What's new

Question How is that iad training going so far?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Among all Skarlet players who have devoted to train their iads, i'm asking

So far how consistent you can pull a few iads in a row?

my number now is 3 to 4 iads consistently in a row, both sides. Curious about you guys

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I'm ass at it. . . Its actually draining to fail over and over, so I need to level it up!

Mosp

Noob
I realized in a lot of matchups it's actually better to use the ground daggers and machine gun them. Maybe that's just my preference but iad's still are important to learn.

Mosp

Noob
Cyrax
Baraka
Ermac(I think, you gotta be able to block those pushes fast)
Rain
Mileena
Jade
Sektor
CSZ
Sonya
Jax
Cage
Kung Lao
Kano(I think)
Sheeva
The only ones I agree with are Cyrax, Mileena, Jade (I guess), and KL. I don't see how they would be more beneficial in any of those other matchups.

AssassiN

Noob
With Baraka, you can do IAD to counter his zoning. Skarlet can block in time while with grounded it will hit you.
Rain was a mistake, my bad.
Mileena for her stupid tele kick and rolls
Sektor to bait out his teleport
CSZ to keep him out of the air for his dive kicks
Sonya dive kicks as well
Jax to avoid the GP all together
Cage to avoid jumping your daggers, but you would combine both here actually
Sheeva because of her big hitbox(gotta take the % you can get), ground pounds and quickly jumping her projectiles

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The only ones I agree with are Cyrax, Mileena, Jade (I guess), and KL. I don't see how they would be more beneficial in any of those other matchups.
on the others mu she deals with trades better than the 10 frames cooldown ground daggers has, and i hate the dash cancel of it, if do not d3 cancel on trades you are always taking the hit

ryublaze

Noob
iaD and ground daggers have their pros and cons. iaD does more damage, has faster recovery, and builds meter slightly faster but it's harder to do. Ground daggers you have the 2nd dagger which can be delayed or thrown right after the 1st one making it hard for some characters to get in. I'm a big fan of ground daggers but I think both are equally as important. I think ground daggers are good against Reptile, Kitana, Kenshi, Sonya, Cage, Kano, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi.

Mosp

Noob
on the others mu she deals with trades better than the 10 frames cooldown ground daggers has, and i hate the dash cancel of it, if do not d3 cancel on trades you are always taking the hit
But you can cancel the dash with an anti-air if they try to jump in. Ground daggers bait people to jump in once they are close enough setting up this situation perfectly.

Mosp

Noob
iaD and ground daggers have their pros and cons. iaD does more damage, has faster recovery, and builds meter slightly faster but it's harder to do. Ground daggers you have the 2nd dagger which can be delayed or thrown right after the 1st one making it hard for some characters to get in. I'm a big fan of ground daggers but I think both are equally as important. I think ground daggers are good against Reptile, Kitana, Kenshi, Sonya, Cage, Kano, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi.
I would add more characters to that list because most characters can't get their projectile out in time (if they have one of course) between dagger cancels forcing them to come to you.

ryublaze

Noob
I would add more characters to that list because most characters can't get their projectile out in time (if they have one of course) between dagger cancels forcing them to come to you.
Yeah I was on the fence about adding some other characters. Those are the ones that I know for sure ground daggers are good against. What other characters would you add?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
But you can cancel the dash with an anti-air if they try to jump in. Ground daggers bait people to jump in once they are close enough setting up this situation perfectly.
dash with a AA after a dc its not a good idea