What's new

How did you find/what brought you to TYM?

McNasty

Moist.
I was on ultimatemk.com and classicmk.com originally then I came to tym(originally mke) and hung arround anticipating mk9. During the wait I met krayziebone, chef, brady and a few others at a tourney and was hooked on competitive mk.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
My friends told me about it back when my old community in South Carolina was like 4 people strong. I'm really glad to have found this site, and to be a part of this community

zaf

professor
I always go to boards for games that I play.
When the game came out, Jer told me to come here.
That tym was the srk for mk.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I'd google combos (multiple characters) and this came up frequently. Though I think it was one of TylerLantern's videos that finally pushed me to come and actually "check" it out. After awhile, it just grew on me.

Lol, youtubers are funny now-a-days. I'm glad I came here, it's a great place, and at times, even the people are cool.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 took pity on me trying to zone out a Raiden with Noob in KOTH, told me to come here.
i also thought u were greek

i was probably googling and came upon this site of gold

i was looking at this topic btw

might no remember correct but i think the first greek msg i sent u was full of offensive sarcasm LOL

When the guys at NRS released that motion capture picture on twitter for MK9 I went crazy searching it on Google. Eventually I came across TYM. I liked the visual look, so bookmarked it. The rest is history:D

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
i asked TONY-T about some of his amazing smoke combos on youtube and he sent me here.
i love the site! loads of advise, and i had no idea how much u need to know to be an amazing player.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
ECT3. Met a lot of people there and kicked ass, so I joined the forums when I got home from the tournament.

When I first bought the long awaited MK9, I went to TRMK for my MK information, and then I was linked to TYM.

I read someone mention TYM on MortalKombatOnline.com. I came here a few times, then bookmarked it. I continued to lurk around, feeding off of the Kombat Knowledge stored here. I lurked for about 9 months before joining on June 30th, 2012. Then my account was erased from existence, practically, in the Great Data Loss of TYM.

Flagg

Noob
I went to TRMK first because I didnt know any better, and found the site is mostly populated by horny teens. Anyways I decided with the few good players there I would start hosting online tournies which attracted a couple of members from here so eventually I came here as I wanted to seriously level my game up.

gdf

Noob
Because subzerosmokerain has been around since MK vs DC days. I came along because of Captain Marvel's stupid d+4, f+3. And didn't want to lose anymore. And Pig knows the story of why I specifically joined TYM, something between me and him, but worth mentioning.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well, you see, it all starts with me wanting to talk to other people that liked mortal kombat. So I found my way on to the official mortal kombat website and posted in it's forums for quite awhile. Posted with the likes of @Zer0 Hundr3d , peachyO, aj1701, and a few others.

Got really sick of all the whining threads and dlc request threads and someone posted a video of Tom Brady playing Sub Zero at a tournament and I was like, "damn... that's sick! I want to get good at this game and be competitive too!" so I looked for some online tournaments and @Zer0 Hundr3d asked for people to sign up for some online tournament. Then later he told me that I should sign up for a website called testyourmight since I was one of the few on the official mk site that actually wanted to level up. lol

So, yeah... /book

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
After I unlocked Quan Chi, I went through expert ladder and double flawlessed and babied everyone.

After I beat Shao Khan, instead of him exploding into a million pieces the game switched to a cut scene where Shao Kahn said, "There is third realm. This place links together Outworld and Earthrealm. It is called Test Your Might".

Out of nowhere, this sweet portal opened up and the URL for TYM was displayed.

tl;dr

Found while Googling combos.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk