What's new

Discussion How Good I Am With Characters | Tier List (Post your List Here!)

Did You Read The Disclaimer?

• Yes

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Nah, I'm a straight rebel.

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
DISCLAIMER: This is for posting who you are best with to who you are worst with! It's a tier list for YOURSELF! No, this isn't going to be Alien in S all the time. So before you mods close this read it. I did not find any thread like this while searching, so if there is I apologize. I screw these things up a ton lol. You do not have to order it the way I do. You don't need S+ or F. You definitely need S though. S+ and F are for emphasizing if you're better than everyone else with the character (By a good amount)

POST YOURS BELOW! (READ THE DISCLAIMER BEFORE POSTING)

Here's Mine: If I missed any, tell me. Also, these may be variation specific.

S+: Reptile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S: Takeda | Erron Black | Quan Chi | Cassie Cage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A: Sonya | Raiden | Tremor | Kung Jin | Scorpion | Kung Lao | Shinnok
B: Johnny Cage | Ermac | Jason | Ferra/Torr | D'Vorah | Smoke | Sub Zero | Triborg | Kotal Kahn
C: Liu Kang | Kitana | Jacqui Briggs | Jax | Mileena | Alien | Kano | Predator
D: Kenshi | Leatherface | Tanya | Bo Rai Cho
F: Goro

myri

Time Warrior
Oh interesting, I like it.

For me it probably goes like this

S+: Bo' Rai Cho (All Variations) (I know right)

S: Kung Lao (Tempest)

A: Sektor, Leatherface (Killer), Kung Jin (Shaolin)

B: Scorpion (All Variations), Sub-Zero (Grandmaster, Cryomancer)

C: Quan Chi (Sorcerer)

D: Everyone else

edit: actually going to give some explanation.

I main Tempest Kung Lao since pre-patch and then play mostly Bo' as my secondary although I seem to do a lot better with him (more mixup potential and less people know the matchup). I have a decent Sektor and Shaolin Kung Jin, the former because Triborg is awesome and Shaolin Kung Jin for harder matchups if I ever attend a serious offline event. I mained Scorpion when I first started with this game and then moved onto Lao so I still have the muscle memory but I don't practice with him. I dabble with Sub from time to time although I don't really play him I just know some bnb's. Quan Chi I learned entirely from watching Quan players and I basically do one bnb and then armour up and zone because reasons.

edit 2: Oh yeah and Leatherface I started with four or five days ago but I feel pretty good with him.

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X

S+: Bo' Rai Cho (I know right)

S: Kung Lao

A: Sektor, Leatherface, Kung Jin

B: Scorpion, Sub-Zero

C: Quan Chi

D: Everyone else
Bo Rai Cho S+? Glad to see something new! :)

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
S: Piercing Mileena
A: Ravenous Mileena, Ethereal Mileena, Tempest Kung Lao
B: Wrestler Jax
C: Stunt Double Johnny Cage
F: the rest of the cast

S+: Subzero
S: Jax | Kung Lao
A+: Goro | Kung Jin
A: Jason | Ferra-Torr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B+: Cassie
B: Mileena | Shinnok |
C: Leatherface
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically F tier for everyone else, don't play them anymore. Started off with Jax but now feel most comfortable with Grandmaster Subzero but i don't like him for a lot of matchups

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
S+: Subzero
S: Jax | Kung Lao
A+: Goro | Kung Jin
A: Jason | Ferra-Torr
B+: Cassie
B: Mileena | Shinnok |
C: Leatherface

Basically F tier for everyone else, don't play them anymore. Started off with Jax but now feel most comfortable with Grandmaster Subzero but i don't like him for a lot of matchups
Lol yeah, Grandmaster has some shit matchups. Scorpion, D'Vorah, Ermac (Mainly Mystic), Alien and maybe Spec Ops Cassie? If you play him you better have a backup

Tweedy

Noob
Lol i'm so ridiculously trash with everyone besides the characters that I've put months into. There are people worse than me at the game that are competent with tons of characters. Maybe it's because i'm new to the genre? Idk.

