What's new

Question - Displacer How good is Displacer?

I just dunno why you don't see the possibility of him being top 5 or near top 5 if you want to play numbers.
- he can punish all projectiles on read (or reaction depending on the human player)
- has safe blockstring 50/50 for 1 bar (yes, it's not punished by a 6f move if you block it)
- he has some positive on block string with tp meterless => allows mix to cross up, continue pressure or grab depending of your read
- strong dmg meterless
- strong initiation (you can't punish EX TP without read, what happen if you misread ? :x)

Also, he has good mu against the "top tier" since they are all based on + frames with gap strings or based on strong safe zoning.
The fact is this variation has no disgusting MUs and have reliable tools. Knowing that, it's easier to allow his fake pressure to occur. That's why he can fit the 5th place easily, I'd understand if you said it's not possible for him to be top 1-2-3-4 lol

Skeezer12

Kinetic
Displacer is very gooooood! and has great neutral , good damage , good normals minus a few mids , and also his mind games are some of the best! i think he could be top 7 imo .

I just dunno why you don't see the possibility of him being top 5 or near top 5 if you want to play numbers.
- he can punish all projectiles on read (or reaction depending on the human player)
- has safe blockstring 50/50 for 1 bar (yes, it's not punished by a 6f move if you block it)
- he has some positive on block string with tp meterless => allows mix to cross up, continue pressure or grab depending of your read
- strong dmg meterless
- strong initiation (you can't punish EX TP without read, what happen if you misread ? :x)

Also, he has good mu against the "top tier" since they are all based on + frames with gap strings or based on strong safe zoning.
The fact is this variation has no disgusting MUs and have reliable tools. Knowing that, it's easier to allow his fake pressure to occur. That's why he can fit the 5th place easily, I'd understand if you said it's not possible for him to be top 1-2-3-4 lol
I don't really care where people want to put him on the list. He's a good variation, but for some reason people use his offense to sell displacer when its the weakest selling point.

He has some plus frames off string like f2 2+4 reg tele. Also has a safe b2 with ex tele... Nothing guaranteed and a poke will shut it all down unless you make solid use of the b1. You have to gain so much respect with a mid out of the slightly plus frames before those mixes ever come free. Just better have another bar and good hit confirm off b11.

You have to understand I'm arguing against his offense, and for his defense. I've brought up countless times how Raiden is a defense character but ppl still sell their top 5 opinions on offense.

TG = 5050 offense and defense / weak against zoning. Solid cancel pressure and mind games on offense. Good get off me armor and meter build for offense or defense.

Displacer = 90% defense / 10% offense. Solid discipline to react to gaps/projectiles and MU knowledge brings out displacers gold.

When people start to understand this MU we'll see a change in opinion I'm sure. Just like Possessed everyone thought was broke until about 5 mins in the lab.

I don't really care where people want to put him on the list. He's a good variation, but for some reason people use his offense to sell displacer when its the weakest selling point.

He has some plus frames off string like f2 2+4 reg tele. Also has a safe b2 with ex tele... Nothing guaranteed and a poke will shut it all down unless you make solid use of the b1. You have to gain so much respect with a mid out of the slightly plus frames before those mixes ever come free. Just better have another bar and good hit confirm off b11.

You have to understand I'm arguing against his offense, and for his defense. I've brought up countless times how Raiden is a defense character but ppl still sell their top 5 opinions on offense.

TG = 5050 offense and defense / weak against zoning. Solid cancel pressure and mind games on offense. Good get off me armor and meter build for offense or defense.

Displacer = 90% defense / 10% offense. Solid discipline to react to gaps/projectiles and MU knowledge brings out displacers gold.

When people start to understand this MU we'll see a change in opinion I'm sure. Just like Possessed everyone thought was broke until about 5 mins in the lab.
Thx for remembering me that b2 EX TP is not positive, I dunno why I thought it was +14 on block lol.
Well if you remove that fact indeed I follow your point. When I reread myself I also see that I misunderstand offense with counter-attack, my bad : x

soo what connects off of b2~ex tele? anything?
after b2 ex tele only b1/f1 combos connect. and their execution must be very strict. i usually drop them in the heat of the battle and unable to hitconfirm. but much practice might fix this... bit this is debatable.
b3 ex tele on the other hand is super easy. it connects to everything. b1/f1/213/214 etc. (doing b3 rather than b34 is imho preferable. because it is much harder to react to, in case move is blocked. b34 on the other hand is predictable and super readable).
ps. on a side note. b2 ex tele works even worse in the corner. dont ask why. i dont know.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys

@TheRealOnlyGoonie @Lil Majin @Aqueous_Echo DID
YOU GUYS WATCH THIS MATCH? WHO IS REWIND I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM BUT HE IS PLAYING RAIDEN TO HIS MAX POTENTIAL! ALSO KEEPING IT SAFE AS I DON'T THINK I SAW ONE B2 USED?

