What's new

How to defeat SonicFox

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Actually honeybee sent him to losers and was pretty near to beat him at loser finals, I thinks it's was the hypest match of evo.
Anyway if someone can send me the link of vods when reo, tyrant, PL loses theirs matchs during the evo, I will be very happy

Give the guy a break and be happy for his achievements. Creating a thread and then bitching about him isn't going to change anything. The guy is very good and respect should be given where needed.

It's true that this community is never happy when someone who loses or wins. Competitive or not, the SALT is pure here with a vast majority.

If I was him reading this thread, it be worth more than the fame and fortune that has already been made.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i say, just stop imagining him as some sort of unbeatable force. If you keep thinking of him as the best then he's going to BE the best and you're going to lose the fight before it even starts.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
HOW BEAT TO SONIC FOX: Be really, really good.

Thats about it. It has nothing to do with his character choices. It turns out ANYONE can pick these same characters! I swear! No foolin'!

Anyone who thinks his success has to do with anything other than his natural talent is just being ridiculous. Last year he wins Injustice and MK9. This year he wins MKX, Skullgirls, and gets top 3 in Virtual Fighter. That is not a fucking coincidence.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Sonic Fox is never satisfied. He just keeps getting better and always plays his best game.

To beat him, you have to beat yourself - and that self must be better than the self that was Sonic Fox yesterday - and that he beat today.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
One does not simply "defeat" sonicfox lol and I am not saying he is unbeatable, but just learning his characters wont be enough IMO, the kid is just mad talented and skilled at what he does, there is no simple solution to besting him.

Schuyler

Noob
Pick a low tier character figure out some gimicks with it and beat him. Sonic is great at adjusting to new tech the first game with a character but I've notice if he gets beaten its either with an extremely good character or he didn't know something. My proof. Sonic vs KDZ at winter brawl. Kdz blew him up with that superman tech in the corner. Jupiter with marshan but marshan is really good. DGT or mit one of them was using johnny cage. I think it was at the common wealth were he got 3-0. He had no answer for johnny's pressure until after the set was over. Thats why i think MIT picked sonya just for that matchup but it didn't work out as good. Btw those are jut the times I remember sonic getting destroyed. He can defiantly be stopped.

Schuyler

Noob
Give the guy a break and be happy for his achievements. Creating a thread and then bitching about him isn't going to change anything. The guy is very good and respect should be given where needed.

It's true that this community is never happy when someone who loses or wins. Competitive or not, the SALT is pure here with a vast majority.

If I was him reading this thread, it be worth more than the fame and fortune that has already been made.
I think its more of a joke than anything else man.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
You need to adopt him and then punish him for being mean to his other MK friends for not sharing the controller!

skater11

The saltiest
No disrespect to sonicfox, he's an outstanding player and I look up to him for that. But it's funny when people say he can win with any character. If you notice he has won with the best variation or atleast the most viable one to date. Erron Black-Outlaw, Ermac-Master of Souls, Kitana-Royal Storm, Pre-patch Tanya-All variations(all good). May be forgetting some but there's that..I would like to see him pick up a completely new character(or one of his current ones) and variation to see what he is capable of while progressing the game's meta with some least used variations. Even then, arguments of "no one has experience against this variation" would come up but still..it'd be something nice to see.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you ever really pay attention, besides tourney nerves and nerves in general, there's a reason people get scared to do anything when they play him. Sure he's godlike and talented, but people don't just choke 24/7 because he's SonicFox and that just happens when you play him. He punishes you for just about everything he can punish you for. When you're not used to being punished all the time for any mistake you make, big or small, that makes you afraid to do anything because you don't want to get punished again. He doesn't let you make any mistakes, and when he's accomplished that, he's free to do whatever HE wants now because you're too scared to move.

That's just one aspect of his game though, but that aspect specifically was blatantly apparent at least to me at EVO. That's one part of his game ANYONE can be just as good at, imo. Just MU and game knowledge... and decent reactions too.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Sonic Fox is never satisfied. He just keeps getting better and always plays his best game.

To beat him, you have to beat yourself - and that self must be better than the self that was Sonic Fox yesterday - and that he beat today.
This quote is so deep...

Reactions: GAV