What's new

Question - Displacer How good is Displacer?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
He good. But it requires hella execution. And I'd say in world of top 5 its not worth it unless you are a masochist like me who plays Hattrick for a over a year and still is free in some MU.

To my opinion, he is far superior to TG for those reasons :
- Safe 50/50 (requiring 1 bar but full blockstring) leading to a fair 30% dmg and more
- Initiation lead due to TP
- No bad MU against zoner because of previous reason
- TP Ex is great to punish any gap in this game
- Hardknockdown can be combined with TP for setups against wake up
- 6f punish leading to corner carry 32% dmg into setup (thunderfly does have at least one setup variationless)

He does have some good "fake" pressure due to Raiden being +2 +4 with some string canceled with TP but his b1 whiffs on some characters. So It's not reliable if you don't look who's your opponent.

You can't say a character is bad if you look just at the execution. You have to look at his options. The only thing that he lacks, is the ability to get a lot of meter in a reliable way. Honestly, doing f12b2 tp away is NOT a reliable way.
He can be top 5 because it's one of the few variation that may have no problem against any variation. Why people doesn't play it ? If you drop a combo, you are punished by a wake up bnb. And execution is hard. It means it's easy to be punished because you drop easily a combo :/

Ps : I will play him as soon as I can do that f12b2 triple time while being drunk lol

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I DONT KNOW GUYS I USE TO THINK WAS TOP 5 BUT, NO ONE SEEMS TO BE PLAYING HIM. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE. FOREVER KING DOESNT COUNT CAUSE LBSH, HIS RAIDEN IS SHIT.
You mean Forever King Jr? I would love to hear his reply after reading yours. lol

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
To my opinion, he is far superior to TG for those reasons :
- Safe 50/50 (requiring 1 bar but full blockstring) leading to a fair 30% dmg and more
- Initiation lead due to TP
- No bad MU against zoner because of previous reason
- TP Ex is great to punish any gap in this game
- Hardknockdown can be combined with TP for setups against wake up
- 6f punish leading to corner carry 32% dmg into setup (thunderfly does have at least one setup variationless)

He does have some good "fake" pressure due to Raiden being +2 +4 with some string canceled with TP but his b1 whiffs on some characters. So It's not reliable if you don't look who's your opponent.

You can't say a character is bad if you look just at the execution. You have to look at his options. The only thing that he lacks, is the ability to get a lot of meter in a reliable way. Honestly, doing f12b2 tp away is NOT a reliable way.
He can be top 5 because it's one of the few variation that may have no problem against any variation. Why people doesn't play it ? If you drop a combo, you are punished by a wake up bnb. And execution is hard. It means it's easy to be punished because you drop easily a combo :/
I KNOW HES NOT BAD, TRUST ME I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE EXECUTION, IM JUST CURIOUS WHAT OTHERS THINK OF HIM COMPARED TO OTHER CHARACTERS

I KNOW HES NOT BAD, TRUST ME I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE EXECUTION, IM JUST CURIOUS WHAT OTHERS THINK OF HIM COMPARED TO OTHER CHARACTERS
The only bad MU he might have, if you can call that a bad mu, are characters that have long block string in which they can choose to had a gap to get a 50/50 or a grab and can also restand you and seal TP ex WU. Also characters that can jail on hit to their blockstring pressure.
There aren't a lot of characters that can do one of those 2 kind of pressure and endlessly so yes Displacer is strong.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
The only bad MU he might have, if you can call that a bad mu, are characters that have long block string in which they can choose to had a gap to get a 50/50 or a grab and can also restand you and seal TP ex WU. Also characters that can jail on hit to their blockstring pressure.
There aren't a lot of characters that can do one of those 2 kind of pressure and endlessly so yes Displacer is strong.
MAYBE IM NOT BEING CLEAR. I KNOW HOW STRONG DISPLACER IS, I WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU GUYS RANK HIM AMONG THE CAST.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
I THINK DISPLACER, AS A VARIATION, IS TOP 15 OUT OF THE 99 IN THE GAME - MOBILITY BECAME EVEN MORE IMPORTANT DUE TO THE STAMINA CHANGES AND HE HAS IT IN SPADES BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY WE'RE SHOUTING.

IMO, displacer has a lot of solid options and one of the best is punishing fast recovering projectiles/combo punishing a gap in the opponents offense.

Has decent meter build, and technically only needs one bar to be able to exploit something.

Displacers problem is his only good mid is d1 and even it can get low profiled. B1 has little to no use without a bar and even with that 1 bar doesn't grant much for the cost.

I honestly believe if people would just poke his fake pressure and force him to use b1 a lot more often that people would see how defensive this character should be played.

With an offensive approach this character is fake and if people would just poke and force displacer to use b1 it makes life a little harder for him.

With a defensive approach he can be overwhelming mentally by slowing the opponent down and making them think before they get punished for something.

Also block string<far tele<f4 isn't a thing. You can get away with it vs someone who doesn't know their options but options against that are plennnnty.

after maining thunder god for for more than a year i switched finally to displacer. man, where have i been all this time? not only he is super fun, but he is extremely strong as well. one thing that probably should be stated before anything else, is that if you dont have, literally, SFox level of execution, there is little to zero benefit in playing displacer. He requires much time practicing jailing strings and converting combos from successful open-ups. He is not someone you could pick and be super successful, and this is where problem arises. why would you pick such character, with such high entry-barrier level execution, when you could just, well, i dunno, go and pick dvorah, predator or alien or some braindead crap.