What's new

How do you think casual players will handle the 'clash system'?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Oh wow...um watch the tournament vids that just got posted in the other thread guys. Looks like folks aren't using Clash's as meter deterrents because meter build is so easy in this game right now. They did some EX stuff, but mainly they held everything back to use Clash's as breakers because The Flash has some long combo loops...looking like maybe an infinite.

I was worried this would be the case because in TvC and MK9 the most valuable thing is to ALWAYS be able to simply end your opponents combo with a breaker and if the meter that is needed to do that is tied to your base meter then folks rarely spend it on anything else since it negates most offense attempts on them. I think if Clash is kept it needs to be on a seperate meter that builds in addition to base meter like the HD gauge does in KOF XIII and sort of like the meters in SFIV.

Regardless of how they react to what I see as an issue that Clash's acting as combo breakers highly negates player incentive to go for EX moves or hypers I definitely can say that the cinematic has to go. These things are too long and get pretty old really fast in even a single round.

Everyone keep posting reactions here after you watch the vids in the tourney thread. I need this input now that we are seeing some higher level play and usage of this tool before wednesday when I do my fan feedback video letter.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
You won't get meter anywhere near as fast in the actual game, it only regens that much because you only get two matches at a trade show, so they want to you to be able to actually do stuff.

None of those videos really showed anything helpful, all the people were doing was using one string and flashes DP, I don't blame there was a trip on the line and they only had like a few hours to play.
Clash is too long though.

As for the Clash, I wouldn't mind it being on another meter, more like how ASW games do it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm fine with the presentation of the Clash system. It is the mechanics of it that bother me.

1. It takes two bars to execute, then after that it is completely random.
2. No matter how it turns out, it fucks with the momentum of the match, which is HUGE.

Just remove the entire "wager" part and call the clash a breaker (keep it called Clash, who cares). This will be just fine.