What's new

Question How do/did you learn your mus? or how do you get better/lvl up like some players say

I went about it by learning how to play all of the characters. Not just practicing BnBs, but actually learning how to use them. Do that then look up frame data so you know what out proritizes what, and what you can / cannot punish.

Nothing anyone can do will suriprise you, you'll know what you should be doing, and if you lose, you'll know exactly why.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
lol wafflez and them resets. its crazy but me and my bro are from the southside of chicago. Are parents lived there for most their lives. Me and my bro only lived there for like a few years then we moved to vegas. We lived in vegas most our lives. just born and chicago. Only thing I prolly wouldn't like about chicago is how cold it gets aha like subzero aha

That's tight. LBSH Illinois, the home of MK, should rightfully produce good MK players. Half the MLG Dallas top 8 was born there.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I don't know a single Sonya matchup because I don't want to go into a match with "this is 6-4, I have to work harder" or some shit. I just play my game.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Denzell, practice, analyzing, practice, analyzing, practice, analyzing. When i m finished with that, i put the things i learned into action. Works like a charm so far.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
That's tight. LBSH Illinois, the home of MK, should rightfully produce good MK players. Half the MLG Dallas top 8 was born there.
aha it has our dad use to play mk. cousins use to play mk. uncles that use to play mk. Now its me and my bro who play mk. We brougt our skills from chicago to las vegas aha. like how alex is from detroit but he lives in arizona.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
O i thought you said you were on xbox earlier in thethread. O well. Hopefully sometime HGTV can play you guys when we get to go to some more tournaments, its hard when you are in high school haha.
yeah I do play on xbl but its on Dab's gamertag. I play on dabs profile. other than that I play on psn. I only get to play on xbox if I go to Dab's house. yeah I know how it is trying to get to tournaments in high school when you're taking honors/ap classes worrying about getting into college etc. I just graduated july 2012 not to long ago 69th class to graduate from my high school aha.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Streetsweep, SquirtMcGirt, and for the short time that he was over, Michaelangelo.

Realistically though, the only way I learn matchups now is online, which really makes me salty when I go an for anti-air jab only to get full comboed.
you east coast too bro?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I went about it by learning how to play all of the characters. Not just practicing BnBs, but actually learning how to use them. Do that then look up frame data so you know what out proritizes what, and what you can / cannot punish.

Nothing anyone can do will suriprise you, you'll know what you should be doing, and if you lose, you'll know exactly why.
I think that is one of the best ways to learn mu frame data learning the character finding strengths weaknesses look at another top player play certain characters. we all can learn from each other etc.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Everything is online. I have an offline scene but we really just get together to play tournaments not grind out any matchups...
where's your offline scene? online isnt too bad depending on who you play and how good their connection is.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Pig plays on psn too.
I know but last time we played like 2011 it was so laggy and nasty we couldn't even play each. maybe we could try again. I was playing some player from ghana yesterday and the connection was good. psn is weird sometimes for me

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Denzell, practice, analyzing, practice, analyzing, practice, analyzing. When i m finished with that, i put the things i learned into action. Works like a charm so far.
so you practice what do you analyze the character? streams of tournaments? just doing stuff in training?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
so you practice what do you analyze the character? streams of tournaments? just doing stuff in training?
Playing casuals and tournament matches against Cimmerian, Hidan and Nikollas. Cimmerian, especially, really helped me learn how to fight against almost the entire cast with Ermac and learn what to do against them. He plays almost the entire cast in high lvl. After that i just discovered things along the way. Watching streams to learn stuff is not my style. I prefer doing that on my own.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Playing casuals and tournament matches against Cimmerian, Hidan and Nikollas. Cimmerian, especially, really helped me learn how to fight almost the entire cast with Ermac and learn what to do against them. He plays almost the entire cast in high lvl. After that i just discovered things along the way. Watching streams to learn stuff is not my style. I prefer doing that on my own.
great that's how I've been doing it now because me and my bro know all the characters in cast enough to play most of them in tourny. we do random select alot playing each other its fun we get better etc. sometimes we randomly find stuff while fighting aha.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
great that's how I've been doing it now because me and my bro know all the characters in cast enough to play most of them in tourny. we do random select alot playing each other its fun we get better etc. sometimes we randomly find stuff while fighting aha.
Thats how its done imo. Watching streams and stuff is theory fighting in the end. And i hate theory fighting.