What's new

Question - Takeda How Much would it Hurt Takeda

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Well vs Goro, if Goro has takeda cornered there is a literal NOTHING takeda can do to get out. That goes for poking, jumping, armoring, grabbing, backdashing. I need a interactable behind me to get out.

Takeda doesn't want to be "in" in that match up lol
It is not fun for Goro either, but updated OP with perfect example of what I am talking about.

FutileDede

True Empress
No air spin does not need more recovery time might need less. It takes too long to start up that unless your throwing a projectile or in the middle of a combo you should be able to react to it. Probably why you whiff it a lot. Not sure what reptile move will punish it but when I play lao's , sonya, tanya and kung jin the simple solution is a jump back air dive for a full whiff punish. Always works.

If you have an armoured launcher you can trade with it my buddy with tremor does that.

On block just d1 as takeda players always push buttons after it. I would compare it to reptile claw move where there normal is done followed by the armoured launcher.

And a universal option is njp, but requires timing. The move is flawed but I think you fall victim where a lot of people do. You whiff thinking it is punishable and go in for a punish only to be hit with an njp. Which is okay we have all been there :).

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
NO good takeda players will continuously do the air spin in the neutral. -6 and takeda has really slow normals other than his f1 that iirc is a 9 frame mid. Its your turn when he whiffs, he can backdash but he gets nothing from that and he can armor and u can jump,backdash or attempt your own armor. And his hard to blockable can be jumped or armored.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
NO good takeda players will continuously do the air spin in the neutral. -6 and takeda has really slow normals other than his f1 that iirc is a 9 frame mid. Its your turn when he whiffs, he can backdash but he gets nothing from that and he can armor and u can jump,backdash or attempt your own armor. And his hard to blockable can be jumped or armored.
Never said they would do it continuously in neutral, The point I am trying to make is that on whiff the move (IMO) should have more recovery frames. Especially when you have an NJP that reaches far and low to the ground like that.

Me armoring it or back-dashing it would do nothing as he is landing a good distance in front or behind me.

FutileDede

True Empress
A Perfect example of what I am talking about. Skip to 1:20:40
Yeah That was a bait.

I really don't see this is an issue as a lot of characters are similar kung jins shaolin kick and sonya's dive kick are both good on whiff. In fact an alarm should be raised on sonya as I have been a victim of back to back dive kick. And unlike takeda it isn't a slow start up and leads to a full combo.

Wigy

There it is...
Never said they would do it continuously in neutral, The point I am trying to make is that on whiff the move (IMO) should have more recovery frames. Especially when you have an NJP that reaches far and low to the ground like that.

Me armoring it or back-dashing it would do nothing as he is landing a good distance in front or behind me.
So you're annoyed he used a slow as shit interceptable move to get near you at -frames when he already has slow normals?

FutileDede

True Empress
=
So you're annoyed he used a slow as shit interceptable move to get near you at -frames when he already has slow normals?
Yeah I think that's what he is saying. He already knows it is react-able and slow but wants it super negative. Last i checked I thought slow moves are meant to be plus. What is the point of starting up slow and not recovering fast.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Bf4 is pretty dumb.
Idk about air teleport, though. The good whiff recovery is sorta the point of the move.
Not the air teleport. I get that move.

So you're annoyed he used a slow as shit intercept-able move to get near you at -frames when he already has slow normals?
When a character has the longest ranged normals in the game, a NJP as a counter poke option from a good distance away, also coming from a reptile player who has the exact same move but mine is death on whiff. Yes, it is frustrating when reptile doesn't have a teleport or any real safe move to get in on block and whiff. Not to mention Reptile isn't able to do his move in the air.

I hate comparing moves between 2 different characters because they are different. Never did I say it should be death on whiff, I simply stated should more recovery frames be added.

But I am not hear to argue, I made this thread to hear from Takeda players why he needs it to be safe on whiff.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main

If hes a good distance behind or in front then whats the problem? What can he follow up with? F1 2+4 you can backdash even though hes at a far distance to avoid the 2+4 whip and if he tries b12 thats a 16 frame move iirc. He's to slow to abuse that on whiff and his njp would have to be done on a read to beat u. Sonya and lao have the same issue with their dive kicks.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
You cant ask takeda players why he needs it to be safe on whiff. Thats something you have to ask NRS. The players dont make the character. As long as hes not plus and gets nothing guaranteed, the move is fine imo. Its not even a safe option which is why u never see the SOLID takeda players do that. Minus frames into njp or weak armor, he gets nothing big from it.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
If hes a good distance behind or in front then whats the problem? What can he follow up with? F1 2+4 you can backdash even though hes at a far distance to avoid the 2+4 whip and if he tries b12 thats a 16 frame move iirc. He's to slow to abuse that on whiff and his njp would have to be done on a read to beat u. Sonya and lao have the same issue with their dive kicks.
You guys keep comparing Takedas Air Spin to Kung Lao and Sonya, THEY ARE NOT SAFE ON BLOCK, That is my point. I am fine with it being safe on block (Takedas Air Spin)

