What's new

Discussion How Good I Am With Characters | Tier List (Post your List Here!)

Did You Read The Disclaimer?

• Yes

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Nah, I'm a straight rebel.

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

llabslb

R1D1_998
S+ (I know the most about and feel the most comfortable with) : Johnny Cage (A-List), Sub Zero (Grandmaster)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S (Know a decent amount and feel pretty comfortable with) : Liu Kang (Dragons Fire), Kano (Commando and Cut throat)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A (I know bnbs, kind of have a game plan but nothing match up specific) : Kotal Kahn, Kung Lao, Erron Black, Jax (Heavy weapons), Scorpion (Hellfire and Ninjutsu), Reptile, Raiden, Kenshi (Balanced), Mileena (Piercing) and Tremor
B (I try to mimic players who use these characters) : Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Goro, Takeda, Ermac and Leatherface

Other characters I've tried and probably have forgotten the combos

Last edited:

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
S - Kotal Kahn War God
B - Erron Black Outlaw, Gunslinger
F - Rest of cast

Its amazing for me to see so many of you using all those different characters

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Not bad: Kitana (Royal Storm)
Fairly Average: Tanya (Pyromancer) / Mileena (Piercing)
Not good: Raiden (Thunder God)
Pretty terrible: Sektor / Sonya (Covert Ops), Kung Jin (Bojitsu)
WTF Seriously??? Everyone else

Poor me.

Ubi

Noob
S: Cassie, A-List Cage
A: Dragons Fire Liu, D'Vorah, Shaolin Kung Jin
C: War God Kotal, Grandmaster Sub
D: Reptile, Covert Ops Sonya, Kobu Tanya
F: Everone else

I play this game solely to have fun so I change who I use very often. But I'd say if I were going to play competitively, I would use only Johnny. Feel very confident with him. Really love the idea of this thread btw haha:p

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
S- Sub Zero (Grandmaster), Triborg (Cyrax), Jason (Unstoppable and Relentless)
A- Alien (Acidic), Triborg (Sektor and Smoke), Erron Black (Gunslinger and Outlaw)
B- Kung Lao (Tempest), Leatherface (Killer)
C- Raiden (Both variations o_o), Mileena, Takeda, Predator, Johnny, Kotal, Reptile, Tremor, Jax

F- Everyone else, Hat trick Lao (sorry bud)

I love playing a lot of different characters. Makes the game more re-playable and different to me. I love Grandmaster because he's the ultimate scrub killer, easy defensive options, and I get a big juicy reward for getting people to the corner (except for women and bitches with weapons)

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
C: Quan Chi (Sorcerer/Warlock), Kotal (War God)
D: Erron Black (Gunslinger), Jax (All Variations),
F: Everyone else on the character select screen.

Im pretty free. Just add me on psn and i'll hand out some free wins. :(
Ok, no. Your list would be this:
S: Quan Chi (Sorcerer/Warlock), Kotal (War God)
A+: Erron Black (Gunslinger), Jax (All Variations),
F: Everyone else on the character select screen.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
S+ (I know the most about and feel the most comfortable with) : Johnny Cage (A-List), Sub Zero (Grandmaster)
S (Know a decent amount and feel pretty comfortable with) : Liu Kang (Dragons Fire), Kano (Commando and Cut throat)
A (I know bnbs, kind of have a game plan but nothing match up specific) : Kotal Kahn, Kung Lao, Erron Black, Jax (Heavy weapons), Scorpion (Hellfire and Ninjutsu), Reptile, Raiden, Kenshi (Balanced), Mileena (Piercing) and Tremor
B (I try to mimic players who use these characters) : Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Goro, Takeda, Ermac and Leatherface

Other characters I've tried and probably have forgotten the combos
S+ Would only be one character wouldn't it?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm F with my main Quan Chi and unbelievably bad with Boneshaper Shinnok, Kotal Kahn, Kano, and Leatherface.

:-(

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
S+ Tier: Cybernetic Kano, Cutthroat Kano
A Tier: Commando Kano
B Tier: Relentless Jason, Unstoppable Jason, A-List Johnny Cage, Shaolin Kung Jin
C Tier: Hollywood Cassie Cage, Tarkatan Alien, Hish-Qu-Ten Predator, Slasher Jason.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
A (?) - Kung Jin (Shaolin)
F - Everyone else

I wish I was S+ tier like Slayer is with Kung Jin though. :(
No, your list would be:
S+ (or S): Kung Jin
F: Everyone else
It's a tier list for what character you are the best with, not comparing. I've explained this many times lol

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
S+ Tier: Cybernetic Kano, Cutthroat Kano
A Tier: Commando Kano
B Tier: Relentless Jason, Unstoppable Jason, A-List Johnny Cage, Shaolin Kung Jin
C Tier: Hollywood Cassie Cage, Tarkatan Alien, Hish-Qu-Ten Predator, Slasher Jason.
I see you're a Kano fan :cool:

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I see you're a Kano fan :cool:
I was a loyalist for about a year, and then, I just went Jason because Cutthroat bored me to death. Still pull out Cyber when I don't feel comfortable with Jason. I definitely enjoy the all around easy tools and straightforward strategy Kano has. Very fun yet basic get in your face and bash your head in within the corner type of brawler.

Reactions: D7X

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I was a loyalist for about a year, and then, I just went Jason because Cutthroat bored me to death. Still pull out Cyber when I don't feel comfortable with Jason. I definitely enjoy the all around easy tools and straightforward strategy Kano has. Very fun yet basic get in your face and bash your head in within the corner type of brawler.
I don't find Cutthroat fun at all. I'm a Reptile loyalist until his playstyle is just horrible, which it never felt like that in any MK game I've played so far. I went back and played the first MKs (Never played them before), and I loved Reptile in them

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
S Tier = Imposter Shinnok
A Tier = Slasher Jason, Cryomancer Sub-Zero, Shotgun Jacqui, Necromancer Shinnok, Tarkatan Alien
B Tier = Special Forces Sonya, Bone Shaper Shinnok
C Tier = Vicious Ferra/Torr

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I don't find Cutthroat fun at all. I'm a Reptile loyalist until his playstyle is just horrible, which it never felt like that in any MK game I've played so far. I went back and played the first MKs (Never played them before), and I loved Reptile in them
It's not fun now. It's really flow charty to play and everyone has a pocket CT Kano if people know his basic strings. I only like Kano because I like characters who aren't played as much and who don't utilize powers. It's a weird pet peeve with me. I can't play Reptile. Too many run cancels in between combos, but playing a good one can be an amazing experience. I just wish his variations gave him more tools to work with instead of just DoT, Invisibility, and slow time.

Reactions: D7X

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
It's not fun now. It's really flow charty to play and everyone has a pocket CT Kano if people know his basic strings. I only like Kano because I like characters who aren't played as much and who don't utilize powers. It's a weird pet peeve with me. I can't play Reptile. Too many run cancels in between combos, but playing a good one can be an amazing experience. I just wish his variations gave him more tools to work with instead of just DoT, Invisibility, and slow time.
They are similar, but seem to have different styles on what you do. If they take away his slime ball, I'm going to go bat shit crazy

9_Lives

Noob
This isn't about comparing. Your best would be at S tier
I guess I feel like even though they are my strongest, I wouldn't consider them S because there's probably more I can learn with them. Perhaps I'm thinking too hard about it lol.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I guess I feel like even though they are my strongest, I wouldn't consider them S because there's probably more I can learn with them. Perhaps I'm thinking too hard about it lol.
Yeah, this is just who you are best with. Doesn't matter if you feel you're good with them or not.

WeaponQ

Milksteak, Magnets, and Ghouls
S: Gunslinger Erron Black and Shirai Ryu Takeda.
A: Dragon's Fire Liu Kang and Grandmaster Subzero
B: Hollywood and Brawler Cassie Cage, Crystalline Tremor, Sektor and Smoke, and Outlaw Erron Black
C: Cryomancer and Unbreakable Subzero, Hellfire Scorpion, and A List Johnny Cage.
D: Everyone else.