What's new

Question - Cyrax How do you nerf this character

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Triborg community
"wow, you guys are focusing on us when other characters get away with the same?? Do you even know how broken Alien is???"

Alien community
"Wow, this community is so dumb. Nerf us and let Leatherface just get away with worse???"

Leatherface community
"yeah, seeing high damage is easy. Broke-Rai-Cho is slept on and everyone's just focusing on us????"

Bo Rai Cho community:
*farts*

And the loop goes on and on and on and on and on and on...
Illuminati Cover Up: The Bo Rai Cho community is too drunk to make those posts. If those belches and farts would translate sorbriety it'd say "Wow, the bot just runs around shooting more missles, nets, harpoons, than the captain in Moby Dick"

Wigy

There it is...
Triborg community
"wow, you guys are focusing on us when other characters get away with the same?? Do you even know how broken Alien is???"

Alien community
"Wow, this community is so dumb. Nerf us and let Leatherface just get away with worse???"

Leatherface community
"yeah, seeing high damage is easy. Broke-Rai-Cho is slept on and everyone's just focusing on us????"

Bo Rai Cho community:
*farts*

Yeah lol every nerf thread for kp2 characters is full of mains for each respective character bitching about one another

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
These nerf cyrax threads poking my eyes for two days straight, get the fuck out of here lol you gonna get the character butchered just because of a stupid grab setup that can barely even be continued into another setup...

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Triborg community

Alien community

Leatherface community

Bo Rai Cho community:
*farts*

That stuff gets seen right through in the end.

I play Sun God. Here's my take...

"Well, if Tri-Alien-Rai Cho Face has this - then Kotal Kahn should have a safe normal 2 hitter that advances beyond half screen..."

"Oh wait, Kotal does have that. Duhhhh!!!!"

Upplaying and downplaying washes out quickly in this community where players put in the work to know the matchups inside and out.

At least the bickering keeps us entertained in the meantime.

Over characters have hard to block setups, so I don't think removing that is the answer. I like the idea mentioned by @John the Savage that you fall to a knockdown rather than on your feet from the net. @Pig Of The Hut uploaded a video of getting stuck in a loop if you grab them out of the net, but if you take the throw they can't put you in the net again and the damage scaling is so high it's not practical to use as it quickly scales to 1%/0% damage.

Goat-City

Banned
Remove hard to blockables, make the vortex cost a bar on at least one option, and give him some armor. Maybe a slight universal damage nerf too.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I would nerf Cyrax by giving him a 6 frame startup on his net and also let him use it as an instant air projectile. I would make buzzsaw hit full screen, and also make bombs unblockable and attach to opponents when they come in contact with them.
Tbh that'd make him bottom 5 at best.

also if they make it a knockdown, the low bomb would not hit them into throw, they wouldn't have to block the low. at least they can make it that way after net.
Just realised in @Pig Of The Hut example, although shit damage you could use it to run down the clock. Maybe a solution is to increase the gravity after throw & bomb setups? That way you could say get 2 at most for low damage.

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Cyrax could be easily fixed by just making air bombs deployable while the opponent is stuck in the net, not the ground bombs. This would keep the combos but remove the hard to blockables.

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
Ermac doesnt have an overhead low that leads into anything or any hard to blockables and he needs bar, and if you guess right you get a full combo, same with leatherface, scorps is really fuzziabble low, sonya as well, no character in the game aside from cyrax has a hard to blockable that even if they block it your plus 8 and ex plus 16, he gets 45 one bars and his combos also run the clock well, so please stop defending (soap bar in my mouth) hard to blockables, if they wanna give him a vortex fine but not a hard to blockable plus vortex.
Read closely I said they all have virtue and u really beloved it's that easy to just block all these characters vortex ur crazy. And the new ermac vortex does not require meter so do your homework. Leather face vortex is not punishable if done correctly. Same with scorp but his requires meter to be safe.the reality is cyrax has a hard to block vortex just like quan chi and tremor and predator. I was never defending him. U actin like I said don't touch him or something the point in the post was to ask what does the community believe is a reasonable nerf because it is what I have been hearing none stop since kp2 release. And thinking that only cyrax has hard to block set ups makes me think u haven't been playing leveled up players

Mrfinesse28

For the record cyrax will always have hard to blocks even without the net there are some dirty set ups without it too. Lab up boyz

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Ermac doesnt have an overhead low that leads into anything or any hard to blockables and he needs bar, and if you guess right you get a full combo, same with leatherface, scorps is really fuzziabble low, sonya as well, no character in the game aside from cyrax has a hard to blockable that even if they block it your plus 8 and ex plus 16, he gets 45 one bars and his combos also run the clock well, so please stop defending (soap bar in my mouth) hard to blockables, if they wanna give him a vortex fine but not a hard to blockable plus vortex.
Ermac has the biggest meterless damage off a 50/50...also what hard to blockable is plus 8??

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
And yet, people complain about Goro. Please.

Punchwalk into EX Punchwalk too strong of a mix up.

Cyrax is fine, MK9 Crtax didn't give you a chance to block before you lost 90-100% of your life for 1 or 2 bars.

I think it's amazing how this game has evolved from every character needing armor to, Cyrax and Smoke have no standing armor and both are Very good characters.

People really need to realize how balanced this game is right now, I can go to a tournament and lost to ANY character in this game and not feel like shit afterwards.

Every character has dirt, this is awesome. We may not all agree on what is fair, but Cryax has dumb things, so did Quan. Nerf threads are dumb.

The real question is, have you played Foxy yet? Fuck Mileena. The toppest of tier character.

So pretty much what I am saying is, Cyrax has hard-to-blockables while Mileena doesn't, I still would rather fight Cyrax any day of the week.

Mrfinesse28

And yet, people complain about Goro. Please.

Punchwalk into EX Punchwalk too strong of a mix up.

Cyrax is fine, MK9 Crtax didn't give you a chance to block before you lost 90-100% of your life for 1 or 2 bars.

I think it's amazing how this game has evolved from every character needing armor to, Cyrax and Smoke have no standing armor and both are Very good characters.

People really need to realize how balanced this game is right now, I can go to a tournament and lost to ANY character in this game and not feel like shit afterwards.

Every character has dirt, this is awesome. We may not all agree on what is fair, but Cryax has dumb things, so did Quan. Nerf threads are dumb.

The real question is, have you played Foxy yet? Fuck Mileena. The toppest of tier character.

So pretty much what I am saying is, Cyrax has hard-to-blockables while Mileena doesn't, I still would rather fight Cyrax any day of the week.
My favorite response so far that is real