What's new

Question - Grandmaster How tired are you of not being able to combo females?

Creepy00

Noob
@Goat-City

Well, you could do a jip1 instead of doing njp after 242. So, something like this: b33~iceball, jip, 242, quick jip1 f12. I think it is 2-3% less but it is consistent.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
If you're talking about this guide http://testyourmight.com/threads/list-of-all-b2-punishes.54355/, I don't see an answer to my original question. If the ice clone is out, how am I, as a Takeda main, supposed to profit from blocking b2 in the corner? Maybe I'm missing something.
Okay, as Takeda you don't have a proper punish. But on block he's still at about -13, you now can either get out, or if you're in the same boat as almost everybody else you can even just poke through it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub isn't the only character that gets screwed by female hitboxes. Its kind of s thing in this game and everyone has to deal with it.

What about using combos that work on them!?
yeah yeah you're a mileena player butthurt ur character is low-tier. how about u stop hijacking this thread with ur whining.

To address OP, I really hate the fact that you have to do a different combo just to combo a female character, I have all this muscle memory of the regular shatter combos that work on the male characters.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Lol not as Mileena! Also his D3/D4(?) got very good range.
This is way easier on paper than in a real match. His options are way much and way better than most character's since all we can do is poke, guess between 50/50 or armor on a read.

B2 is punisheable but not when there's a clone in your face laughing at your punish attempts.
And EX roll does have armor but read what I wrote ^
It hits OH does it not? That means if low sai doesn't put you into the clone you can get a fiddy-fiddy since Subzy is at -13 after a blocked b2. Mileena doesn't have great options, but you do actually have them.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Okay, as Takeda you don't have a proper punish. But on block he's still at about -13, you now can either get out, or if you're in the same boat as almost everybody else you can even just poke through it.
I'll have to try it tomorrow, but are you saying that if I block b2 when a clone is out in the corner, I will be able to poke (d1 let's say) without getting frozen?

I'd rather learn a different character, thanks for the suggestion though.
Why even play the game? If it's for fun just pick the character you like. If it's to win play what will get you the win. If it's neither pickup a different game.

If you honestly don't like sub enough to be able to handle learning a new combo/combos or you don't want to win enough to put the time/energy into learning them you probably shouldn't be playing fighting games.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Well when the patch drops you will have a 6 frame d1 so you will be and to poke through clone just fine, and really? You are worried about d4? You would rather easy 4% than 30-40%? Always block high at that distance, yes you can punish b2 with the clone in your face, as already said. The clone hitbox sucks
Actually is not even about the speed on her pokes. They don't go through clone never ever.
Also of course I fear his D4 not because of the damage it does but because of the hit advantage it has. If you get hit by it you have to hold a 50/50 or grab. That takes away the armor/poke options.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It hits OH does it not? That means if low sai doesn't put you into the clone you can get a fiddy-fiddy since Subzy is at -13 after a blocked b2. Mileena doesn't have great options, but you do actually have them.
I don't think you're getting my point... His B2 is 100% safe against a looot of characters in the corner if there's a clone out because you will get frozen if you attemt to punish it.

Goat-City

Banned
Why even play the game? If it's for fun just pick the character you like. If it's to win play what will get you the win. If it's neither pickup a different game.

If you honestly don't like sub enough to be able to handle learning a new combo/combos or you don't want to win enough to put the time/energy into learning them you probably shouldn't be playing fighting games.
I play Quan and occassionally Sub Zero vs males, however I have no Quan in the beta yet so I've had to deal with the Sub vs female hitbox match up. I've had a lot of fun but I had to take a break because the female nonsense was too agitating. I already know the combos and it's annoying to lose so much out of them for no reason. It's a problem that shouldn't exist.

I play Quan and occassionally Sub Zero vs males, however I have no Quan in the beta yet so I've had to deal with the Sub vs female hitbox match up. I've had a lot of fun but I had take a break because the female nonsense was to agitating. I already know the combos and it's annoying to lose so much out of them for no reason. It's a problem that shouldn't exist.
Why shouldn't it exist?theres no rule that says a character needs to play the same in every matchup it's not a problem just because it annoys you. It's a result of characters having different properties (hitboxes, hurtboxes, Gravity, etc) most communities agree this adds depth. Not this one for some reason.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Actually is not even about the speed on her pokes. They don't go through clone never ever.
Also of course I fear his D4 not because of the damage it does but because of the hit advantage it has. If you get hit by it you have to hold a 50/50 or grab. That takes away the armor/poke options.
Alright that is fair. I did not know that. Well I knew about the advantage in hit but I guess I was so stressed out (having to deal with my little cousins) that I forgot about the other properties of d4, so yeah, fair enough Mileena has a hard time in the match up

Goat-City

Banned
Why shouldn't it exist?theres no rule that says a character needs to play the same in every matchup it's not a problem just because it annoys you. It's a result of characters having different properties (hitboxes, hurtboxes, Gravity, etc) most communities agree this adds depth. Not this one for some reason.
Because it makes no sense. It's a completely unnecessary, nonsensical problem. If there was a reason why it had to exist then I'd understand, but there isn't.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Alright that is fair. I did not know that. Well I knew about the advantage in hit but I guess I was so stressed out (having to deal with my little cousins) that I forgot about the other properties of d4, so yeah, fair enough Mileena has a hard time in the match up
For the record I think the MU is potentialy on his favor but she can hold her own it's more about Sub-Zero wrecking almost everyone in the corner.