What's new

How do you think casual players will handle the 'clash system'?

Lets be serious here, i dont know why neather realms is putting all this bull into the game 4 the casual gamers when they know that them motherfuckas will play the game for 3 months tops, get bodied online, and drop the game after beating and unlocking what they need to on the game, while us competitive gamers will continue to support the game online and off, same went 4 mortal kombat, for example i have friends and cousins who claim to be huge mk fans and purchased mk9, but they stint with the game was limited, because they are not successful competitively, they just beat story mode n stopped lol, so what im saying is, when it comes to the fighting mechanics of this game they should appeal strictly to the competitive scene, and leave story mode n unlockables for casual gamers, because lets be serious here casual gamers just wanna be able to pull off super moves and basic combos with their favorite super heroes, they could care less about a damn clash system and neither could we, why dont we just build meter like mk? Nothing was wrong with the formula, even players from ssf4 and other games agreed that it was a good meter building system, why fk it up by adding this bull??? I mean we already got cut scenes for supers and environment interactions, wit all this bull 1 match is gonna take damn near 30 mins lol, come on NRS cut the bull, ur killing this game before it even hits the market, i guess since MK9 saved your lives, you guys resorted to going back to implementing bull within ur games....lbsh MK9 was a life or death situation 4 them, where would they be now if the game wasnt responded to well???...you guys should be treating every game like it could be ur last, because it seems thats when ur guys work at ur best...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Lets be serious here, i dont know why neather realms is putting all this bull into the game 4 the casual gamers when they know that them motherfuckas will play the game for 3 months tops, get bodied online, and drop the game after beating and unlocking what they need to on the game, while us competitive gamers will continue to support the game online and off, same went 4 mortal kombat, for example i have friends and cousins who claim to be huge mk fans and purchased mk9, but they stint with the game was limited, because they are not successful competitively, they just beat story mode n stopped lol, so what im saying is, when it comes to the fighting mechanics of this game they should appeal strictly to the competitive scene, and leave story mode n unlockables for casual gamers, because lets be serious here casual gamers just wanna be able to pull off super moves and basic combos with their favorite super heroes, they could care less about a damn clash system and neither could we, why dont we just build meter like mk? Nothing was wrong with the formula, even players from ssf4 and other games agreed that it was a good meter building system, why fk it up by adding this bull??? I mean we already got cut scenes for supers and environment interactions, wit all this bull 1 match is gonna take damn near 30 mins lol, come on NRS cut the bull, ur killing this game before it even hits the market, i guess since MK9 saved your lives, you guys resorted to going back to implementing bull within ur games....lbsh MK9 was a life or death situation 4 them, where would they be now if the game wasnt responded to well???...you guys should be treating every game like it could be ur last, because it seems thats when ur guys work at ur best...
Can I like this more than once? ^^ STORMS make it happen... 1000x likes for Scar

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The clash system is not aimed at casuals, most of them won't even bother figuring out how it works.

The system mechanics behind it and how it work are clearly aimed to make the game deeper, they basically evolved the breaker concept and made it punishable and added in some extra meter burning options. Now is it a GOOD idea is a whole other question, personally IDK, there are some neat ideas behind, but it needs some tweaking, and it desperately needs a shorter animation.

As for MK9's meter management? No it was not really that good, in fact it was kinda pointless, you could basically remove the meter and just give everyone 2 combo breakers like the old 3D games and the game would basically be the same, well probably better because there would be no more annoying armor moves. Quan chi would probably be fucked though.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
1) This will be used competitively. The option to "undo" an entire combo at the cost of meter is huge.
2) You all really need to stop shitting your pants every time developers come up with something original in a game. People like you are the reason why games all look and play the same (see Tekken 6 vs. TTT2). I applaud NRS for trying new things in fighting games, especially when their customers are the whiniest bunch of bitches of any gaming community.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
So in general what is everyone's opinion here on the best way to handle Clash.

Keep it, Rework it, or Remove/Replace it?

I had a survey for this before the forums crashed and I'd really like to know how everyone feels overall on this tool.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Its really stupid, i hope they take it out

unless they can make it actually make sense

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
As for MK9's meter management? No it was not really that good, in fact it was kinda pointless, you could basically remove the meter and just give everyone 2 combo breakers like the old 3D games and the game would basically be the same, well probably better because there would be no more annoying armor moves. Quan chi would probably be fucked though.
I disagree with this. There are times when a lot of players, including the absolute top will have 2 bars and use 1 instead of saving a breaker. Sometimes it works perfectly,other times it costs them a round or even a game. I think the meter management part of this game is one of the better parts. Especially characters like cage who has a game changing xray, quan chi with his rune trap, or rain who has buckets of armor. Are some ex moves stupid as fuck? Hell yeah *cough kenshi cough* but that isnt the meter management.