RAIDEN HOLDS HIS OWN AGAINST TOP 5
YA REWIND IS MY BOY. HES BEST RAIDEN RN. HE JUST STARTED PLAYING IN KK. AND WILL PROB MAKE TOP 8 EVERY WEEK. KIDS ONLY 16 YEARS OLD!!!!!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
MAN HE IS A PRODIGY IN THE MAKING, HE WAS MAKING SONICFOX SWEAT! TELL HIM MORE B2 CAUSE SONIC KEPT BLOCKING HIS B3
B3 IS A BNB STARTER. SONICFOX KNOWS THIS CHARACTER AND THIS IS WHY HE ANTICIPATES THIS MOSTLY. IF YOU PLAY RAIDEN A LOT, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
B3 IS A BNB STARTER. SONICFOX KNOWS THIS CHARACTER AND THIS IS WHY HE ANTICIPATES THIS MOSTLY. IF YOU PLAY RAIDEN A LOT, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY.
B3 CAN ONLY COMBO FROM EXSHOCKER (UNSAFE) AND IMPOSSIBLE TO HIT CONFIRM, AND VICINITY BURST IN CORNER?
B2 IS SCARIER AND LEADS TO HUGE DAMAGE METERLESS/1-BAR AND CAN BE MADE SAFE WITH EX TELE

Tanno

B3 CAN ONLY COMBO FROM EXSHOCKER (UNSAFE) AND IMPOSSIBLE TO HIT CONFIRM, AND VICINITY BURST IN CORNER?
B2 IS SCARIER AND LEADS TO HUGE DAMAGE METERLESS/1-BAR AND CAN BE MADE SAFE WITH EX TELE
B3 LEADS TO EITHER 3 OR 4. THE 4 IS THE OH. I KNOW ABOUT B2. IT'S SCARIER, BUT IT'S A BIT SLOW AND PUNISHABLE. REWIND DIDN'T USE IT, BECAUSE DISPLACER DOESN'T HAVE THE LRC THUNDER GOD HAS. YOU CAN DO THE LRC ANYTIME YOU LIKE TO CONFUSE YOUR OPPONENT.

IF HE SUCCEEDED THE B3 TO 3, LIKE B33, HE WOULD DO AN EX SHOCKER STARTING COMBO. IF HE DID THE B34, HE WOULD FOLLOW IT WITH B2, 214xxEX SHOCKER. THIS IS WHY I MEANT THE BNB.

EDIT: FORGOT TO ADD THAT HE WOULDN'T CANCEL THE B2 INTO TELE, BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD ANTICIPATE IT.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
B3 LEADS TO EITHER 3 OR 4. THE 4 IS THE OH. I KNOW ABOUT B2. IT'S SCARIER, BUT IT'S A BIT SLOW AND PUNISHABLE. REWIND DIDN'T USE IT, BECAUSE DISPLACER DOESN'T HAVE THE LRC THUNDER GOD HAS. YOU CAN DO THE LRC ANYTIME YOU LIKE TO CONFUSE YOUR OPPONENT.

IF HE SUCCEEDED THE B3 TO 3, LIKE B33, HE WOULD DO AN EX SHOCKER STARTING COMBO. IF HE DID THE B34, HE WOULD FOLLOW IT WITH B2, 214xxEX SHOCKER. THIS IS WHY I MEANT THE BNB.
B34 IS NOT AN OH STRING LOL? THAT'S 34 WHICH IS EASILY
BLOCKED AND IS A HIGH COMBO STARTER. THE FIRST HIT OF B2 WHICH CAN BE CANCELLED IS ACTUALLY PRETTY QUICK, IT'S THE 2ND HIT WHICH IS SLOW AND HIGHLY PUNISHABLE. B2 INTO TELE IN THE CORNER CAN CONFUSE OPPONENT. B33 INTO EX-SHOCKER YOU MUST COMMIT TO THE STRING AND HOPE THEY GUESSED WRONG OTHERWISE PUNISH CITY. B34 INTO SHOCKER ON BLOCK OR VICINITY BURST ON HIT

Tanno

B34 IS NOT AN OH STRING LOL? THAT'S 34 WHICH IS EASILY
BLOCKED AND IS A HIGH COMBO STARTER. THE FIRST HIT OF B2 WHICH CAN BE CANCELLED IS ACTUALLY PRETTY QUICK, IT'S THE 2ND HIT WHICH IS SLOW AND HIGHLY PUNISHABLE. B2 INTO TELE IN THE CORNER CAN CONFUSE OPPONENT. B33 INTO EX-SHOCKER YOU MUST COMMIT TO THE STRING AND HOPE THEY GUESSED WRONG OTHERWISE PUNISH CITY. B34 INTO SHOCKER ON BLOCK OR VICINITY BURST ON HIT
MY MISTAKE FOR THE B34 PART. ABOUT B2, TRUE. I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THIS. IT'S VERY QUICK AND YOU NEED TO BE VERY QUICK TO CANCEL IT. AS DISPLACER, I WOULDN'T CANCEL IT INTO TELE, BECAUSE THIS SHIT HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE CORNER TELEPORTS. IT'S OK TO CANCEL IT INTO EX SHOCKER OR VICINITY FOR SAFETY'S SAKE. THE REST OF WHAT YOU SAID I AGREE.