What's new

Question How do/did you learn your mus? or how do you get better/lvl up like some players say

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Thats how its done imo. Watching streams and stuff is theory fighting in the end. And i hate theory fighting.
yeah when you know all the characters, there is no way you can use the excuse like I dont know the mu or I don't play against this character etc. yeah I don't like theory fighting.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yeah when you know all the characters, there is no way you can use the excuse like I dont know the mu or I don't play against this character etc. yeah I don't like theory fighting.
Agreed. In the end its up to the player.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
nice european players with those fundamentals footsies. they're good. i was wondering why they were cheering for you at evo. I was like WTF? I forgot you played online with them alot. interesting so you were good and got better playing the european players? yeah with online i still play it every once in a while and If i lose to online tactics I just laugh. I know what works offline. I don't think there is anybody in the community who has never played mk online besides maybe chris g? interesting to see how people learned etc. most the answers will be online.
Yeah dude totally. I can't see someone only playing offline for experience. Dude the europeans tought me alot of stuff. Not gonna lie though if the europeans played in some of the tournaments in US around evo 2k11 they would have been blowing people up. I remember playing f0xy for the first time and getting blown up so bad to the point where there was no hope of me ever winning against them. I did 1000x better against every other online player that went to tournaments and to me f0xy and all of them were unstoppable.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Yeah dude totally. I can't see someone only playing offline for experience. Dude the europeans tought me alot of stuff. Not gonna lie though if the europeans played in some of the tournaments in US around evo 2k11 they would have been blowing people up. I remember playing f0xy for the first time and getting blown up so bad to the point where there was no hope of me ever winning against them. I did 1000x better against every other online player that went to tournaments and to me f0xy and all of them were unstoppable.
bro nice so they played with footsie and knowing frame data in the beginning? pretty cool

cool so you play with the utah guys. have you been to a tourny yet? I don't think i've seen you yet
I went to mlg anaheim and got 17th, lost to 16 bit and went to evo to lose to bildslash and crazy dominican... I am much better now, but I am in school so I dont have much time to go to tournaments...I played konqrr and them last night...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The GGA players never play online(except Soonk sometimes does for fun). I used to but haven't at all since I moved here. The veteran GGA guys never did, except at the very beginning when no one knew what was going on. So there are guys like Dizzy and Wafflez who reached the top with estentially all offline play.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Specific mu ive learned from players are:
sub-zero= MK Kobra
Jax= Dab
Shangtsung = Wound
JC = Peckapowa
liu kang = pecka/ mygod
kabal= dab/ unnarming
ermac = se7en
sonya = nerd
raiden = pecka
sektor = unfortunately static

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I went to mlg anaheim and got 17th, lost to 16 bit and went to evo to lose to bildslash and crazy dominican... I am much better now, but I am in school so I dont have much time to go to tournaments...I played konqrr and them last night...
yeah understandble school comes first got to get that education. that's cool at least you lost to good players.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I learned from both offline and online. Unless you live in an area with a solid group, learning all your stuff is impossible without online. And if you live in the country with no high speed net, like me, good luck lol.

Online teaches you bad habits if you have zero understanding of how the game plays offline, as well as if you play the wrong people or play in appalling lag all the time.