What's new

Guide - Swarm Queen How D'vorah's wasp grenade cancels work and to properly do them

Rey

Reycier
Its definetly worth it to keep going with d'vorah.
She is very execution heavy in my opionion but she is a lot of fun and she got so many tools.
Meanwhile i more often use after the f112 wgc the mix up from
b1 xx
f22

so you get the 50/50 for damage and its both safe (with monster execution for the f112, wgc, b1, wgc, combo on hit / block on block)

but the b14 is very usefull. its quit punishable but the opponent has to be fast.
and its a double low.
anyways it the best to play a style from all her possobilities and mix ups, so that you keep beeing surprisinghttps://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.html#/search=inscrutable&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on
f112, wgc, 11, 112, 113
f112, wgc, f22
f112, wgc b1 wgc, b14, b2
f112, wgc, 2, 21, 212
f112, wgc, d4
f112, wgc, throw

just use ALL of her tools and she is so strong.
you can throw the opponent so often cause he have to respekt her pressure.
if he start to armor through your 50/50 mix up after the f112 wgc,
you can just use the guaranteed strings.
d4
Also you can use her gimmicks. Ending the strings with swarm.
b1 swarm is a interessting tool ;)
but watch not to do this to often.

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
Its definetly worth it to keep going with d'vorah.
She is very execution heavy in my opionion but she is a lot of fun and she got so many tools.
Meanwhile i more often use after the f112 wgc the mix up from
b1 xx
f22

so you get the 50/50 for damage and its both safe (with monster execution for the f112, wgc, b1, wgc, combo on hit / block on block)

but the b14 is very usefull. its quit punishable but the opponent has to be fast.
and its a double low.
anyways it the best to play a style from all her possobilities and mix ups, so that you keep beeing surprising
f112, wgc, 11, 112, 113
f112, wgc, f22
f112, wgc b1 wgc, b14, b2
f112, wgc, 2, 21, 212
f112, wgc, d4
f112, wgc, throw

just use ALL of her tools and she is so strong.
you can throw the opponent so often cause he have to respekt her pressure.
if he start to armor through your 50/50 mix up after the f112 wgc,
you can just use the guaranteed strings.
d4
Also you can use her gimmicks. Ending the strings with swarm.
b1 swarm is a interessting tool ;)
but watch not to do this to often.
Hey mate, wanna play some mirror matches soon? I've noticed I'm surprisingly bad in the matchup since I haven't found any descent swarm queen players in Europe yet.

Reactions: Rey

BangBang

Noob
This is weird, one minute, cancels come out perfectly and the next moment I get wgc f22 instead of 212. Its so annoying, Ive been labbing this for like 5 days and can't do it consistently to try it in an actual fight. I wont give up for now, but need to reset my mind and muscle memory because Im afraid Im memorizing it all wrong and is taking me nowhere. BTW, It seems many players agreed recently on saying Dvorah is broken. Hope they don't nerf her to death and make all this effort useless.

Rey

Reycier
Many people say broke cause she is + 12 after the f112 string.
So you can't do anything if she follow up with 2,1 or d4.
But you can let get hit you from the last hit from f112 and the pressure is over.
In my opinion she is not broke, just very strong but very execution heavy!

Hi, just started experimenting with d'vorah and have a few questions:
1) Is her wgc just keep holding the 1 then tap forward twice? I ask because I'm used to doing Raiden's lrc and with him you have to hold the 1 but input f,f,block. So you don't have to actually press block when doing hers?
2) I find myself doing the run cancel using block since I'm so used to doing it that way with raiden, is it ok if I do it this way or an I just making it more difficult?
3) I honestly thought that she was bottom tier but recently I've read that she's not that bad, is she like mid tier now or something?
Thanks.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Hi, just started experimenting with d'vorah and have a few questions:
1) Is her wgc just keep holding the 1 then tap forward twice? I ask because I'm used to doing Raiden's lrc and with him you have to hold the 1 but input f,f,block. So you don't have to actually press block when doing hers?
2) I find myself doing the run cancel using block since I'm so used to doing it that way with raiden, is it ok if I do it this way or an I just making it more difficult?
3) I honestly thought that she was bottom tier but recently I've read that she's not that bad, is she like mid tier now or something?
Thanks.
1) it's a run cancel so you need to press Block as well. Hold 1 they ff+block

2) it's the right way otherwise you won't get the Frame advantage. I don't know if there are characters beside hqt predator that work with dash cancels.

3) oh sweet sweet summerchild...

1) it's a run cancel so you need to press Block as well. Hold 1 they ff+block

2) it's the right way otherwise you won't get the Frame advantage. I don't know if there are characters beside hqt predator that work with dash cancels.

3) oh sweet sweet summerchild...
Lol thanks man for your answers but question 3, umm, am I missing something?

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Guys im new to D'vorah and feel like Kang hasnt been doing his job. What are her blockstrings as im horrible with frame data

Blewdew

Guys im new to D'vorah and feel like Kang hasnt been doing his job. What are her blockstrings as im horrible with frame data
The only blockstring you need is f112wgc into anything. It's +12 and jails into s2, s1, d1,d3 and d4. Once your opponent starts respecting you you can go for the 50/50 (f112wgc,f22wgc or f112wgc,b1wgc) or just stagger/chip pressure (f112wgc,f112wgc,f112ovi or dash out)

the.hamburglar

The only blockstring you need is f112wgc into anything. It's +12 and jails into s2, s1, d1,d3 and d4. Once your opponent starts respecting you you can go for the 50/50 (f112wgc,f22wgc or f112wgc,b1wgc) or just stagger/chip pressure (f112wgc,f112wgc,f112ovi or dash out)
I though Ovi isnt safe so how would I get away with that? Im guessing its just like they wouldnt expect me to do that react fast enough
Thank you for the help btw. Is it just me or does canceling any wgrc seem harder with anything other than 2

Blewdew

I though Ovi isnt safe so how would I get away with that? Im guessing its just like they wouldnt expect me to do that react fast enough
Thank you for the help btw. Is it just me or does canceling any wgrc seem harder with anything other than 2
I'd use it for chip out with ex ovi you do about 17% chip damage + meter building but as I said you just dash out and you're still safe.

Do you mean you find it hard to cancel into anything Other than s2?

For those of you that struggle with the b1 cancel and opt to not use it remember that with full meter b12 becomes a MASSIVE threat. Even if they block the b12 xray your still plus on block. I find that alot of dvora players dont try to follow up with anything after a blocked xray (maybe they dont know its plus on block?) and i have no idea why. Its still your turn. Keep pressing buttons people, its why shes so good.

Last edited:
@HoneyBee How do you consistently get 112 WGC 212 online? I've been told to buffer it but that's still very inconsistent. It may just be my horrible internet though. :p
Ive been sliding my thumb to 2 as opposed to lifting and pressing. Its alot faster and makes it so i can wait for her gun to come out vissually rather than by feeling. Once i started doing that my cancels became ALOT crisper. But thats just me personally. Not sure if it will work for you cuz everyone is different. Maybe something to try.

the.hamburglar

What makes you say Kang isn't doing his job?
Im not saying hes bad but he doesnt feel as much of a threat as he used to be when he was plus 2 after mb dragon kick. I also have been playing for about 8 months so it gets boring after a while lol. I always had an interest in D'vorah and last night I got her cancels down a lot easier than before so Im using her. :)

Blewdew

For those of you that struggle with the b1 cancel and opt to not use it remember that with full meter b12 becomes a MASSIVE threat. Even if they block the b12 xray your still plus on block. I find that alot of dvora players dont try to follow up with anything after a blocked xray (maybe they dont know its plus on block?)and i have no idea why. Its still your turn. Keep pressing buttons people, its why shes so good.
I dunno about that. The only time I go for xray if it gets me the win and I rather use it on reaction since it's super easy to hit it in mid range. Just get your b1 wgc down it's really Not that hard after all

I dunno about that. The only time I go for xray if it gets me the win and I rather use it on reaction since it's super easy to hit it in mid range. Just get your b1 wgc down it's really Not that hard after all
Well, im not saying i cant do it, cuz i can. Im just listing a possible option for those that dont. But you listed a point i forgot to mention, and that its a good threat if it will close out a round or a match. Obviously just dont throw it out there.

It seems like lots of people having trouble with the cancels so I'll try to make it clear how they work:

How to do the string:
this is really easy you have plenty of time to hit 212 after the cancel. it doesn't matter how fast you cancel there is no delay time in that string so it works both ways, dialing the string very fast or dialing the string slow and patient

Frame Data:
f11,wgc (On Block) = ~ -1/-2 (safe on block)
f11,wgc (On hit) = +30/+32 = ~ +31

Can be canceled into:
212 (easy)
f22 (easy)
112 (easy)
f44/f42 (easy)
f11 (easy)
b1 (moderate)

How to do the string:
f22 has a longer animation and slower startup than f11 thus you have to delay the cancel after the wasp grenade input a little bit. it's basically the same motion as f11 BUT the difference is that if you try to cancel the wap grenade to fast d'vorah will just throw the bug instead of canceling. f22 has good hit advantage so you don't have to hurry that much with 212 but you need to be faster than with f11 though. may be weird at first but it's really not that hard.

Frame data:

f22,wgc (on Block) = 0/+2 = ~ +1
f22,wgc (on hit) = +24/+28= ~ +26

Can be linked into:

212 (easy)
f11 (easy)
112 (easy)
f44/f42 (easy)
f22 (moderate)
b1 (moderate)

How the string works:

so this string seems to be the pure horror for people who are new to d'vorah. the key is NOT to just dial the string. this again will end up in just throwing the bug instead of canceling. this string is a mixture of delaying the run cancel until you can see the bug coming out, then run cancel the wg and press 212 as soon as possible. this string requires some practise so to make life easier to you I suggest to learn this step by step by the following :

1. just do 112,wg withouth canceling it and hold the bug. most if the time this string is messed up by not being patient and trying to cancel to early. you HAVE to get that feeling down in your muscle memory this is more important than connecting with 212 since you can at least do some pressure kind of.

2. try to do wgc,212 as fast as possible. it's important that you do 212 as soon as it is possible after you run cancel the bug. this is not only important for this string but for d'vorah in general especially for f112,wgc,2 since you won't jail your opponent if you can't do that motion and you'll eat unnecessary punishes.

3. now do the whole string in one. don't confuse yourself but rely on that timing you practised and (hopefully) saved in your muscle memory.

Frame data:

112,wgc (on block) = +2/+4 = ~ +3
112,wgc (on hit) = +20/+22 = ~ +21

Can be linked into:
212 (hard)
112 (hard)
f11 (very hard)
b1 (very hard)

How to do the string:

now this called the hardest wgc by most of the d'vorah players but imo it's harder to do consistently f112,wgc,f112,wgc,f112,ovi on block. now the the hard part about this is not the delay since it's so little (or even non-existent) that this won't be your problem probably. Problem 1 for me is that d'vorah don't even do the wasp grenade and just do b1. to prevent that this wgc is the only one were I don't slide my thumb but only do clear inputs that means: b,1,d,f,1. now the 2nd problem is that you release 1 without even cancel the run because your mind is so messed up by pressing 5 direction buttons in less than a second. not like the other wgc's this one feels really unnatural for me. the only thing that helps here is practise the timing. problem 3 is just that you have to input everything extremly fast. but in my opinion the hardest part is do get the grenade out consistently after that it's cake.

Frame data:

b1,wgc (on block) = -4
b1,wgc (on hit) = +20/+22 = ~ +21

Can be linked into:

212 (hard)
112 (very hard)

How to do the string:

there is nothing to say about this really other than f112,wgc needs to be delayed a lot. it's easy to cancel into 2 but other strings can be harder. It's kinda stupid that the timing is different on block but it's basically jst delaying the cancel a lot. be patient, look at the bug coming out and then you can cancel into another string safely.

Frame data:

f112,wgc (on block) = +14 ( If done perfectly), +12 otherwise
I am new to this, I saw a video that once you do f11xxdf1(hold1)~RC~212 , is that correct that you need to hold the 1 button of df1 as you do the RC, then after the RC release the 1 button and do 212, please advise thanks for your time

Blewdew

I am new to this, I saw a video that once you do f11xxdf1(hold1)~RC~212 , is that correct that you need to hold the 1 button of df1 as you do the RC, then after the RC release the 1 button and do 212, please advise thanks for your time
Yes as soon as you canceled the wasp grenade you can release 1