What's new

Video/Tutorial How to punish Flash's Lightning Charge & Sonic Pound

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
The parry is 100% punishable on whiff or low hit so there are still options guys. I'm just saying this is a good way for Batman to stop corner resets on read, or some strings with a sonic pound ender that a Flash player would abuse with.

I'm quite sure he can actually parry a sonic pound on reaction since it's 1f startup.

REO
Yeah I got your point, Batman takes a huge risk just to get Flash off, and at the speed you can initiate you're mixups makes it hard for a parry even on read.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
B2,2/Sonic Pound can be backdashed
D1,D2/Sonic Pound has a 12 frame gap (trades with GL's Lift)
F2,1/Sonic Pound = 10 frame gap.
2,1/Sonic Pound can get interrupted easily...

I'll edit this post later....

SaJa

FH_FenriR
B2,2/Sonic Pound can be backdashed
D1,D2/Sonic Pound has a 12 frame gap (trades with GL's Lift)
F2,1/Sonic Pound = 10 frame gap.
2,1/Sonic Pound can get interrupted easily...

I'll edit this post later....

Everything is backdashable with the flash except b2(2) and d1(d2). :/

You won't backdash a far sonic pound or a charge.

xInfra Deadx

Everything is backdashable with the flash except b2(2) and d1(d2). :/

You won't backdash a far sonic pound or a charge.
Yeah I went through that string again and kept eating Sonic Pounds for days :oops:

My point being that no one has tried to expose Flash's holes...I guess i'll have to bring it out in the open.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah I went through that string again and kept eating Sonic Pounds for days :oops:

My point being that no one has tried to expose Flash's holes...I guess i'll have to bring it out in the open.
Are you planning to do so with Ares dash ? xDD

But more seriously you are 100% right. That's why Pig, PL, and so many people think Flash is top 3, they just don't know shit about his weaknesses and he has a lot. No jail string is one of them.

But now that Flash is tournament viable, a lot of people are starting to play him seriously, and then non Flash players will have to learn the matchup sooner or later. :)

xInfra Deadx

Are you planning to do so with Ares dash ? xDD

But more seriously you are 100% right. That's why Pig, PL, and so many people think Flash is top 3, they just don't know shit about his weaknesses and he has a lot. No jail string is one of them.

But now that Flash is tournament viable, a lot of people are starting to play him seriously, and then non Flash players will have to learn the matchup sooner or later. :)
Right. And some characters are going to have to learn some Flash specific combos i'll eventually post.

It does not jail but it is similar to blocking DD shaker so a lot of times people still eat the block and get pissed off about it. This is offline by the way. I cannot imagine online what it will be like.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It does not jail but it is similar to blocking DD shaker so a lot of times people still eat the block and get pissed off about it. This is offline by the way. I cannot imagine online what it will be like.

The only problem online imo is to punish the normal charge. Because if you need to crouch expecting a MB charge you won't be able to punish the normal one ^^ the MB can be a little bit delayed, so online it's problably hard to react to both options properly.

Shawi

Noob
The mb charge is full combo punish on crouch block - no problem. My only beef with it, is that it forces me to expect it and hold my position with a crouch block. I don't want flash anywhere near me, so when I crouch block expecting charge, I am actually inviting pressure and dayum his dash is fast. Anyone know a way round my dilema lol? I play Shazam Aquaman and BA.

I know many of you already know that stuff, but I just wanna make sure everyone from the kommunity knows how to punish those 2 specials, because I've seen too many free charge MB not being properly punished and that's enough !
D2 is godlike against both specials but you gotta respect Flash's b22 (+3 on block) sonic pound and d1d2 (+1) sonic pound. This is practical online obviously.

I'm calling all ambassadors here to let people know and stop crying about it. It's 100% punishable ! And if I'm not mistaken, Batman can parry over the sonic pound for whatever reasons I know.

AK Harold
Xenrail
UsedForGlue
AK Pig Of The Hut
AYSAMO
Perfect Legend
Hellion_96
Zyphox (if batman can parry b22, sonic pound so it may change the Flash's matchup advantage)
Uber
Solid
GamerBlake90
Hiltzy85
A F0xy Grampa
EGP Wonder_Chef
1man3letters
xFriction_Burnx
Red Venom
PND_Mustard
PND_Ketchup
Eddy Wang
FCP/EMP SCAR

okay, how about i duck and wait for mb lightning charge, oh wait you didn't mb and nothing reaches in time!!!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
okay, how about i duck and wait for mb lightning charge, oh wait you didn't mb and nothing reaches in time!!!
thats the trade off, if you make it so both are equally and easily punishable then flash never gets in on the top tiers, trust me i play against these characters at the highest level and the flash's only viable string that has any reach is b22, but its 15 frame start up and the fact that the top tiers have ways to blow it up, like BA neutral jump, WW b2, or d12 MB tiara, super mans f2, GL b1 etc its really hard for the flash to get in at all. if flash's backwalk was as fast as his forward walk it would help with footsies, but there is a sweet spot where if the flash is in between the range of his d2 and a little father than sweep distance on either of these characters its impossible to initiate offense. they can walk back and whiff punish your b22 from that distance, because there back walks are all really good. and if you walk forward inside the range, you automatically lose the battle on who initiates offense. jumping may work, but playing against GL, WW, BA and trying to jump? if flash gets any buff i just want his backwalk buffed to around the same speed as his forward walk, will definitely help with his whiff punishing and footsies, kinda like cage from mk9.

Shawi

Noob
"flash never gets in on the top tiers"
"its really hard for the flash to get in at all"
Best forward dash in the game? Threat of mb charge keeps your opponent in check for you you dash in and pressure. Creates another mind game from mid screen of "will I use mb charge or dash in pressure?"

"its impossible to initiate offense. they can walk back and whiff punish your b22 from that distance, because there back walks are all really good"
If they walk back use mb charge leaving you at +3 - free 50:50 if they block it (correct me if I'm wrong)
If it connects then there is 30% into HKD.

Zyphox

Best forward dash in the game? Threat of mb charge keeps your opponent in check for you you dash in and pressure. Creates another mind game from mid screen of "will I use mb charge or dash in pressure?"

If they walk back use mb charge leaving you at +3 - free 50:50 if they block it (correct me if I'm wrong)
If it connects then there is 30% into HKD.
yeah you can do what you said against average players, but forgive me, have you played someone who has won a major offline? i PLAYED a lot against rico's BA. you think you can just dash up on him? you think he fears MB charge? this is why i hate coming on tym anymore i swear lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
yeah you can do what you said against average players, but forgive me, have you played someone who has won a major offline? i PLAYED a lot against rico's BA. you think you can just dash up on him? you think he fears MB charge? this is why i hate coming on tym anymore i swear lol
Who beats The Flash in your opinion?

Zyphox

Who beats The Flash in your opinion?
Aquaman, BA, Supes, NW, MMH, Batman, and WW 6-4 MU's. everything else is debatable imo he doesn't have a 7-3 MU only because of his damage and set ups once he does hit you. this character also doesn't destroy many characters except bane, cyborg, joker, and lobo. those are all 7-3 or worse IMO. a lot of 5-5's for this character.

Shawi

Noob
This is why I hate coming on tym anymore I swear. Nobody actually offers useful advice, just mockery. No I have not played anyone who has won a major offline but why can't you just dash in on him? Obv you can't try to dash in from full screen, but from 1/4 screen why not? If he tries to b23 on reaction, then bait it and punish. If he back dashes, read it and mb charge. I am really intrigued as to why you are downplaying flash so much. Do you have any video footage vs rico? Maybe I can learn a thing or two from your games.

Zyphox

This is why I hate coming on tym anymore I swear. Nobody actually offers useful advice, just mockery. No I have not played anyone who has won a major offline but why can't you just dash in on him? Obv you can't try to dash in from full screen, but from 1/4 screen why not? If he tries to b23 on reaction, then bait it and punish. If he back dashes, read it and mb charge. I am really intrigued as to why you are downplaying flash so much. Do you have any video footage vs rico? Maybe I can learn a thing or two from your games.
lol you think that dashing in even from sweep distance won't get you full combo'd against rico? so far he is the best at defending my dash ups, everyone can just d1 into special a flash dash up, even when i am playing footsies. so he does d1 into black magic or orbs cancel into full combo to punish my dash up. there is a difference you are used to playing these online BA's. rico won't back down, he will play footsies, punish my dash, punish my jumps, and his b23 on whiff leaves him air born for a low damage punish which is so stupid. he checks you with lightning hands smartly, he plays this game the way its supposed to be played. i played him at NLBC two or three weeks ago, i got 2nd place, he got 1st, i am too lazy too find the archive for you but it should be up on team spooky after hours on youtube or something. he beat me 3-1 in grand finals. and forthe record i am the only surviving flash up player, i still he think he is top 5, but at the highest level its much harder to get the hit you need.

Zyphox

Fighting tournament players should not be used as a pedestal in anyway.
its not used as a pedestal, it is used to judge a MU and what to do in the MU, if i play randyjoe's Ba and beat him 100 - 0 with Lex is the MU 10 - 0 lex? no, so the best way to judge it is to play the MU at the highest level possible at the current time of the game. even if we are 4 and a half months in, playing the highest possible level will give you a better idea of how the MU is. will the meta game evolve? will we all get better? will the MU numbers change? will we ever find waldo? yes.