What's new

Strategy How to escape green Arrows "RESET"

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Look, I really don't want to argue or anything LOL Go to the training room and try it. Set the A.I to to a wakeup attack. Make sure its invincible. Off the top of my head killer frost slide or venom uppercut by bane. Watch how it missess
give me 10 mins testing now

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Look, I really don't want to argue or anything LOL Go to the training room and try it. Set the A.I to to a wakeup attack. Make sure its invincible. Off the top of my head killer frost slide or venom uppercut by bane. Watch how it missess

I've heard you can't rely on the AI training mode wake-up attacks. Apparently they can do it quicker than humanly possible.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
No because that is a true combo and not a reset. When the super hits it doesn't reset and scale the damage, it counts as a full combo. However, If he delays the super after the f2d13 string then a simple tech roll will avoid it or an invincible wakeup attack whatever you prefer.

Oh, excuse me. I meant in a blockstring. I once got caught by "f3, d1, 3, super" blockstring, and since super is unblockable... yeah.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
ok i just tested it and you are right the ai can get out of it but banes wake up is super unsafe it also seems like as juggs says the ai can do it faster then a human. also not everyone has invisible wakeups like frost and bane and out of there moves those are the only ones that work for each of those characters

Oh, excuse me. I meant in a blockstring. I once got caught by "f3, d1, 3, super" blockstring, and since super is unblockable... yeah.
I highly doubt that can be backdashed because of the blockstun. The only way I can think this could be countered is with your own super, but if you don't have the full meter, then I suppose it's pretty much guaranteed. I cant test it out since I have no once to fuzzy the string.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I highly doubt that can be backdashed because of the blockstun. The only way I can think this could be countered is with your own super, but if you don't have the full meter, then I suppose it's pretty much guaranteed. I cant test it out since I have no once to fuzzy the string.

Since it's just a string into super, can't you just set Record bot to keep using it and try to evade it yourself?

DarKNaTaS
Juggs
Yep i agree with both of you, the A.I can definitely input wakeups faster. A human can still do it with correct timing, it's difficult yeah, but not impossible. With that said, I'm not trying to downplay Green Arrow or anything, but I stand by my other posts in the other threads that he has some pretty bad flaws in his gameplan. It is a pita that some of his stuff can only be escaped by an invincible wakeup but other characters have similar shenanigans, Grundy comes to mind. Is Grundy broken because of that? Nope.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Wow I had tried backdashing out of 111~super a bunch and never got it. Good stuff.

(F2d13)~super can be escaped by pushblocking the first two hits or with the opponent's own super midscreen, but I think it's guaranteed in the corner. It can be used as a reset if you end a combo with something like b2~arrow into the blockstring.

Freeze arrow into super is the only reset I've found that is inescapable in any situation. You can load an arrow while the opponent is frozen and still get a guaranteed reset but the timing is actually really strict and not practical imo.

you guys forget he has more then 1 way to reset some one. d1 firearrow super also he has icearrow b3, j3, 223 super and thats a hard knock down that cant be rolled or have a wakeup attack done thats the combo chrisg should have done but not sure if he knows about that one yet. im gonna have to let him know about that.

wake up attacks with inv gets you out, right?

wake up attacks with inv gets you out, right?
Yes. To escape his resets you basically need invincible frames. His 111-super reset doesn't stun the opponent long enough so they have enough time to backdash and the backdashes invincible frames nullify the reset. In the other setups, you don't have enough time to backdash and or techroll so you need to have an invincible wakeup attack. You do the invincible wakeup attack and the invincible frames once again nullify the super. Like seapeople said that freeze arrow-load freeze arrow- super reset is the one that can't be escaped

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm making this video thread for all to see that Green Arrows reset can easily be escaped. I'm tired of seeing misinformed people claiming his 111-super reset is inescapable. I think its important that people watch this, especially now since Chris G won UFGT9 with Green Arrow. I can already forsee people claiming Green Arrow is OP or top tier. Not to dismiss Chris G, I have the utmost respect for the man and he is an amazing player, something I can only ever hope to achieve, but he got away with murder in alot of matches. People were clueless on how to escape his 111-super reset shennanigans. It's so easy to escape that I did this by myself with two controllers. If you read the description:

can u add a video of getting out of d2 reset?

can u add a video of getting out of d2 reset?
Will do. Give me a few minutes, I have to do it myself with two controllers LOL.
edit: Pig Of The Hut
The first vid demonstrates that the super will hit if you do nothing
The second vis demonstrates that if you techroll, you'll techroll right into the super:
The third vid demonstrates the universal way for everyone to escape, a techroll into backdash
NOTE: If your character has an invincible wakeup attack you can use that instead of techroling/backdash

Injustice will have better wake up attacks now? All we need now is too buff everyone's anti-airs and this game will be perfect :D
Judging by what Colt said I'd say the wakeup attacks won't be better per se, just more consistent now that the window will be changed. It would be nice if they hand us a list of every invincible wakeup attack and how many frames of invincibility they have. Some seem to be fully invincible and others have a certain amount of invincibility.

I feel the only trap worth using is off the ice arrow.
Thats the only one I use too since it's pretty much the only guaranteed one. I also like it because you can load a fire arrow while they're frozen, so when you go for the reset, you get an unclashable B3 and unclashable fire arrow for damage.

enemy is frozen

ice arrow reload and you let run out the frozen state 33xxsuper, make sure the opponent blocks the 33 string. on block the reset seems guaranteed. If the 33 hits, you waste 4 bars but you can use the ice arrow reload for setups or a guessing game. What do you think about it? I haven´t testet it but an unblockable damage reset from a blockstring was totally new to me.