S: Tarkatan, War God
A+: Tempest
A: Ronin, Boneshaper
B: Buzzsaw, Acidic, Shaolin Kung Jin

I'd say F for the rest of the cast, but I may be D tier with Reptile or some shit, so i'll just leave the list at that.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Lol i'm so ridiculously trash with everyone besides the characters that I've put months into. There are people worse than me at the game that are competent with tons of characters. Maybe it's because i'm new to the genre? Idk.

S: Tarkatan, War God
A+: Tempest
A: Ronin, Boneshaper
B: Buzzsaw, Acidic, Shaolin Kung Jin

I'd say F for the rest of the cast, but I may be D tier with Reptile or some shit, so i'll just leave the list at that.
Oh, cool! Am I the only one here who knows combos for a good amount of the cast? lol.
Off topic, but you left Khaotic for EXiLE?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Lol yeah, Grandmaster has some shit matchups. Scorpion, D'Vorah, Ermac (Mainly Mystic), Alien and maybe Spec Ops Cassie? If you play him you better have a backup
Some of those you mentioned aren't bad matchups lmao. He bodies Cassie, Scorp is even. The poverty matchups imo are D'Vorah, Predator, Takeda, Alien, Demo Sonya, Mileena, and Mystic Ermac. Everyone else he beats or can at least fight. He can fight those characters too if he gets them in the corner but it's hard.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Some of those you mentioned aren't bad matchups lmao. He bodies Cassie, Scorp is even. The poverty matchups imo are D'Vorah, Predator, Takeda, Alien, Demo Sonya, Mileena, and Mystic Ermac. Everyone else he beats or can at least fight. He can fight those characters too if he gets them in the corner but it's hard.
That's why I had a question mark with Cassie, haha. The missiles I was wondering if they could screw Sub Zero. Scorpion's Inferno variation doesn't body Sub? What?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That's why I had a question mark with Cassie, haha. The missiles I was wondering if they could screw Sub Zero. Scorpion's Inferno variation doesn't body Sub? What?
No lol. Online maybe. Inferno has the absolute worst neutral in the entire game imo. All his "mixups" are reactable, he is suuper unsafe. If you get him in the corner, he is as good as dead. Where as Grandmaster doesn't really need to risk too much to fight Inferno at all. It's really hard for Scorpion to get up off the ground. Ninjutsu and Hellfire do fine though.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
S+ Ninjutsu Scorpion
A: CT Kano
B: Thunder God Raiden, Bartitsu BRC
F: Everyone else

I spend most of my time playing Ninjutsu with Kano being the occasional pocket and a work in progress. I used to main Raiden at the start of the game's lifespan up until the September patch where I seldomly use him. Bartitsu I can use but I only use it against characters who doesn't have good projectiles because god Bo can't fight against fullscreen zoning

S+ : Spec ops Cassie, Royal Storm/ Assassin Kitana, Brood Mother D'vorah

S: Demo Sonya, Brawler/Hollywood Cassie Cage, Swarm queen/ venomous D'vorah, FF Liu Kang, Kobu Tanya

A: Dragon's Fire Liu Kang, Crystalline tremor, HW jax CO Sonya, BS shinnok, Mournful Kitana, Smoke,

C: predator, Johnny, f/t

D: everyone else

omooba

fear the moobs
sadly i'm can only play every character i use at an average level so my list would be split into characters i play and those i don't play

S+: Bo' Rai Cho (All Variations) (I know right)

S
would seriously love to play you. i need the motivation to learn bobo

probably gonna use this thread to hunt for match ups lol

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
sadly i'm can only play every character i use at an average level so my list would be split into characters i play and those i don't play

would seriously love to play you. i need the motivation to learn bobo
Could do depending on where you're from. I'm from Australia so the connection might be a bit crappy.

CaptainCM

Certified trash
Probably more of a confidence list than an effectiveness one.

S
: Erron Black
A: D'Vorah, Cassie Cage
B: Kung Lao, Jax
C: Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Jason, Predator, Mileena, Jacqui
D: The rest