What's new

Video/Tutorial How to punish Flash's Lightning Charge & Sonic Pound

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I know many of you already know that stuff, but I just wanna make sure everyone from the kommunity knows how to punish those 2 specials, because I've seen too many free charge MB not being properly punished and that's enough !
D2 is godlike against both specials but you gotta respect Flash's b22 (+3 on block) sonic pound. This is practical online obviously.

I'm calling all ambassadors here to let people know and stop crying about it. It's 100% punishable ! And if I'm not mistaken, Batman can parry over the sonic pound for whatever reasons I know.

AK Harold
Xenrail
UsedForGlue
AK Pig Of The Hut
AYSAMO
Perfect Legend
Hellion_96
Zyphox (if batman can parry b22, sonic pound so it may change the Flash's matchup advantage)
Uber
Solid
GamerBlake90
Hiltzy85
A F0xy Grampa
EGP Wonder_Chef
1man3letters
xFriction_Burnx
Red Venom
PND_Mustard
PND_Ketchup
Eddy Wang
FCP/EMP SCAR

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What about big bodies like Bane, Lex, and Grundy? I believe even if we crouch the MC charge will still clip us on block. I know Bane can nullify it using the VDBC but what about the rest?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What about big bodies like Bane, Lex, and Grundy? I believe even if we crouch the MC charge will still clip us on block. I know Bane can nullify it using the VDBC but what about the rest?

Same shit : down 2. Zod and Sinestro have a high hitbox.

If you block the first hit of MB charge, does it jail standing?

Yeah but he can delayed the MB as well. I think there is no reason to stand block at a jump distance or further unless you fear the sonic pound. Unfortunetly if you are back dashing you'll eat 30%.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think there is no reason to stand block at a jump distance or further unless you fear the sonic pound. Unfortunetly if you are back dashing you'll eat 30%.
or actually wanna walk or play footsies.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yep, most of the time Flash gotta Charge on read because both normal and MB versions are punishable.
Point being, you can't escape when you're in jump distance because if you move flash can get you with it

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Point being, you can't escape when you're in jump distance because if you move flash can get you with it

If you decide to play defensive at a certain distance, you gotta respect the fact that in stand position Flash can LC you for a 30%, indeed, but in another hand you can punish it if you just got crouched before the hit. RMS is 6 frames. df2 11 frames from the closest distance (around 18f max range).

RMS stances give to slide (punishable on block), charge MB (on the video), and overhead which can be crouched or d2 comboed.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you decide to play defensive at a certain distance, you gotta respect the fact that in stand position Flash can LC you for a 30%, indeed, but in another hand you can punish it if you just got crouched before the hit. RMS is 6 frames. df2 11 frames from the closest distance (around 18f max range).

RMS stances give to slide (punishable on block, charge MB on the video, and overhead which can be crouched or d2 comboed.
Who cares if you can punish it, if your opponent wants to punish it they have to do exactly what you want, sit there and do nothing while you frametrap them into 50/50s

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
SaJa no tag for me? i see how it is :tonyt. also i only use MB LC when i opponent is moving , they can't duck on reaction, its not possible unless your read like a book or from max distance.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Same shit : down 2. Zod and Sinestro have a high hitbox.

Yeah but he can delayed the MB as well. I think there is no reason to stand block at a jump distance or further unless you fear the sonic pound. Unfortunetly if you are back dashing you'll eat 30%.
I'm pretty sure like Bane and Lex can't duck the 2nd hit no matter what and Doomsday can sometimes.

Zyphox

I know many of you already know that stuff, but I just wanna make sure everyone from the kommunity knows how to punish those 2 specials, because I've seen too many free charge MB not being properly punished and that's enough !
D2 is godlike against both specials but you gotta respect Flash's b22 (+3 on block) sonic pound and d1d2 (+1) sonic pound. This is practical online obviously.
he can parry doesn't mean he will however, he has to preemptively do the parry, and its a 3 frame window in between bb2 and close sonic pound, and 5 frame window for regular sonic pound. when you MB ad 7 frames to either one. so if i don't sonic pound he just opened himself up for 61%+.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Who cares if you can punish it, if your opponent wants to punish it they have to do exactly what you want, sit there and do nothing while you frametrap them into 50/50s

nail on the head there ^

still SaJa nice video to inform people learning the mu on how to punish the move correctly.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Punishing LC MB is really easy though. Be careful on that young Flash mains.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
he can parry doesn't mean he will however, he has to preemptively do the parry, and its a 3 frame window in between bb2 and close sonic pound, and 5 frame window for regular sonic pound. when you MB ad 7 frames to either one. so if i don't sonic pound he just opened himself up for 61%+.

61% isn't from an empty sonic pound* but 15f b22.

Batman can parry the sonic pound whenever he wants and this is very easy/viable to do. It also works as a wakeup against Flash SP resets (after using 3, 2). Batman players can use the parry on reaction against every sonic pounds string of The Flash. Obviously, if you guess wrong, you'll eat the sonic pound combo/vortex.

Zyphox

61% isn't from an empty sonic pound* but 15f b22.

Batman can parry the sonic pound whenever he wants and this is very easy/viable to do. It also works as a wakeup against Flash SP resets (after using 3, 2). Batman players can use the parry on reaction against every sonic pounds string of The Flash. Obviously, if you guess wrong, you'll eat the sonic pound combo/vortex.
as a batman player would you realy risk doing 12% or getting hit by huge damage? like said you have a tight window to do parry from b22 regular sonic pound non mb. you cNt even forward jump out of b22 close sonic pound. so you have to be decisive on your parry as a batman player and make a read on whether you think i will sonic pound. trust me if batman parries as a wake up hes dead.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
as a batman player would you realy risk doing 12% or getting hit by huge damage? like said you have a tight window to do parry from b22 regular sonic pound non mb. you cNt even forward jump out of b22 close sonic pound. so you have to be decisive on your parry as a batman player and make a read on whether you think i will sonic pound. trust me if batman parries as a wake up hes dead.

If he does use it he may stop 50/50 corner vortex, midscreen hard knockdown resets, and some no jail strings SP, he doesn't have to abuse it obviously but it is still a good option on read (the MB version doesn't change shit). The parry stop every overhead/mid hits and sonic pound (1f startup and very big active window to stop it, you can try it online also).

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Can't you just bait the parry by delaying any sonic pound? Either way, I feel that once you poke his bats out once with d1 or d2 he's got no pressure, then again I have not played a batman who abused b2 into slide with bats active.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Can't you just bait the parry by delaying any sonic pound? Either way, I feel that once you poke his bats out once with d1 or d2 he's got no pressure, then again I have not played a batman who abused b2 into slide with bats active.

The parry is 100% punishable on whiff or low hit so there are still options guys. I'm just saying this is a good way for Batman to stop corner resets on read, or some strings with a sonic pound ender that a Flash player would abuse with.

I'm quite sure he can actually parry a sonic pound on reaction since it's 1f startup.

REO