What's new

Strategy How to escape green Arrows "RESET"

I'm making this video thread for all to see that Green Arrows reset can easily be escaped. I'm tired of seeing misinformed people claiming his 111-super reset is inescapable. I think its important that people watch this, especially now since Chris G won UFGT9 with Green Arrow. I can already forsee people claiming Green Arrow is OP or top tier. Not to dismiss Chris G, I have the utmost respect for the man and he is an amazing player, something I can only ever hope to achieve, but he got away with murder in alot of matches. People were clueless on how to escape his 111-super reset shennanigans. It's so easy to escape that I did this by myself with two controllers. If you read the description:

For those saying that green Arrows Reset cannot be escaped. I executed the reset on controller 1, while the animation loaded, I had enough time to grab controller 2 that was sitting on my lap, and do a backdash. There you have it, how to escape green arrows alleged guaranteed "reset".
UPDATE: Adding videos of characters with bad dashes avoiding it demonstrating that backdashing it is not character specific. the characters backdash is irrelevant because all backdashes have invincibility and is a universal mechanic

zaf

professor
Good stuff, thanks for making a video for it too.
At least this is something that people can be educated on.

I don't play the character, so im not entirely sure but is it possible to still hit the reset off other blockstrings?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Good stuff, thanks for making a video for it too.
At least this is something that people can be educated on.

I don't play the character, so im not entirely sure but is it possible to still hit the reset off other blockstrings?

I think he had a reset of a D2.

Not sure how to escape that one.

Yes he does have another reset off of a D2. An example : 113-ice arrow, dash, b3, ji3 D2 pause Super
This one can be escaped with an invincible wakeup attack. Green Arrow has to be on point with this one and hit the super at the right height. If you mistime the super it can be techrolled and backdashed although the timing to do this is extremely strict.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I believe backdashing it is character specific?

Sinestro has a great backdash.

Try with someone like Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, or Ares and see if you can get it to work.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
you guys forget he has more then 1 way to reset some one. d1 firearrow super also he has icearrow b3, j3, 223 super and thats a hard knock down that cant be rolled or have a wakeup attack done thats the combo chrisg should have done but not sure if he knows about that one yet. im gonna have to let him know about that.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
you guys forget he has more then 1 way to reset some one. d1 firearrow super also he has icearrow b3, j3, 223 super and thats a hard knock down that cant be rolled or have a wakeup attack done thats the combo chrisg should have done but not sure if he knows about that one yet. im gonna have to let him know about that.

im pretty sure you can back dash on wake up for those too, if you can do it for the ares reset you should be able to do it for this

yea he has more ways to reset. I was just exploring this one because thats the one people kept getting hit by at the ufgt tournament.
DarKNaTaS
both those resets you mentioned can be escaped with an invincible wakeup attack, however, they cannot be backdashed.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
im pretty sure you can back dash on wake up for those too, if you can do it for the ares reset you should be able to do it for this
i know you will be the first person to find away out of those. I think you should also pick up GA since you are a master of resets i need to learn some new tech :)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i know you will be the first person to find away out of those. I think you should also pick up GA since you are a master of resets i need to learn some new tech :)

dude are you still on xbl? im back on. send me your gt so i can fr you right now

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
yea he has more ways to reset. I was just exploring this one because thats the one people kept getting hit by at the ufgt tournament.
DarKNaTaS
both those resets you mentioned can be escaped with an invincible wakeup attack, however, they cannot be backdashed.
you cant do a wakeup attack if there hard knock down.

Can "f2, d1, 3, super" be backdashed just like that too?
No because that is a true combo and not a reset. When the super hits it doesn't reset and scale the damage, it counts as a full combo. However, If he delays the super after the f2d13 string then a simple tech roll will avoid it or an invincible wakeup attack whatever you prefer.

you cant do a wakeup attack if there hard knock down.
Look, I really don't want to argue or anything LOL Go to the training room and try it. Set the A.I to to a wakeup attack. Make sure its invincible. Off the top of my head killer frost slide or venom uppercut by bane. Watch how it missess