What's new

Question - Grandmaster How tired are you of not being able to combo females?

Yak

Noob
Eh I haven't really tested it out yet or not fully, but I'm pretty sure there is a consistent way to hit them in the beta. the times I have tried it it's worked. I wouldn't drop him because of it, but 6/10

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Female characters are the reason why I go cryomancer or my other mains. Its so stupid that I don't have consist shatter combos on them unless I spend a bar. Even so, I lose damage. >.<

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I doubt any Sub-Zero player is more tired of not being able to combo females than anyone else is tired of losing your whole life bar in he corner against him because no options.
The only degenerate thing I really feel Subzy has is throw into Xerox, and even that's pretty par for the course. Block low, scout the B2, ????, Profit.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
The only degenerate thing I really feel Subzy has is throw into Xerox, and even that's pretty par for the course. Block low, scout the B2, ????, Profit.
How do we profit if we're in the corner and a clone is out when he does B2?

WATCHD0G

Noob
Ok i'm not sure how this technical stuff works...but can someone tell me why the female hitboxes are different. just doesn't seem fair to me

Goat-City

Banned
I can't even neutral jump punch them after 212 consistently in the corner. Just played dragon, saltface and espio back to back in the beta, all of them using bitches, and just could not take how annoying it was.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I can't even neutral jump punch them after 212 consistently in the corner. Just played dragon, saltface and espio back to back in the beta, all of them using bitches, and just could not take how annoying it was.
What about using combos that work on them!?

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
How do we profit if we're in the corner and a clone is out when he does B2?
Have you seen b2 on block? Lord Thomas Bradley even posted a nice little list of punishes, so I'm just going to default and say go take a peak at that.

Lol what I'm I supposed to do when he is throwing armor breaking safe 50/50's, pressure and unblokable combo starters at me if I'm not someone like Kotal Kahn or D'vorah?
Throw into clone is degenerate, but doesn't EX roll have armor and low profile properties? And as for the 50/50? Scout the b2, then make out like a bandit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Lol what I'm I supposed to do when he is throwing armor breaking safe 50/50's, pressure and unblokable combo starters at me if I'm not someone like Kotal Kahn or D'vorah?
Only B2 after some F12 knockdowns and a well spaced Klone will break, the low won't, im curious about what "unblockable combo starters" he has.

Goat-City

Banned
What about using combos that work on them!?
I was. If I wasn't the NJPs wouldn't have ever connected. I stopped using Sub mainly for months because of the netcode and females so excuse me for not knowing ahead of time that I couldn't even NJP them consistently.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
You can actually poke through the clone. The hit box on the clone sucks lol, not to mention it isn't really a 50/50 if you measure out the distance, if they are close enough for it to actually be a 50/50 you can poke. And if they stay behind the clone their only option is the overhead. Seriously dude learn the match up before you say there are no options

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Have you seen b2 on block? Lord Thomas Bradley even posted a nice little list of punishes, so I'm just going to default and say go take a peak at that.
If you're talking about this guide http://testyourmight.com/threads/list-of-all-b2-punishes.54355/, I don't see an answer to my original question. If the ice clone is out, how am I, as a Takeda main, supposed to profit from blocking b2 in the corner? Maybe I'm missing something.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You can actually poke through the clone. The hit box on the clone sucks lol, not to mention it isn't really a 50/50 if you measure out the distance, if they are close enough for it to actually be a 50/50 you can poke. And if they stay behind the clone their only option is the overhead. Seriously dude learn the match up before you say there are no options
Lol not as Mileena! Also his D3/D4(?) got very good range.
This is way easier on paper than in a real match. His options are way much and way better than most character's since all we can do is poke, guess between 50/50 or armor on a read.

Throw into clone is degenerate, but doesn't EX roll have armor and low profile properties? And as for the 50/50? Scout the b2, then make out like a bandit.
B2 is punisheable but not when there's a clone in your face laughing at your punish attempts.
And EX roll does have armor but read what I wrote ^

Yoaks

A spaceman
Mileena can't poke through the clone. Unless she punishs a blocked b2 with b12 or she makes a read and does ex roll. Other then that she has to block.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lol not as Mileena! Also his D3/D4(?) got very good range.
This is way easier on paper than in a real match. His options are way much and way better than most character's since all we can do is poke, guess between 50/50 or armor on a read.

B2 is punisheable but not when there's a clone in your face laughing at your punish attempts.
And EX roll does have armor but read what I wrote ^
Well when the patch drops you will have a 6 frame d1 so you will be and to poke through clone just fine, and really? You are worried about d4? You would rather easy 4% than 30-40%? Always block high at that distance, yes you can punish b2 with the clone in your face, as already said. The clone hitbox sucks