What's new

How the next DBZ game should be made...

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I've always been a huge Dragon Ball Z fan, as I'm sure many other people on this site are. I've played almost all the DBZ games ever released, and I had fun with most of them. Xenoverse wasn't perfect, but it was a good start. They could take all the good things from Xenoverse to try and make their next DBZ game the greatest.

In my opinion, this is how they can make their next title amazing:

Remember on DBZ Budokai 3 story mode how you could fly around the world? The red dots on the map show places you could land, and there were random spots where you could land and find treasure. They should make their next Dragon Ball Z game like that online. While you're playing online you can fly around the world, and while you're flying around you would see 100's of other players flying past you who are also playing online.

Every red dot that you land on the map would be a decent sized city that you can walk around in, where you would also see other online players walking around too. You should be able to walk up to any player and talk to them, which would allow you to challenge them to a battle, trade items, buy/sell items, ask them to team up with you on an adventure, etc. The World Tournament stage on the map would be where ranked matches and casual fights take place, you know people would be there constantly all day every day so you could always just randomly find somebody to spar with.

You would only have a limited size bag to carry items in while out on an adventure, so every player should have a house where they keep all the rest of their items at. It would be cool if randomly bandits/thieves show up to your house while you're there and you have to fight them off. Random online players could also invade your house while you're there and if they beat you they get to take some of your stuff, but if they lose there would be some type of huge penalty. While you're flying around the world online you should be able to encounter random battles like Cell, Freiza, Broly, etc. and team up with friends to beat them, or if you're strong enough on your own beat them. All the players online would just be created fighters, with different classes to choose from like Saiyan, Android, Tuffle, etc.

Turning Super Saiyan wouldn't be an item you can find like most DBZ games, it would come from being a Saiyan with enough EXP points and it wouldn't be easy. Like it would be an insane amount of EXP points to get to the next level, I'm talking like 100 people or less in the world would have reached Super Saiyan 4, 1000 people or less in the world would have reached Super Saiyan 3, 10,000 people or less would have reached Super Saiyan 2 (while there are millions of people in the world playing the game.) All the different cities that you can fly to would all have different items to buy, and there would be over 1000's of different items in the game so there will ALWAYS be a use for Zeni no matter how much money you make or how long you've played the game.

If you buy/sell items with other players online, you guys can name your own price for any item and the buyer can try to convince you to lower the price. You would be able to do Zeni matches, like 1v1 any other online player you meet with money bet on the line. You could also do 2v2 3v3 4v4 etc. You could share the same house with other online players so if anyone invades your home, you have teammates to help you fight them off. If somebody beats you in a fight they can choose to spare you and let you live, or kill you and send you to Other World.

If you were a good person and spared alot of people, then when you die you'll meet King Kai and train with him for a while before he sends you back to Earth. If you were bad and killed alot of people then when you die, you will go HFIL and have to go through some annoying fights before you make it back to Earth.

Idk I'm just rambling now saying whatever comes off the top of my head. Any DBZ fans on TYM tell me what you think, or if you had any idea to add

Last edited by a moderator:

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
I've always been a huge Dragon Ball Z fan, as I'm sure many other people on this site are. I've played almost all the DBZ games ever released, and I had fun with most of them. Xenoverse wasn't perfect, but it was a good start. They could take all the good things from Xenoverse to try and make their next DBZ game the greatest.

In my opinion, this is how they can make their next title amazing:

Remember on DBZ Budokai 3 story mode how you could fly around the world? The red dots on the map show places you could land, and there were random spots where you could land and find treasure. They should make their next Dragon Ball Z game like that online. While you're playing online you can fly around the world, and while you're flying around you would see 100's of other players flying past you who are also playing online. Every red dot that you land on the map would be a decent sized city that you can walk around in, where you would also see other online players walking around too. You should be able to walk up to any player and talk to them, which would allow you to challenge them to a battle, trade items, buy/sell items, ask them to team up with you on an adventure, etc. The World Tournament stage on the map would be where ranked matches and casual fights take place, you know people would be there constantly all day every day so you could always just randomly find somebody to spar with. You would only have a limited size bag to carry items in while out on an adventure, so every player should have a house where they keep all the rest of their items at. It would be cool if randomly bandits/thieves show up to your house while you're there and you have to fight them off. Random online players could also invade your house while you're there and if they beat you they get to take some of your stuff, but if they lose there would be some type of huge penalty. While you're flying around the world online you should be able to encounter random battles like Cell, Freiza, Broly, etc. and team up with friends to beat them, or if you're strong enough on your own beat them. All the players online would just be created fighters, with different classes to choose from like Saiyan, Android, Tuffle, etc. Turning Super Saiyan wouldn't be an item you can find like most DBZ games, it would come from being a Saiyan with enough EXP points and it wouldn't be easy. Like it would be an insane amount of EXP points to get to the next level, I'm talking like 100 people or less in the world would have reached Super Saiyan 4, 1000 people or less in the world would have reached Super Saiyan 3, 10,000 people or less would have reached Super Saiyan 2 (while there are millions of people in the world playing the game.) All the different cities that you can fly to would all have different items to buy, and there would be over 1000's of different items in the game so there will ALWAYS be a use for Zeni no matter how much money you make or how long you've played the game. If you buy/sell items with other players online, you guys can name your own price for any item and the buyer can try to convince you to lower the price. You would be able to do Zeni matches, like 1v1 any other online player you meet with money bet on the line. You could also do 2v2 3v3 4v4 etc. You could share the same house with other online players so if anyone invades your home, you have teammates to help you fight them off. If somebody beats you in a fight they can choose to spare you and let you live, or kill you and send you to Other World. If you were a good person and spared alot of people, then when you die you'll meet King Kai and train with him for a while before he sends you back to Earth. If you were bad and killed alot of people then when you die, you will go HFIL and have to go through some annoying fights before you make it back to Earth.

