What's new

How do you guys feel about how specials are enhanced in MK11?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Maybe you guys want to block after a move instead of amplify it, think about that.
Move amp to stance switch. It's doing everything else now.

I mean so long as it's intuitive it's fine, but it needs to make sense and not break up the flow.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Which is exactly why that could become a problem too. :p
Majority of what it's doing is defense related. Rolls, breakaways I believe, stance dancing on the fight line. If you're mid move you're not gonna randomly stance dance trying to amp. :rolleyes:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Move amp to stance switch. It's doing everything else now.

I mean so long as it's intuitive it's fine, but it needs to make sense and not break up the flow.
Stance also does a lot more now its going to mess up some characters who have stance moves now.
Its inteliggent that you don't get to amplify with block buttons, when there are moves you can amplify on hit or block

Even better idea- all subsequent string inputs now always require a directional input.

Why have a 121 string when it can be 1u2d1 for no reason? It makes me feel so pr0 when I press arbitrary buttons.

But seriously, this is dumb.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
For people that like to learn a lot of characters, it just seems like an unnecessary obstacle. 'What's the command to amplify this special again?' should not be a thing.
If you think about it though, it’s not much different than “what’s the last button of this combo string?”

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Its like 3-4 inputs a character after you already had to memorize 50 for all their strings and specials is it really that hard? Lol

It'll be fun as shit to basically have mb specials be rekkas, just makes the swag combos more engaging

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
If you think about it though, it’s not much different than “what’s the last button if this combo string?”
I can see what you're saying. I just find having to memorize character/move-specific inputs just to spend your own resources to be kind of odd.

Combo strings are one thing, using your resources is another. I mean, they chose to give everyone universal wakeups with u2 and u3, but then made something as simple as EXing or 'amplifying' a special move (which has always been universal) move-specific. I don't follow the logic is all.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I can see what you're saying. I just find having to memorize character/move-specific inputs just to spend your own resources to be kind of odd.

Combo strings are one thing, using your resources is another. I mean, they chose to give everyone universal wakeups with u2 and u3, but then made something as simple as EXing or 'amplifying' a special move (which has always been universal) move-specific. I don't follow the logic is all.
I actually don’t disagree with either side of this debate. Both have very valid points. I’m just curious to see how it feels, and if we’ll adapt easily.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I do think they should clean up the inputs though, and make them easier and make way more sense.

No weird shit like mashing, or using unrelated buttons, if a move is BF2, then the amp version should use 2 as the amp input, not like U4 or something.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I actually don’t disagree with either side of this debate. Both have very valid points. I’m just curious to see how it feels, and if we’ll adapt easily.
Yeah I'm sure we'll be fine either way. But it's kinda just like they couldn't decide which way they wanted to go, universalize the commands to use meter or make it dynamic.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
If you think about it though, it’s not much different than “what’s the last button of this combo string?”
Lol as I read that one I was like... Couldn't you try the same argument for the strings themselves?
Guys, I really think that subzeros strings should be the same as barakas strings. Making their strings different is just an unnecessary obstacle in learning all the characters.
:DOGE

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
Having looked at them in the menu, in comparison to the combos in MKX, they don't seem all that complicated. Most people who are considered "casuals" don't use EX moves anyways. I want to try it and see how it feels at least.

I think people are underestimating how much time you have in animations to do the inputs.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I like it, it adds a more unique feel to playing each character, and seems to incentivise character loyalty.

The inputs I've seen make sense to me, B2 after scorp's spear to elbow them with your other arm, 1+3 to throw after sub's slide, etc.

I like that it helps me think of combos in terms of moves rather than button presses.

I agree.

We’re already doing this with strings.

It’s literally just turning special moves into strings.

People are overblowing it.

There is already a character that was the prototype of this

Ravenous Mileena

Last edited: