What's new

Guide - Swarm Queen How D'vorah's wasp grenade cancels work and to properly do them

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Really confused here. Does it take longer on blockstun or something? I can do it all day in a combo, but when its blocked its like the cancel doesnt exist
Cancels have a smaller window on block. It was one of her first nerfs. You have to be on point after f112 wc, otherwise people will armor or backdash the followup.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
F112 you mean, cause that is her only true blockstring into s2. Yes it works, just have to get those crispy cancels .
No I meant 112 blockstring cancelling stuff. I didnt know that b112 was the only true blockstring cancel. but thank you
:)
So the only true blockstring from it is to go into the 2 string correct?

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
No I meant 112 blockstring cancelling stuff. I didnt know that b112 was the only true blockstring cancel. but thank you
:)
Yup, you can also go into the 11 string, but I do 212 wc as check and it gives you a hitconfirm if you were expecting them to block. So it would look like f112 wc 212 wc run under, then depending on what corner you want them in, d1 f34 b12, or d1 f112.

Rey

Reycier
After the f112 wgc you can go guaranteed in:
D4

So they have to respect this options.
After you conditining them to block,
You can go for a mix up with F22 or b1 for full combo.
Oh, and don't forget to throw ;)

Reauxbot

After the f112 wgc you can go guaranteed in:
D4

So they have to respect this options.
After you conditining them to block,
You can go for a mix up with F22 or b1 for full combo.
Oh, and don't forget to throw ;)
Does it really jail or am I mistiming it. I got mashed out hard online just 10 mins ago by some randoms in PvP.
Well at least when I went for 2 :\
I feel like Ill be in training for hours with Dvorahs blockstring alone -_-

Rey

Reycier
It really jails.
All these strings are guaranteed!
No armor or pokes are possible except you mistime it.
Just keep on trying and practice.
At the beginning it feels sooooo hard.
Just practise it.
Go in training and set the CPU on reversal.
Kung Lao for example with his spin.
Everytime the spin comes out you mistimed it.
Keep going!
D'vorah is so much fun to play!

Reauxbot

It really jails.
All these strings are guaranteed!
No armor or pokes are possible except you mistime it.
Just keep on trying and practice.
At the beginning it feels sooooo hard.
Just practise it.
Go in training and set the CPU on reversal.
Kung Lao for example with his spin.
Everytime the spin comes out you mistimed it.
Keep going!
D'vorah is so much fun to play!
I was told Reptile aND Sub is the the best training reversal dummies to use.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Does it really jail or am I mistiming it. I got mashed out hard online just 10 mins ago by some randoms in PvP.
Well at least when I went for 2 :\
I feel like Ill be in training for hours with Dvorahs blockstring alone -_-
Yeah it's hard in the beginning to you'll get it for sure. Took me some time as well but Trust me they'tr cancels that are worse than that;)

I really like this character but I just can't get the wgc down pat. I find I can do it 70% of the time in training but even in a vs AI match up I can't pull it off consistently. When I go for the f22 wgc 212 that another f22 usually comes out after the cancel instead. Do you hold 1 then do FF RUN and slide down to the 2 immediately? Cuz that's what I've been trying and man it's tricky.

Rey

Reycier
I know that.
The inputs have to be on point.
Sometimes it happens.
You just have to hold 1 until you pressed ff block and directly press the string you want to go in.
F112, df1, (hold 1) ff block and directly 2
Trust me, train this and in future it will become easy ;)

Edit: blewdew describes this at the beginning from this thread very nice!

Thanks, I can't think of anything that's required more dexterity in my life other than the guitar. She seems worth the effort though so I'll take your advice and keep at it.

Reauxbot

I really like this character but I just can't get the wgc down pat. I find I can do it 70% of the time in training but even in a vs AI match up I can't pull it off consistently. When I go for the f22 wgc 212 that another f22 usually comes out after the cancel instead. Do you hold 1 then do FF RUN and slide down to the 2 immediately? Cuz that's what I've been trying and man it's tricky.
The window just seems small as fuck. I can do her cancel combos 90% of the time but that damn b112 WGC cancel string on block...Not even gonna try that shit online..A regular ass reptile slide beats me out if i try a standing 2 -_-
Well if all else fails theres always backdash bait or dash block. or grab lol
I think crouching mids blow up grabs..Right?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The window just seems small as fuck. I can do her cancel combos 90% of the time but that damn b112 WGC cancel string on block...Not even gonna try that shit online..A regular ass reptile slide beats me out if i try a standing 2 -_-
Well if all else fails theres always backdash bait or dash block. or grab lol
I think crouching mids blow up grabs..Right?
You can also cancel a cancel into block to bait armor

Reauxbot

PS4? We can do online practice and I'll show you.
I play X1 unfortunately. If there is a YouTube video to watch I would, but none are up to date with recent patches. Plus I'm a visual learner by far so reading about the commands help but not to my degree much

Reauxbot

Also does Millenas ball low profile highs? I can hit her out of the ball but can't hit Reptile or Subz out the slide with s.1

Rey

Reycier
I play X1 unfortunately. If there is a YouTube video to watch I would, but none are up to date with recent patches. Plus I'm a visual learner by far so reading about the commands help but not to my degree much
You doesn't need to watch videos with the new patch.
Nothing has changed to the cancels with the new patch.

Reauxbot

You doesn't need to watch videos with the new patch.
Nothing has changed to the cancels with the new patch.
"You doesnt" lol
But I was told that some patch made her cancels really weird on block or something.

Reauxbot

That was the first patch. Anything you are watching or reading now is how they work.
Thanks Harley.
Im curious on some tips on how you play the character. I know she has a lot of tools but in neutral im not really knowing what to do. Im winning matches just because I sit around waiting for the opponent to step out of position or mess up. Im doing the blockstrings ok. But everyone blocks high against her.
She takes a lot of work doesnt she?

Rey

Reycier
"You doesnt" lol
But I was told that some patch made her cancels really weird on block or something.
Give me some English lessons and I will give you some d'vorah lessons.
Deal? ;P
Just try to help you.
If they block high you have to adept and get them with some low stuff.
D4
B14
Or in the best case b1 wgc into full combo

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Thanks Harley.
Im curious on some tips on how you play the character. I know she has a lot of tools but in neutral im not really knowing what to do. Im winning matches just because I sit around waiting for the opponent to step out of position or mess up. Im doing the blockstrings ok. But everyone blocks high against her.
She takes a lot of work doesnt she?
Yeah she does but it's Worth it. When the opponent Blocks high make him block low or like rey said use b1wgc. If you'er not too consistent with her b1wgc just use some gimmicks to force him to low block. Some examples:
F112,swarm
F112,wgc,d4,swarm
F112,wgc,2,d4,Swarm
F112,wgc,b14 or b12
F112,wgc,d3
F112,wgc,2xxSwarm

Also make sure to use your long limb normals in the neutral ALOT. D3 and d4 are amazing to keep the opponent running at you. F22 is also really good and prevent people from trying to jip you.

When I play with @Rey he knows that I Know the matchup really well and uses tons of different stuff to open me up.