What's new

Question - Outlaw How good is Erron Black still?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Top-tier or not, Erron fits my play-style of full-on rush-down really well so that's why I stick with him.

Outlaw Erron's style reminds me of Johnny Cage from MK9 in the way that he doesn't have much of a zoning game, but he's one of the best when he gets inside. Its pretty much what drew me to him in the first place.
He has an awesome anti-zoning game with that slide though.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
He has an awesome anti-zoning game with that slide though.
The hitbox is high during 1/3 of the way. you won't slide on reaction an iceball like subzero or reptile can, you'll eat it except you use armor. However, you can slide sz's ice clone projectile on reaction (on read for online).

Reactions: GAV

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
I would say he's around top ten. Definitely has flaws as pointed out earlier in this thread, but I am still waiting for more Erron Black players to shine. I really think Sonic could play anyone and beat most people. Keyword being most.

I hear a lot of how Marksman might be better than Outlaw. I'd personally would love to see this, so EB players, keep practicing and attend your tournies.

EB is definitely not Batgirl (I also think the whole Sonic being the only one to play BG with high success is because he put in the time and was not used as a quick "pick me up to body people in pools" character, even if she was top 2) so I would imagine more EB players could have success. He doesn't seem that difficult to play aside from some slight nuances in timing for Outlaw, and I never played a cancel character so I can't speak on Marksman.
In time more Erron Black players should begin to shine. Execution is a bit on the high side, but I think most EB players get killed in Setplay. He has a ton of options, but if your not constantly changing it up and conditioning, he can lose steam. Sonic displays strong setplay and that takes him along way, even in some of the more unfavorable matchups.

Marksman is fun. I have all the rifle cancels down, except canceling into block. I still mixup combos between all three variations though lol. I have to work on that.

D4G

Win At All Cost
and in markman, you can add another 5-10 digits on that number
Hush, Stop making up stuff, there's no such thing as a marksman erron black and if there was, he'd be trash tier, sonicfox plays outlaw only for a reason :DOGE

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
You mean buff it so that the first hit doesn't whiff on low hitboxes? Sounds good to me.

Just curious, can I ask how you went about testing this?[/QUOTE

He probably did the NJ test.
Sonicfox already confirmed it right after patch. And if you enhance tackle, your 10+ frmaes positive.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
You mean buff it so that the first hit doesn't whiff on low hitboxes? Sounds good to me.

Just curious, can I ask how you went about testing this?
I set the CPU to jump, used Sand Trap, and then compared the jumps with the frame-data of other normals/strings around +6-9 on hit and they seemed similar. It might not even be +6-9 (I only tested for like 2 minutes), but it's definitely still plus.