What's new

Discussion How Good I Am With Characters | Tier List (Post your List Here!)

Did You Read The Disclaimer?

• Yes

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Nah, I'm a straight rebel.

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
The way I'm gonna rank my characters is like this:
S - My mains that I really on for competitive play who I believe I'm best with and have most knowledge about
A - Tertiary characters/variations that I believe could still hold their own and that I have a decent knowledge of
B - Characters/variations that I feel are almost at the same level as Tier A yet feel mediocre with
C - Characters/variations that I'm just getting the hang of and learning
D - Characters/variations that I at one point tried but have since forgotten almost all knowledge of
F - Self explanatory, really

S: Shinnok (Impostor), Kotal Kahn (War God/Sun God)
A: Jax (Pumped Up), Leatherface (Pretty Lady/Killer)
B: Leatherface (Butcher), Shinnok (Bone Shaper), Triborg (Sektor), Kotal Kahn (Blood God)
C: Quan Chi (Sorcerer/Warlock), Kung Jin (Shaolin)
D: Sonya Blade (Covert Ops), Ermac (Master Of Souls), Kitana (Royal Storm/Assassin), Jason (Slasher), Liu Kang (Dragon's Fire)
F: Rest of the cast

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
S- Tremor (All Variations), Leatherface (Killer), Jason (All Variations)
A- Kotal Kahn (War God/Sun God), Goro (All Variations), Bo' Rai Cho (Dragon Breath/Bartitsu)
B- Leatherface (Butcher/Pretty Lady), Predator (Warrior/Hish-Qu-Ten), Scorpion (Ninjitsu)
C- Shinnok (Necromancer), Kano (Cutthroat/Cybernetic)
F- Rest of the Cast

A Sonya, D'Vorah
B Kenshi, Johnny
C FerraTorr, Shinnok

I never feel at a disadvantage with Special Forces

My Shinnok is straight awful. Johnny is ok I guess but I don't have the finger dexterity to lock down on his f3 cancels alot. I'm getting the hang of balanced Kenshi

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
S+: Ronin Takeda
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B: Cyber Sub-Zero
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:
Hunter Predator
D:
Aftershock Tremor | Cutthroat Kano | Kobu Justsu Tanya | Tempest Kung Lao
F:
Rest of the cast

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
S+: Kitana, Cassie: very confident against all matchups. Cassie is the character I spent most time practicing bnb and oki tech
A: Tanya, Mileena: confident but if I lose I'll pick my S tier. I also have a lot of trouble control the air with these 2 character
B: Jacqui, Sonya: it's funny to play against people who doesn't know the matchup. And they're the best for combo exhibition
C: Ermac, Predator: just pick up recently. Still learning how to play footsie and how to get my setups going
F- tier: the rest

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
The way I'm gonna rank my characters is like this:
S - My mains that I really on for competitive play who I believe I'm best with and have most knowledge about
A - Tertiary characters/variations that I believe could still hold their own and that I have a decent knowledge of
B - Characters/variations that I feel are almost at the same level as Tier A yet feel mediocre with
C - Characters/variations that I'm just getting the hang of and learning
D - Characters/variations that I at one point tried but have since forgotten almost all knowledge of
F - Self explanatory, really

S: Shinnok (Impostor), Kotal Kahn (War God/Sun God)
A: Jax (Pumped Up), Leatherface (Pretty Lady/Killer)
B: Leatherface (Butcher), Shinnok (Bone Shaper), Triborg (Sektor), Kotal Kahn (Blood God)
C: Quan Chi (Sorcerer/Warlock), Kung Jin (Shaolin)
D: Sonya Blade (Covert Ops), Ermac (Master Of Souls), Kitana (Royal Storm/Assassin), Jason (Slasher)
F: Rest of the cast
Ahh, cool! You did take your time in this. Impostor takes so long to learn lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
S+: Kenshi, Tremor, Leatherface, Cryo Sub.

Everyone else is pretty much even.

Only people I can't use at least one variation of confidently enough to give MU XP are Jax, Jacqui, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, and Sonya...even though I've been working on Covert Ops lately.

9_Lives

Noob
Probably Sektor and Kung Lao at like B...and C or lower with pretty much everyone else. I've probably screwed around for about a week with every character just to figure out how to fight them and it usually sticks.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Probably Sektor and Kung Lao at like B...and C or lower with pretty much everyone else. I've probably screwed around for about a week with every character just to figure out how to fight them and it usually sticks.
This isn't about comparing. Your best would be at S tier

Ahh, cool! You did take your time in this. Impostor takes so long to learn lol
Impostor was the second character I picked up after Kotal and, yeah, did take a little while to learn. After a few weeks, though, it became second nature to me. The only thing I really have trouble with these days is remembering what move I steal from what character haha

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Roflmao. Interesting thread here. xD

A: Sub Zero Grandmaster
B: Alien Tarkatan
C: Alien Acidic
D: Raiden Thunder God and Displacer
F: The rest of all

I don't play the others, because they have either confusing inputs or hard moves that would need A LOT OF training to make them. Fortunately, Raiden, who I'm learning and training, has only one hard move and it's the LRC, which is a matter of time to time it down. Before Raiden I main Sub Zero, and then Alien Tarkatan. I know a bit about Acidic, but I want the Tarkatan due of its vortex.

I would put F+: Tanya, because she's literally UNPLAYABLE. I can't even do the combos with her weird inputs.

I'm not putting my chars in S rank, because I'm not like Madzin or Sonicfox or @Nivek (those guys are MK monsters).

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
S: Special Forces, Sorcerer
F: Everyone else, literally the only characters I enjoy playing more than just a few games.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
C: Quan Chi (Sorcerer/Warlock), Kotal (War God)
D: Erron Black (Gunslinger), Jax (All Variations),
F: Everyone else on the character select screen.

Im pretty free. Just add me on psn and i'll hand out some free wins. :(

Zaccel

Noob
I like these sorts of self-assessment 'tier lists'. Here goes:

S: Reptile (Noxious)
A: Reptile (Deceptive)
B: Reptile (Nimble)
C: Ferra/Torr (Ruthless), Quan Chi (Warlock)
D: Everyone else (pre-KP2)
F: Everyone else (KP2)

Most of this is knowledge assessment since I barely play anyone not named Reptile. I don't have KP2, so I'm at zero by default on BRC/Borg/Alien/Leatherface.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
C: Quan Chi (Sorcerer/Warlock), Kotal (War God)
D: Erron Black (Gunslinger), Jax (All Variations),
F: Everyone else on the character select screen.

Im pretty free. Just add me on psn and i'll hand out some free wins. :(
I would love to add you, but you like in Dallas and I live in Thessaloniki, Greece. Both of us have the same job (music production). Region lock servers, be damned.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I would love to add you, but you like in Dallas and I live in Thessaloniki, Greece. Both of us have the same job (music production). Region lock servers, be damned.
Hold up... Music Producer and in Greece? We'll keep in touch. ;)