What's new

Question How is that iad training going so far?

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
After reading this I realized exactly how deadly skarlet would be if one were to master this and all her combos and/or frametraps. . . So I decided to get cracking on it. iad is stuuuuupid hard! Any tips? Do you practice jumping back? up? forward? fuck its hard

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
ive just given up on instant air daggers they never happen for me wen i need them to :(
Don't give up! I thought I'd never get it but they are getting there. Really really hard online still, but online is... online. It can be done.

Johnny2d

I'm currently practicing bursts of 3. I can pretty consistently do 1, 2, 3 instant air daggers, at max speed. I practice doing dash in to d3, then pop up with 1, 2, 3, instant air daggers. That, and a couple other practice games I play just to keep it interesting. I do 1 iad, then pause, then 2 of them, then pause, then 1, 2, 3 of them, then I go for 4 for of them etc. I'm consistent with bursts of 3, for some reason at 4 I start missing them. I also practice staying in their face and doing d3, then iad, then dash in and d3 iad, again and again. I'll repeat with d4 then iad. I also emtpy red dash then iad. And, I like practicing using iad after all her 0 on block stuff, 1, 114, 2, and u3. Basically I'm mixing up practice games to play to keep it interesting, and to get used to the speed at which I can recover from something else and get right into iad stuff.

I've finally gotten over the hump of missing more than I get, now I'm having a blast leveling up my daggers. I'm addicted to dagger practice.

Johnny2d

So my wife says to me, 'What are you going to do tonight?' I say 'Crush daggers'. She says 'oh yeah? How long are you gonna do that for?' I say 'As long as it takes.' -The End

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

AssassiN

Noob
I've gotten them down to a consistent level, all I can say is keep practicing.
No special tricks: U, DF1.
Just gotta learn the timing and they proof to be awesome while fighting.

Getting pretty proud of my Skarlet, I've finally reached the moment that I'm more comfortable playing with her instead of Liu Kang.

Johnny2d

I don't know if I showed these in forums, if I have, it was a while ago. But here is the dagger cancel logo I made just for fun. I want a dagger cancel tee to wear while I level up my daggers!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think i'll be pretty ready for EVO in the next 3 months from here, already set my goals for what to do before it, sharpen everything i can

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So is that skarlet tech from Ghana real good? When are you gonna post it
as soon as i record it, there is a tournament this saturday, i'm getting myself ready for it.

there is a couple of some good stuff that is worth mentioning, i'm will explain as soon as i can, just finishing some stuff first

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
how hard can a simple u df1 input be? im not saying this to belittle anyway, legit wondering

Mosp

Noob
how hard can a simple u df1 input be? im not saying this to belittle anyway, legit wondering
How hard can Kabal's 2 NDC be? It's just 2 bf 4. See? You can make anything sound simple that way.

To answer your question though it's hard because there is a very small window to input the df1 to where it will actually hit their head and the fact you're doing it over and over again gives you more opportunities to mess it up. Just try it for yourself.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How hard can Kabal's 2 NDC be? It's just 2 bf 4. See? You can make anything sound simple that way.

To answer your question though it's hard because there is a very small window to input the df1 to where it will actually hit their head and the fact you're doing it over and over again gives you more opportunities to mess it up. Just try it for yourself.
cant try it atm but i get the idea, is it a just frame?

you cant compare to kabals ndc 2 because you only do this once i believe, correct me if im wrong

Mosp

Noob
cant try it atm but i get the idea, is it a just frame?

you cant compare to kabals ndc 2 because you only do this once i believe, correct me if im wrong
Ya but you can do kabal's more than once if you want.

And it's not a just frame but the window for making the dagger hit their head is a lot smaller than other character's fireballs. I think the dagger's hitbox is a lot smaller too.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ya but you can do kabal's more than once if you want.

And it's not a just frame but the window for making the dagger hit their head is a lot smaller than other character's fireballs. I think the dagger's hitbox is a lot smaller too.
the reason you fuck up 2 ndc is because you do it many times

ill try it out tomorrow, what should i look for for the perfect iad?

Mosp

Noob

The perfect iad will hit the character's neck. If you can do that multiple times on each side then you probably have godlike execution lol.

AssassiN

Noob

The dagger is so freaking small that it has to be done at the lowest point possible.
Leading to grounded daggers or njp.

Do them 5 times in a row on Sub-Zero while standing on each side.
Then come back and post on how easy it is.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Its like a 2-3 frame window after you jump...Its really hard. and if you mess it up you can get punished. Makes her life really hard.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Now i got to the point where, is either, whiff 2 iaDs in a row or.
1 hits, 1 whiffs, 1 hits, 1 whiffs

and hardly sometimes i just got the sweet spot and i can fire 7 daggers in a row

damn this is really really hard, but i need to keep firing them at least for 30 mins every mourning before getting out.