What's new

Question - Cyrax How do you nerf this character

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Yeah i've not really played Cyrax since MK:T so I have no idea how he is supposed to play nowadays to be fair but the amount of bombs (10 I'm sure is the highest I've seen) you can do in one combo just seems a bit too wild. Were the bombs this unlimited in MK9?
In mk9 there were bigger longer combos that lead to resets since the bombs were unblockable, so basically if he touched you you died

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Read closely I said they all have virtue and u really beloved it's that easy to just block all these characters vortex ur crazy. And the new ermac vortex does not require meter so do your homework. Leather face vortex is not punishable if done correctly. Same with scorp but his requires meter to be safe.the reality is cyrax has a hard to block vortex just like quan chi and tremor and predator. I was never defending him. U actin like I said don't touch him or something the point in the post was to ask what does the community believe is a reasonable nerf because it is what I have been hearing none stop since kp2 release. And thinking that only cyrax has hard to block set ups makes me think u haven't been playing leveled up players
What are you talking about, leatherfaces vortex is punishable wtf, the overhead albeit is really easy to confirm so you can just stop or do overhead bop(which has a backdash and armorable gap) What fucking scorp vortex his overhead is almost 30 frames and his low is like what 11 or something, you can fuzzy it, while his other overhead just knocks you down,Plus predator, quan, and tremor, tremor doesnt have a vortex dafaq, quans requires alot of bar now and doesnt get the same damage, and hunter isnt even predators best variation. I would say i play some pretty high level players, plus i never said he is the only one with that just that his is way better than the rest, and they usually need bar.

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
What are you talking about, leatherfaces vortex is punishable wtf, the overhead albeit is really easy to confirm so you can just stop or do overhead bop(which has a backdash and armorable gap) What fucking scorp vortex his overhead is almost 30 frames and his low is like what 11 or something, you can fuzzy it, while his other overhead just knocks you down,Plus predator, quan, and tremor, tremor doesnt have a vortex dafaq, quans requires alot of bar now and doesnt get the same damage, and hunter isnt even predators best variation. I would say i play some pretty high level players, plus i never said he is the only one with that just that his is way better than the rest, and they usually need bar.
U can't if u don't believe tremor or predator doesn't have a vortex

Mrfinesse28

And u obviously don't play tech junkies who don't do anything but play with vortex characters level up before u start saying certain characters don't have vortex or do u know what a vortex is

omooba

fear the moobs
all that's needed is 2-3frame window to block. anything more wouldn't need practice i.e defeating the purpose of hard to blockables. for me i've honestly gotte used to them.my training partner does them with like a 2 frame gap so if i end up bocking 60-75% of the time

Of course there's a "how do you nerf Cyrax" thread but not one asking how to defend against him.. People aren't even willing to hit the lab anymore, they'd rather just wait for Paulo to swoop in and save them lol classic TYM

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Give Cyrax a gravitational nerf on the bombs and make the air net force u to the ground. He can still have solid dmg and it doesn't ruin him.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Remove hard to blockables, make the vortex cost a bar on at least one option, and give him some armor. Maybe a slight universal damage nerf too.
Remove hard-to-blockables...Hmm...Ok.Make vortex cost a bar on at least one option....No.Give him armor....Ok...
Damage nerf...No.
Reasons:
Make vortex cost bar on one option = No, because you're talking away hard to blockables and not only that his resets off net do like 8% + 38% damage XD.
Damage nerf = No, because he's already heavily execution dependent, his corner combos aren't that good, his max midscreen is 42% which if you're taking out htbs by making bombs mid and do you want like 37% or 35% on his most execution heavy combo?His other combos would do really bad damage too.
Remove hard-to-block =Yes, because this may make him fall of the tier list fast as a rock from top 5 to alot lower than that, he'd be alot more balanced.
Give him armor (standing) = Yes, because if you did all those other nerfs, cyrax wouldn't be....Y'know...Good.

Edit: Anyways, i just like the suggestion of making net drop the opponent when done while opponent is juggled.

Notez4

Noob
Also... If u think this shits hard to block you haven't played marvel or guilty gear at a high level.
Im pretty sure justin wong plays marvel at a high level and didnt he get freed up buy quanchis vortex lol. can you get much harder to block than 1 frame? i do agree its harder in marvel of course (constant hard to block situations) but the way you wrote that makes it sound like its easy to block a low/overhead or overhead/low that are 1 frame apart.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
And u obviously don't play tech junkies who don't do anything but play with vortex characters level up before u start saying certain characters don't have vortex or do u know what a vortex is
Alright this is where it starts first of I never said predator doesn't have vortex he does in
U can't if u don't believe tremor or predator doesn't have a vortex
What tremor vortex are you fucking talking about , are you talking about when he does a hard knockdown and then does the overhead rock, thats not vortex , and it is usually just overhead low anyways, but thats not a vortex and not even guaranteed. Hish doesnt really have a vortex i mean even if you wanna consider it that you dont eat much damage with out burning bar, and then it doesnt become a vortex, also you can armor out of it if he does the low laser and you block standing 3 so yah. Also i do play alot of good players. Also dont tell me to level up i would destroy you if we played a set so yah.
@EMPR_MURK @InFlames @zoofs @RagingRicans etc @Red Raptor @I

Mrfinesse28

Alright this is where it starts first of I never said predator doesn't have vortex he does in

What tremor vortex are you fucking talking about , are you talking about when he does a hard knockdown and then does the overhead rock, thats not vortex , and it is usually just overhead low anyways, but thats not a vortex and not even guaranteed. Hish doesnt really have a vortex i mean even if you wanna consider it that you dont eat much damage with out burning bar, and then it doesnt become a vortex, also you can armor out of it if he does the low laser and you block standing 3 so yah. Also i do play alot of good players. Also dont tell me to level up i would destroy you if we played a set so yah.
Sure u would

Mrfinesse28

The definition of a vortex is a combo that puts u in a situation where u have to guess a 50/50 and if u guess wrong u will be put in a combo that ends in the same situation if I'm not mistaken. In the fighting world or better known as the blender so how does tremor not have a one if he puts u in the corner hard knock down over head Rock has option to do 50/50 then repeat if block wrong.

Mrfinesse28

For the record no vortex is guaranteed

Mrfinesse28

If u play on the Xbox I would be more than happy to accept your challenge xbl mrfinesse28 we can play today if u like

Israel

Noob
Alien community
"Wow, this community is so dumb. Nerf us and let Leatherface just get away with worse???"

And the loop goes on and on and on and on and on and on...
I understand what you mean. People are very protective of their character. but, whos saying this in the alien community? im curious , i havent seen anyone from there post like this yet.

But guys i have a question for you all, What if they dont nerf him? What if it, it was all intended?