk was as fast as his forward walk it would help with footsies, but there is a sweet spot where if the flash is in between the range of his d2 and a little father than sweep distance on either of these characters its impossible to initiate offense. they can walk back and whiff punish your b22 from that distance, because there back walks are all really good. and if you walk forward inside the range, you automatically lose the battle on who initiates offense. jumping may work, but playing against GL, WW, BA and trying to jump? if flash gets any buff i just want his backwalk buffed to around the same speed as his forward walk, will definitely help with his whiff punishing and footsies, kinda like cage from mk9.

1. we are all infants in this game
2. regardless of his other moves, no character should ever have a move like that headbutt, it's fucking stupid
3. u have the fastest dash in the game, and a super that slows down time to help you get in, along with a 6-7 frame down poke, im certain people won't be punishing ur down 1 on reaction after a dash consistently
4. I am totally down for an improvement to his footsies, he has no problem with zoning regardless this headbutt shit is absolutely neanderthalish... then again this game doesn't have footsies its like playing monopoly or something... i'll sit here and crouch and wait because u have to come in... oh wait your going to jump at a weird angle
5. ur character is a touch of death character, he should either a) get in easily, and be less, mentally challenged as soon as he touch you b) not get in as easily
6. is it possible dashing in? and backdashing out to whiff punish is viable? ur backdash has bad range

7. This is the most piss poorly designed character in the whole game, I love some of netherrealms ideas coming into this game... a lot of their character designs were stupid, and lackluster in creativity and just overall a bad idea... FLASH, a character who could have been such a cool concept, is hands down, THE worst in the entire game in terms of design, BORING and ABUSIVE... i have my qualms with others, like aquaman being rather boring and not using sharks and his trait being absolute bullshit, superman being 1 string (first day i looked at him and saw 8 frame mid launcher i was like what 8 frames?) and sinestro and green lantern, characters who you could do ANYTHING with as the great Anti-Static said, balls and missiles.

d1d2 sonic pound is interrupt able, b22 b22f3 sonic pounds are not interrupt-able only the far version after b22f3 trades with 6 frames moves. you can dash out of any cross up sonic pound in the corner when MB unless flash does Close MB sonic pound then you are fucked. also b22f3 MB sonic pound close or regular will stop this too.

do it on reaction, nevertheless these short comings may come to fruition a year or two from now... god this game is going to give me a brain aneurysm

Zyphox

do it on reaction, nevertheless these short comings may come to fruition a year or two from now... god this game is going to give me a brain aneurysm
do what on reaction interrupt d1d2 sonic pound? easy, dashing out of the cross up? never in your life on reaction, on a read maybe.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Why would any flash player not ever do d12 or b22 sonic pound?

Because sonic pound is also good against zoners. And aparently I got wrong with the d1d2. Empty Sonic pound is also used for resets.

And don't forget, 80% of the characters crouched make b22f3 whiff (no sonic pound allowed)... It's the case for Zod if I'm not mistaken.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Because sonic pound is also good against zoners. And aparently I got wrong with the d1d2. Empty Sonic pound is also used for resets.

And don't forget, 80% of the characters crouched make b22f3 whiff (no sonic pound allowed)... It's the case for Zod if I'm not mistaken.
Ok

I thought Flash players do LK instead of SP because LK MB only uses the bar on hit and saves the bar on block while SP kinda requires you to commit to using the bar.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
So I couldn't find this anywhere in this thread but is known that Batman can parry b22xxsonicpound and b22xxclosesonicpound as well. This means batman can stop all sonic pound shenanigans on reaction. Zyphox AK Harold

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I thought Flash players do LK instead of SP because LK MB only uses the bar on hit and saves the bar on block while SP kinda requires you to commit to using the bar.

LK on block is -5 which means : backdash. SP is -1 and if you use the MB it's +11 (with little pushback) + overhead which can be close/medium/far.
Doing b22, SP is an ambigous crossup on hit, doing f21 SP is an ambigous crossup on hit. Doing b22 SP is an ambigous crossup on block against few character (batman, HQ). Sonic Pound in corner can easily crossup.
Ending a combo with 3, 2 hard knockdown followed by a SP is a crossup.
Sonic pound combos do more damages than LK combo (~3% more).
Sonic Pound doesn't allow aquaman to use his trait to counter Flash's starter (no LK MB vs aquaman unless his trait is on cooldown).
SP combos are harder than LK combos (that's why people use mostly LK combos) : SP MB needs fast reaction because the juggle is not as good as LK MB, and the animation is very fast (compare to LK MB which works only on hit). Also, the dash buff makes SP MB, trait combos a bit harder than before.
Sonic pound is usefull for reseting, LK isn't.
SP is good against some wakeup because you go from the air. LK goes in front.

So I couldn't find this anywhere in this thread but is known that Batman can parry b22xxsonicpound and b22xxclosesonicpound as well.
Yet I did say batman could parry sonic pound and f3 (which are both kind of air attack which is weird). Maybe on this post I'll find out. You also can see it in the video KH scar vs KH showtime that I posted here :http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/flash-video-thread.31644/page-3.
Batman parry is 1f so he can do it on reaction.

Yup, Batman is broken lol. Honestly, till I see someone react it I will abuse it because I can do far ones to cross inputs too.