What's new

Question - Cyrax How do you nerf this character

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
Lets be honest we all knew that cyrax would be hell to play against just from his history. NRS has to be careful with the balance changes they make to a character. The last thing you would want is to completely destroy the meta of a character because he has hard to blockables. I mean lets be honest cyrax was built before with unblockable bombs in previous mk games so that was even crazier. I think taking away his vortex wouldnt make sense being that alot of characters have them. Ermac,scorp,raiden,sub,letherface,sonya,etc. regardless of what u do u cant escape the fact that some characters are fucked up on mk. What to you guys think should be the change for rax. It has to make since cause one major change completely changes the way the character is played or sometimes it turns them to not being played at all.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Just change the way the psuedo-unblockables work, make the minimum block link window like 5 frames (and make it apply to throws too)

Character will still have insane meterless damage, meterless high damage vortex, and a bunch of set-ups and the very useable Triborg neutral. Also, 5 frame links are by no means easy to block either, especially since he has mix-ups on everything. Character will still be great. Even @ESG Jagged agrees that this is a good change, so if I can agree on it as one of this forum's biggest haters of 1 frame block links and he can agree on it as this forums biggest Cyrax downplayer, I'm pretty sure this is the answer

Last edited:

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
If you shoot a low bomb while they are in net it will hit as a mid.

That or when they fall out of a net they are knocked down not left standing.

I would prefer the low bomb hitting mid if shot out while they are in net but either of these would leave everything he has but stop the db3, b2 out of net hardtoblockable.

Wigy

There it is...
Nerfs:

Air net drops them to the floor.

4-5 frame buffer on lowoverheads to come out as a mid.

Buffs:

F2 ACTUALLY hits mid

New d1/d3 with some actual range.

Ex teleport has armour on reversal and better active frames.

B2 plus on block so it has some use in neutral.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
also, you nerf him by disabling low bombs while the other player is trapped in a net. air bombs only until either the net expires or you continue your combo.
This is brilliant. It leaves him with the ability to apply some post-net pressure, removes the HTB looping, and would even work against throw combos by ducking on read.

JDM

Noob
Take away his ability to throw, bombs are highs (even the low ones) and net suspension lasts for 1/2 the time

there we go perfectly balanced by nrs standards and I'm sure the community will be happy until they all get together to choose their next nerf target. Which would take less than a week.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I'd rather deal with cyrax than alien right now.

From what I'm understanding all of cyraxs set ups will be overhead then low, otherwise he won't get the combo.

The way I see it. The way NRS wants the game to be, there's gonna be hard to block shit. There JUST IS and there's no way around it aside from..... Playing another game.

You remove some of these set ups from cyrax and you kill what NRS wants the character to be about.

I don't necessarily agree with it... But someone's gonna be doing it and I personally think cyrax looks dope af. So I'd rather get bodied by him than some pale demonic overlord lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.

From what I'm understanding all of cyraxs set ups will be overhead then low, otherwise he won't get the combo.

The way I see it. The way NRS wants the game to be, there's gonna be hard to block shit. There JUST IS and there's no way around it aside from..... Playing another game.

You remove some of these set ups from cyrax and you kill what NRS wants the character to be about.

I don't necessarily agree with it... But someone's gonna be doing it and I personally think cyrax looks dope af. So I'd rather get bodied by him than some pale demonic overlord lol
Right. Idk the Alien MU but I felt like I was put in a block infinite the other day lol.

JDM

Noob

You can make it low overhead with b2 .

And yeah Alien is worse. I actually switched from Cyrax to Alien right now. Tanya 2.0 with full screen unreactable 50/50s lololol

Meanwhile people on here complaining about Cyrax Cx

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
You can make it low overhead with b2 .

And yeah Alien is worse. I actually switched from Cyrax to Alien right now. Tanya 2.0 with full screen unreactable 50/50s lololol

Meanwhile people on here complaining about Cyrax Cx
Wanna play? Lol