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
You guys keep comparing Takedas Air Spin to Kung Lao and Sonya, THEY ARE NOT SAFE ON BLOCK, That is my point. I am fine with it being safe on block (Takedas Air Spin)
Its -6 on block is it not. Im still trying to see what the issue is. I just told u what u could do long range when he whiffs it. Now in your face? If hes -6 and you get hit with a njp i dont know what to tell u. His fastest string is 9f and his armor is a massive risk and is not good at all. There are options, easy ones at that.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I have been playing alot of the beta lately, and have been running across TONS of Takedas. Mostly Ronin and Shirai Ryu. I went from not knowing the match-up to feeling comfortable in it with Reptile at least. I have learned all of the holes on when I can armor and when I can not.

My Number 1 complaint about this character is when he whiffs and the lack of recovery frames on certain moves.

So my question is if they added more recovery frames to some of his specials like the Air Spin for example, would it "kill" the character?

It is safe on block, I have no problem with that but why is it also safe on whiff also? A character with the longest ranged normals in the game that are also safe due to canceling into close Kunai, has a meterless option to get in for free? (While reptile has the same move and it is certain death on whiff, but safe on block)

Moves that I think need more recovery frames:

Shirai Ryu Teleport
Universal Air Spin

Please discuss. (Not Crying for nerfs, just trying to have a legit conversation about this topic)

A Perfect example of what I am talking about. Skip to 1:20:40

Bonus Ronin Combo to lighten the mood.
This how the game works,it is not only about Takeda.Sub zero and Rep are doing the same thing when they have no stamina to get close to you,the one with the slide and the other with the elbow dash.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Its -6 on block is it not. Im still trying to see what the issue is. I just told u what u could do long range when he whiffs it. Now in your face? If hes -6 and you get hit with a njp i dont know what to tell u. His fastest string is 9f and his armor is a massive risk and is not good at all. There are options, easy ones at that.
I will make it simpler to understand.
  • Completely Safe on Block
  • Completely Safe on Whiff
  • Able to change air Directory while being airborne.
I am not worried about follow-ups after the move, just simply stating the move is a get in free card no matter what.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Don't get me started on this character. Everyone's talking about Mileena when they should be talking about this character. Classic example of NRS overbuffing a character.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
you said reptile has a similar move to get in thats death on whiff but safe on block....not sure which move your talking about then.
DB+4

This how the game works,it is not only about Takeda.Sub zero and Rep are doing the same thing when they have no stamina to get close to you,the one with the slide and the other with the elbow dash.
Again like I have stated before, those moves are negative on block.

Wigy

There it is...
Not the air teleport. I get that move.

When a character has the longest ranged normals in the game, a NJP as a counter poke option from a good distance away, also coming from a reptile player who has the exact same move but mine is death on whiff. Yes, it is frustrating when reptile doesn't have a teleport or any real safe move to get in on block and whiff. Not to mention Reptile isn't able to do his move in the air.

I hate comparing moves between 2 different characters because they are different. Never did I say it should be death on whiff, I simply stated should more recovery frames be added.

But I am not hear to argue, I made this thread to hear from Takeda players why he needs it to be safe on whiff.
His njp is also punishable on block and his long reaching normals are stupidly whiff punishable. It all balances out man.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
His njp is also punishable on block and his long reaching normals are stupidly whiff punishable. It all balances out man.
As those moves should be, they both cover tons of ground so if you whiff then they should be punishable. That is the point I am making. I know all moves shouldn't be either safe on block or safe on whiff, but IMO that air spin move should have around 10 frames added to recovery on whiff only.

Wigy

There it is...
I will make it simpler to understand.
  • Completely Safe on Block
  • Completely Safe on Whiff
  • Able to change air Directory while being airborne.
I am not worried about follow-ups after the move, just simply stating the move is a get in free card no matter what.
Get in free? Its super interruptable.

Well placed reptile acid ball and hes eating like 30% for the chance to hit you with a ball.

Hes taking a risk to even get the move out. Acid spit will stuff that on startup.

Also you cant compare two characters with a similar move, reptile and takeda couldnt be any more different.