What's new

Question - Sun God How can Sun God get better?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Low sword knockdown is still bad, Kotal is basically at neutral after landing a hard knockdown. I just wanted him to be slightly plus.

Moves that are minus on hit in any fighting game is dumb imo. Why are you being put at disadvantage for successfully opening up your opponent?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Low sword knockdown is still bad, Kotal is basically at neutral after landing a hard knockdown. I just wanted him to be slightly plus.

Moves that are minus on hit in any fighting game is dumb imo. Why are you being put at disadvantage for successfully opening up your opponent?
Welcome to NRS games lol
Let me remind you, Injustice Catwoman's trait (3 and 4 scratch) is safe on BLOCK and punishable ON HIT. And NRS still refuses to listen to top players on how to fix their games

thlityoursloat

kick kick

Because opening people up with WG is incredibly difficult..
The hit advantage is fine, b1 and d1 will check most meterless wakeups and b1 will catch backdashes.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Reactions: GAV

Error

DF2+R2
The only thing Sun God needs is fixing the stupid whiffing issues on F/T, but that's not exclusive to Sun God.

Other than that I think he's perfect the way he is. The recovery on whiff sucks but I feel it's fair for a throw that does 19% meterless at full level and it's a tick from one of the best mids in the game.
>fair
>MKX

found the problem

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
No point in discussing potential War God changes in a Sun God thread. I agree he is still very good in his current form.

I do believe Sun God is the worst of the 3 variations and has the worst time vs zoning. Something to either help his pressure once he gets in or better anti-zoning options with sunlight seems to be fair.

Tweedy

Noob
No point in discussing potential War God changes in a Sun God thread. I agree he is still very good in his current form.

I do believe Sun God is the worst of the 3 variations and has the worst time vs zoning. Something to either help his pressure once he gets in or better anti-zoning options with sunlight seems to be fair.
Why does Sun God do worse than War God vs zoning?

I know War God has EX paddle but that's a pretty meh way of spending a bar on this game. You also lack the parry in War God. EX overhead to eat through projectiles at certain ranges is super unreliable since the second hit has deceptively short range.

I can't think of anything else that War God would have over sunstone and parry.

E

Eldriken

i always thought sungod was better than blood god, what does blood god have besides damage?
Blood God basically gets more than one bar of health because of his Obsidian Totem. He also builds meter rather well thanks to it giving him meter when he's blocking.

Another upside to the Obsidian Totem is that while he's only taking 50% damage on hit, he's building meter as if he's taking full damage.

E

Eldriken

Oh, let's not forget that EX Sun Ray + Obsidian Totem at full screen is a wonderful thing, especially if the opponent is low on health. You pretty much get to heal for free, 'cause if they go in, chances are they're gonna kill themselves.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
The parry is ok for not taking chip from some projectiles, but it's not really helping you get in. Quan, Predator, Jacqui, Liu Kang, Shinnok and Alien don't care about the parry and will continue to throw their projectiles. I would rather take the threat of run up ex oh sword versus the parry.

To be fair, the parry works pretty well vs Kitana. But by the same token, Sun God can't take advantage of it as well as Blood God.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
With the combination of dmg reduction and meter build from Obsidian Blood God is better equipped to do his tanky counter zoning/turtling then Sun God. When played right he can force some characters to abandon their zoning options to come in.

E

Eldriken

With the combination of dmg reduction and meter build from Obsidian Blood God is better equipped to do his tanky counter zoning/turtling then Sun God. When played right he can force some characters to abandon their zoning options to come in.
Exactly this. Blood God has amazing turtling capabilities. It's one of the main reasons I decided to pick up the variation.

If you've got the life lead, are at full screen and have an Obsidian Totem out, possibly even Sun Ray, your opponent is pretty much forced to go in. If they don't, you get to heal for free.

Blood God is like one of the enemies from Final Fight/Streets of Rage that has multiple health bars.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yeah it seemed like that thread mostly agreed about sun god changes but disagreed with the other stuff.
Agendas...

'Buff Sun God - and while you're doing that you might as well just go ahead and buff War God too.'

GTFOH!!!!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ok! So I've been thinking about this and here is what I have to say about Sun God and what he might need. This is something that I don't hear about but, what if we just give him more tick throws? Hear me out, Sun God doesn't get much of the other stuff that grapplers get, like how Jason has B3 mixups which are very strong for the character. But one thing he does have, is a decent number of tick throws, he really is a tick throw god. However, there are is one normal that doesn't have a tick throw that I think would help the character out to a good degree. F1, F1 would make it so he has a sort of Jason B3 mixup situation. Either you go for the tick throw, you go for the safe option in F12 or you go for the 'if they jump or don't block they get full combo'd' option, that being F1B2. Just something I thought of while I've been making the guide for him, curious as to what you all think. This might not save him single handedly but it would be fairly helpful I feel.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Ok! So I've been thinking about this and here is what I have to say about Sun God and what he might need. This is something that I don't hear about but, what if we just give him more tick throws? Hear me out, Sun God doesn't get much of the other stuff that grapplers get, like how Jason has B3 mixups which are very strong for the character. But one thing he does have, is a decent number of tick throws, he really is a tick throw god. However, there are is one normal that doesn't have a tick throw that I think would help the character out to a good degree. F1, F1 would make it so he has a sort of Jason B3 mixup situation. Either you go for the tick throw, you go for the safe option in F12 or you go for the 'if they jump or don't block they get full combo'd' option, that being F1B2. Just something I thought of while I've been making the guide for him, curious as to what you all think. This might not save him single handedly but it would be fairly helpful I feel.
I just think he needs to have a few fixes. For instance the 22 hitting off b122 and the command grab not comboing. Grab immunities shouldn't be a thing as well. I think the only buff I would care about is changing which why he throws you off the command grab. At least the ex one