"This will be used competitively. The option to "undo" an entire combo at the cost of meter is huge." - Except you cant if the attacker has more meter than you, not only that, but if I remember correctly, if the attacker wins they get even more damage, lol. Every "Clash" debate should be followed up with what its current build is, someone had the data/info before, if you happen to read this please post it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've seen vids....

honestly... this game.... looks not good.
Gimmicky things don't make good games. They are just novalties that wear off after time.
Stage Transitions (which tekken handles like a boss) and this clash thing....idk. UMVC is over the top. If that is what they are shooting for... they're coming up short.

I honestly can't figure out exactly what they are shooting for in this game.

Hemlock

Noob
I had no interest in Injustice, but now this clash system has me curious. I love (lovelovelove) MK so I wouldn't be interested in basically MK with other characters, but it is cool to see that it's going to be its own unique game with unique gameplay (that we haven't really seen in other videogames). Hats off to NRS for trying something new. (and personally I'm not ready for an MK sequel)

What exactly is the clash system?
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/risky-business-the-injustice-gods-among-us-clash-system/

When will they learn....Stop trying to please casual players lol.

The clash system honestly sucks.

Casuals are happy with having an X-ray type move. MK is proof of that.

They should make it smaller, and only certain specials should be able to clash. With no cinematic!

Or better yet just scrap it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I've seen vids....

honestly... this game.... looks not good.
Gimmicky things don't make good games. They are just novalties that wear off after time.
Stage Transitions (which tekken handles like a boss) and this clash thing....idk. UMVC is over the top. If that is what they are shooting for... they're coming up short.

I honestly can't figure out exactly what they are shooting for in this game.
Trying to make a game outside there "comfort zone". IE more Japanese.

They basically took MK9 removed the bullshit (stun moves, everyone having a projectile and teleport), added in directional blocking for the first time, some Japanese mechanics like Roman cancels, air dashes, and wall bounces.
Made all the characters unique for the first time, IE no shared normals of any kind everyone has there own jump and crouch attacks, everyone has a unique jump animation and arc, everyone has a different model so we get small characters like Harley and big ones like Grundy, fixed the player 1 advantage shit so we have trades for the first time.

NRS have already done stage transitions before in UMK3 and it worked out well, though they were a lot shorter. The only weird things are the stage interactions(there fairly balanced and just kinda fluff), and the Clash system which is kinda flawed ATM, so hopefully they alter it so its less bullshit.

Can't say how the game is going to actually play yet though, but with the lack of teleports and the direction blocking I would say an even more footsie heavy MK9.

Basically this game seems like a way to just try new shit and broaden the audience of competitive players(IE fans of Japanese fighting games)
If they went straight to MK10 and implemented half this shit everyone would be freaking out like a mother fucker.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
They basically took MK9 removed the bullshit (stun moves, everyone having a projectile and teleport), added in directional blocking for the first time, some Japanese mechanics like Roman cancels, air dashes, and wall bounces.
Made all the characters unique for the first time, IE no shared normals of any kind everyone has there own jump and crouch attacks, everyone has a unique jump animation and arc, everyone has a different model so we get small characters like Harley and big ones like Grundy, fixed the player 1 advantage shit so we have trades for the first time.
Where are you getting some of this info? I don't recall hearing that that stun moves are gone or that they no longer have universal normals. Even the P1 advantage, I want all of this to be true but I haven't seen confirmation anywhere.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Where are you getting some of this info? I don't recall hearing that that stun moves are gone or that they no longer have universal normals. Even the P1 advantage, I want all of this to be true but I haven't seen confirmation anywhere.
Player 1 advantage is gone because there are trades now.
The devs have said everyone has unique moves, and you can see this in the videos of people playing, there is no more NJP or JIP or Uppercut, everyone has different shit.

When I say stun moves I mean more like capture state attacks, like Net, Iceball, Trance, Spear. There are actual stun states, like Catwoman has a move that causes a Crumple like state. There may be actual capture state moves in the game, but no one so far has any.

Here is proof of trades.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
This 100000000000000000%!

Lets see how many of u "give ur hats off" to nrs when the game is released and u see how fkn broken and needless the clash system is, as batmans fighting stance lol, if NRS was smart they would FOLLOW tekkens formula, because unlike mk, they've actually been consistent by building on what kept the hardcore fighting fans of the series interested, they took what was positive in gameplay n built on it,while still having stuff in the game that helps casual gamers progress n build their skills up( if their determined enough) while not sacrificing gameplay that kept hardcore fans interested. so why not build on the fighting mechanics of MK? Because lets be serious here, the people who are gonna keep this game alive is a majority of the current mk9 competitive scene who transition over to the game, u think these casual super hero fan boys are gonna travel, and push to have this game stay in big tournaments and media spotlight? No if this game did not have a majority of mk9 and NRS supporters carrying over from its recent success wit mk it would have the lifespan of a basic fighting game such as skullgirls, hype 4 a few months but die out immediately afterwards...because it is not taken seriously outside of just purchasing it and playing the game within the comfort of ur home and against friends locally, im not saying bring everything in the mk fighting mechanics over to injustice, take off jip combo starters, keep the hold to block, and even the enviroment interactions is ok, but also they should put stages that do not have them but instead keep the formula of stages within basic 2d build. Listen we the competitive community are the ones who take these games break them down and expose great new combos and tech, and a level of play to these games, that would otherwise be boring n undiscovered if left appealing to casual gamers...lets be serious here, u think people are gonna pick this game up by just looking at the recent videos of people playing this game, and how lame they make it look? If u want ur fighting game hyped up and to sell, ur gonna have to throw kool looking combos in there and hype competitive gameplay, that appeals to both casual and hardcore gamers, just look at how tekken hyped up there game? Injustice doesnt even compare when it comes to hyping up the game, it doesnt make feel like "wow this game looks kool and i dont even play fighting games" Tekken however made me say " damn i dont even play tekken, but i wanna get this game!" Sometimes it better to play it safe rather then trying new things...because something new is not always a good thing....