Idk I'm just rambling now saying whatever comes off the top of my head. Any DBZ fans on TYM tell me what you think, or if you had any idea to add
The best one was Buda kai 2

Budokai 3 + ZOE 2nd runner. Nothing less, nothing more. Replace the mechs with DBZ characters. I have been waiting for this for ages. And still waiting. I think in that scene you had to defeat 500 enemies !

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Or a No Man's Sky: DBZ Edition where everyone has their own planet and you can have your people go to war with theirs and you can blow up their planet if you're winning the war so then they have to go rogue.

E

Eldriken

Alright, I spaced it apart good enough so folks could read it easier. @juicepouch

Anywho, give us Budokai 4 already. Enough of this stupid Tenkaichi shit or anything like it. BUDOKAI IS THE ONLY WAY.

Take the mechanics of Budokai 3 (in pretty much every regard), expand on them and make it even better.

ForeverKing

Alright, I spaced it apart good enough so folks could read it easier. @juicepouch

Anywho, give us Budokai 4 already. Enough of this stupid Tenkaichi shit or anything like it. BUDOKAI IS THE ONLY WAY.

Take the mechanics of Budokai 3 (in pretty much every regard), expand on them and make it even better.
Of course for a fighting game, Budokai 3 was godlike and the next DBZ game should make their fighting system similar. But most of the stuff in the OP I'm talking all the things to do outside of the actual fights

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I love it. To me xenoverse was a good game but it didn't keep my attention past 2 weeks and I play the shit out of DBZ games. Everything felt like such a grind and the fighting system had little to no depth what so ever so I hope they can work on both of those.

I'd like a B4 to be honest. A competitive one at that. I recently brought a PSP and SBAR to kill my DBZ itch but playing the CPU is tiresome.

My all time favourite game has to be DBZ Legendary Super Warriors on GBC. I still have it and play it regularly after 12 years.

I realise I went of topic but you brought the DBZ fan out in me @YOMI FOREVER KING so its your own damn fault.

E

Eldriken

Of course for a fighting game, Budokai 3 was godlike and the next DBZ game should make their fighting system similar. But most of the stuff in the OP I'm talking all the things to do outside of the actual fights
That's why I said "Take the mechanics of Budokai 3 (in pretty much every regard". The overworld and how it functions should be similar, but expanded on and made better.

Budokai 3 did everything right as a whole game and I want to see another Budokai game built on it and made better.

Goat-City

Banned
Anyone play burst limit? I haven't but I remember reading the gameplay wasn't as good as budokai's even though it was very similar.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I actually like a lot of these ideas. I might actually pick up another DBZ game if they had some of these features.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
i mean i would just make a game taking it back to The Budokai golden age....maybe mix in a little "super dragon ball z" inputs/combo system...

No sideways camera BS...just one flat plane type of deal..then id come back to the series..maybe

Poshib

The Artman
Have Arc System Works team up with Namco Bandai and make a Guilty Gear style DBZ fighting game with graphics like Xrd and include a 30+ characters. I just want a legit DBZ fighting game with a in depth fighting system that isn't anything like Tenkaichi.

ForeverKing

I love it. To me xenoverse was a good game but it didn't keep my attention past 2 weeks and I play the shit out of DBZ games. Everything felt like such a grind and the fighting system had little to no depth what so ever so I hope they can work on both of those.

I'd like a B4 to be honest. A competitive one at that. I recently brought a PSP and SBAR to kill my DBZ itch but playing the CPU is tiresome.

My all time favourite game has to be DBZ Legendary Super Warriors on GBC. I still have it and play it regularly after 12 years.

I realise I went of topic but you brought the DBZ fan out in me @YOMI FOREVER KING so its your own damn fault.
I actually never played DBZ Legendary Super Warriors. Gonna have to play that one day

Anyone play burst limit? I haven't but I remember reading the gameplay wasn't as good as budokai's even though it was very similar.
Burst limit sucked the story stopped after cell saga, anyway budokai 3 and budokai tenkaichi 3 are my favs the latter mostly because of the huge roster I wish they would bring that back. I haven't really enjoyed a dbz game since raging blast 2 which imo BT3 was better. I think king's idea could be cool but it sounds more like an mmorpg tho, I want that true fighting game style back.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Have Arc System Works team up with Namco Bandai and make a Guilty Gear style DBZ fighting game with graphics like Xrd and include a 30+ characters. I just want a legit DBZ fighting game with a in depth fighting system that isn't anything like Tenkaichi.
thats the problem though....creating an in depth fighting system while still feeling like DBZ instead of some other game that just happens to have db characters in it.

thats my problem with the pre-tenkaichi budokai games is that they didnt feel much like dragonball. trying capture the feel of DBZ or DBS battles while having an in depth fighting system that won't be considered a joke is a hard thing to do...but its what needs to happen for a DB game to be truly great.

E

Eldriken

Guys, guys...speaking of DBZ games.

Have any of you ever played the DBZ RPG on the SNES that was only released in Japan? Man, that game is hard as fuck. But what's cool is, instead of leveling up like you normally do in RPGs, your power level goes up and it functions like it does in the anime; their PL > your PL = you're gonna lose.

I played it a long, long time ago back when ROMs and emulators were the craze. I only got anywhere in it because some folks made walkthroughs for it and had basic translation patches and such. It's definitely worth checking out if you're interested.