What's new

Question How is that iad training going so far?

Mosp

Noob
Yeah I was on the fence about adding some other characters. Those are the ones that I know for sure ground daggers are good against. What other characters would you add?
Jax and Kabal for sure. There might be some others but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
your fastest AA wil not come out after 16 frames in the minimum, the 10 frames cooldown makes it too risky trying to react against jump ins on reaction, the dash cancel makes it look bad. iad doesn't has recovery frames and is +5 on block

Mosp

Noob
your fastest AA wil not come out after 16 frames in the minimum, the 10 frames cooldown makes it too risky trying to react against jump ins on reaction, the dash cancel makes it look bad. iad doesn't has recovery frames and is +5 on block
That's why you do it off a read and not entirely on reaction. It is obvious a lot of the time if they are going to jump-in based on their distance and if they've done it before. There's not much risk in whiffing a standing 2 anyways.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Guys I found out my tv has significant lag on it when I started playing in offline tournaments. The first tourney I got bodied by not understandingcthe timing. The second one I played in today, I got it, and have to say iads are going to be very consistent for me soon. I landed six in a row in a match, and used them pretty consistently in other spots. Missed a few but got more than I missed. I got second in the tournament all with skarlet btw, a huge victory for me.

Also I didnt think they would be possible online but im starting to get them, laggy tv with laggy internet and still landing an iad here and there. Playing on asus makes a giant difference though.

Im super excited about my 2nd place today. I played 100% skarlet and babied a few folks including the TO, who was so salty after lol.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Guys I found out my tv has significant lag on it when I started playing in offline tournaments. The first tourney I got bodied by not understandingcthe timing. The second one I played in today, I got it, and have to say iads are going to be very consistent for me soon. I landed six in a row in a match, and used them pretty consistently in other spots. Missed a few but got more than I missed. I got second in the tournament all with skarlet btw, a huge victory for me.

Also I didnt think they would be possible online but im starting to get them, laggy tv with laggy internet and still landing an iad here and there. Playing on asus makes a giant difference though.

Im super excited about my 2nd place today. I played 100% skarlet and babied a few folks including the TO, who was so salty after lol.

good Job Johnny, we would love some footage if possible ^^ i like to see my fellow Skarlet members using our techs for data gathering and stuff

Johnny2d

Next time ill have footage for sure. My wife took video in my first tournament but I played embarassingly bad and this time today I was just like fuck it, im goin in to have a good time, cant do worse than embarassing bad, and I actually played top notch skarlet and had a blast, babying peeps.

Next month there will be footage for sure.

And eddy, that b113 corner shit is legit. The stuff you came up with and the stuff I added, all those options make her corner game nuts. When I put people in the corner today they died.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I realized in a lot of matchups it's actually better to use the ground daggers and machine gun them. Maybe that's just my preference but iad's still are important to learn.
IAD would prolly be as fast as kabal iagb at the lowest level.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Next time ill have footage for sure. My wife took video in my first tournament but I played embarassingly bad and this time today I was just like fuck it, im goin in to have a good time, cant do worse than embarassing bad, and I actually played top notch skarlet and had a blast, babying peeps.

Next month there will be footage for sure.

And eddy, that b113 corner shit is legit. The stuff you came up with and the stuff I added, all those options make her corner game nuts. When I put people in the corner today they died.

Thanks man, i try to do the best i can.
EVO will be hype

ryublaze

Noob

Nice johnny! Like Eddy said, tournament footage would be awesome. and yeah the laggy tv issue sucks. The problem I had with my tv was that i was playing it non-HD on an HD tv but when I switched it was a lot better. Alternatively, it feels even less laggy when I play non-HD on a standard tv.

Johnny2d

I wonder if the skarlet community should develop language about the instant air dagger... meaning the truly instant just frame instant air, because this is whats needed to get the max speed and advantage, and then we need something to call the air far dagger that hits a standing opponent. Hitting the tops of their heads or even the top of sheeva's head isnt actually an instant air dagger, cause its not instant. The instant one is super low, hits their neck and you recover right away. They are rare for me. If we're talking about getting 10 of these in a row im pretty far off still.

Somberness

Lights
The best far dagger has a duration of 32 frames off a neutral jump. Example of the best recovery:
Not as fast as Kabal which looks like 28/29 (have to guess for his). Nobody does his off a neutral jump and his best off a backwards jump is 31, so yeah. If you do Skarlet's 1 frame later, the duration jumps to 36, but that is still faster than every other fireball.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
What inputs do y'all use. I'm so used to doing a rolling motion since I play Kitana. But for Skarlet udf seems better.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2