Trying to make a game outside there "comfort zone". IE more Japanese.

NRS have already done stage transitions before in UMK3 and it worked out well, though they were a lot shorter. The only weird things are the stage interactions(there fairly balanced and just kinda fluff), and the Clash system which is kinda flawed ATM, so hopefully they alter it so its less bullshit.

Can't say how the game is going to actually play yet though, but with the lack of teleports and the direction blocking I would say an even more footsie heavy MK9.

Basically this game seems like a way to just try new shit and broaden the audience of competitive players(IE fans of Japanese fighting games)
If they went straight to MK10 and implemented half this shit everyone would be freaking out like a mother fucker.

LMAO bro what version of injustice u been looking at??? Footsies in mk is one of the best footsie games in 2d fighters, and from what ive seen in injustice videos the footsies are straight ass! And are not even present from what ive seen...which is another point in which i feel NRS is taking a step back rather then building on something tht actually worked! And was fun!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
LMAO bro what version of injustice u been looking at??? Footsies in mk is one of the best footsie games in 2d fighters, and from what ive seen in injustice videos the footsies are straight ass! And are not even present from what ive seen...which is another point in which i feel NRS is taking a step back rather then building on something tht actually worked! And was fun!

MK is very footsie focused, Injustice looks even more so based purely on how the mechanics work.

Also of course you are not going to see any footsie's in the videos, they are all of people who are playing the game at a trade show and probably have never played a fighting game before. It would be like me video taping my grandmother playing the arcade mode of MK9 and saying the metagame only revolved around spearing people and uppercutting them.
We have not seen any competent or even decent footage of the game being played by people who know how to play a fighting game yet, it was exactly the same for MK9, we saw jack shit until the demo was released, and even that was mostly bullshit.

Hopefully NRS actually bothers to release match footage before the game ships for once.

aj1701

Noob
When will they learn....Stop trying to please casual players lol.

The clash system honestly sucks.

Casuals are happy with having an X-ray type move. MK is proof of that.

They should make it smaller, and only certain specials should be able to clash. With no cinematic!

Or better yet just scrap it.
If you dont make a game causal players will want, you'll soon not be making any games.

If you dont make a game causal players will want, you'll soon not be making any games.
LBSH bro casual gamers buy games based on the commercial and cool looking super moves alone, this is what sells the game, the proper promotion of the game alone determines the sells, so NRS doesnt really have to include alot of things that appeals to casual gamers within the game aside from a story mode, unlockables and basic accessible combos they can use on their scrubby counterpart friends, the whole point here is to get casual gamers to PURCHASE the game, hell after that NRS could care less what u do with the game, hell u can whipe ur ass with inbook guide 4 all they care, they got their money, what keeps this game appealing beyond the release date n multiple years, is deep, fun, balanced (doesnt have to always be the case), and competitive gameplay, perfect example MVC2

That's not true at all sir.

Casuals gamers don't give a damn about game mechanics first and foremost. All the care about is if the game is fun, if it has great graphics, is popular in some way, and if the game isn't too complicated play.

For example, COD is the most watered down piece of trash on the market, and hasn't been good since MW2 IMO. However, casuals still play that trash because the graphics are decent, it's easy to play, and it's fun. Hell, I hate MW3 and I still play it occasionally.

On the other hand, take the 2K basketball series for example. They cater to their hardcore audience, and casuals still buy it. Why? Simply because the graphics are great, the controls are simple, and its fun.

That's not true at all sir.

Casuals gamers don't give a damn about game mechanics first and foremost. All the care about is if the game is fun, if it has great graphics, is popular in some way, and if the game isn't too complicated play.

For example, COD is the most watered down piece of trash on the market, and hasn't been good since MW2 IMO. However, casuals still play that trash because the graphics are decent, it's easy to play, and it's fun. Hell, I hate MW3 and I still play it occasionally.

On the other hand, take the 2K basketball series for example. They cater to their hardcore audience, and casuals still buy it. Why? Simply because the graphics are great, the controls are simple, and its fun.
^ THIS!