What's new

Question - Sun God How can Sun God get better?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I just think he needs to have a few fixes. For instance the 22 hitting off b122 and the command grab not comboing. Grab immunities shouldn't be a thing as well. I think the only buff I would care about is changing which why he throws you off the command grab. At least the ex one
yea giving up the corner because you don't have max level command grab feels pretty bad.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Speaking in a bubble, Sun God probably is better than Blood God. It just comes down to which compliments War God better. Pseudo-tanking happens to do it more effectively than a different flavour of potato.
It's kinda weird. Sun God technically is better than Blood God imo. BUT there's no reason to use it because War God exists. You use Blood God for certain mu's. So Sun God has no use really

CrazyFingers

It's kinda weird. Sun God technically is better than Blood God imo. BUT there's no reason to use it because War God exists. You use Blood God for certain mu's. So Sun God has no use really
UNLESS! You wanna have some fun and make people kneel...hence why I still play it...though I play all of them so ya know, it is what it is. If he gets buffs I certainly won't complain.

TheGangstaFace

UNLESS! You wanna have some fun and make people kneel...hence why I still play it...though I play all of them so ya know, it is what it is. If he gets buffs I certainly won't complain.
Yeah that's why I use it. It was the original reason I got into Kotal

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
He's not +4 on anything guaranteed. If you're trying to refer to 114 air grab that's not +4 and it's not very common you get a 114 mid screen unless you stagger the b1. In my experiences though typically people see the b1 stagger and poke me because standing 1 is a high
You can't react to B1 stagger, especially being only -1 and Kotal having 6 frame pokes. If somebody is always poling you, then you're being too obvious with it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
War god

Blood god

Sun god

that is the kotal tier list.

and he doesn't need buffs, you do.

just fix whiff issues and its good.

CrazyFingers

War god

Blood god

Sun god

Yea the whiffing issues are definitely the worst thing with...a lot of characters actually. Hitting only the 22 on B122 is actually pretty common and Kotal not getting DB2 on that is a problem. Him not being able to combo F/T is something that makes an unfavorable matchup into a nightmare. You can 114 xx DB2 on everyone but Goro for some reason. All in all, if sun god got buffed, I wouldn't complain but him just getting whiffing issues fixed would be enough for me not to complain either. Also choosing sides on EX Command Grab would just be a luxury thing tbh.

TheGangstaFace

You can't react to B1 stagger, especially being only -1 and Kotal having 6 frame pokes. If somebody is always poling you, then you're being too obvious with it.
Indeed. I realized I was kinda getting lazy with kotal cuz I picked up jax at the time I made this thread. I've been using them equally now. Play a lot better already. 2 months makes such a huge difference. 114 air grab is still a bitch against characters with 6f pokes but if my timing is right, nah fam. Fuck your poke. Full combo lol

TheGangstaFace

War god

Blood god

Sun god

I need buffs lol. I love the unwarranted random tym shit talk. If you can't be a civil human being leave the thread. Also if you're okay with spending a bar to wakeup and it goes to waste because of a grab immunity you're drunk

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I need buffs lol. I love the unwarranted random tym shit talk. If you can't be a civil human being leave the thread. Also if you're okay with spending a bar to wakeup and it goes to waste because of a grab immunity you're drunk
It's not shit talk when you make a thread wanting buffs when you claim to know the char's frame data, footsie tools or setups while your posts indicate the complete opposite.

You didn't even know 114 being +4 and that B1 after it crushes pokes.

This thread is just another shitpost in the cesspool that TYM has recently become.

Tweedy

Noob
Indeed. I realized I was kinda getting lazy with kotal cuz I picked up jax at the time I made this thread. I've been using them equally now. Play a lot better already. 2 months makes such a huge difference. 114 air grab is still a bitch against characters with 6f pokes but if my timing is right, nah fam. Fuck your poke. Full combo lol
Yeah, just remember that the point of a stagger is to catch someone off guard or to make them press a button when they shouldn't be. Even as Kotal you have to watch how often you're using them, depending on who you're playing.

TheGangstaFace

It's not shit talk when you make a thread wanting buffs when you claim to know the char's frame data, footsie tools or setups while your posts indicate the complete opposite.

You didn't even know 114 being +4 and that B1 after it crushes pokes.

This thread is just another shitpost in the cesspool that TYM has recently become.
I thought it was +3 not +4 because 6f pokes can challenge it if your timing is off. Stop acting like a woman and taking it so serious fam. Also if a character should be buffed nerfed or left alone is opinion based. Again. You can't be civil so just get out of the thread. It sounds more like you're part of the cespool. It's cancer having conversations with people like this. I hope you have a good night brother and feel better in the morning

TheGangstaFace

Yeah, just remember that the point of a stagger is to catch someone off guard or to make them press a button when they shouldn't be. Even as Kotal you have to watch how often you're using them, depending on who you're playing.
Yeah it's funny when using Kotal. Sometimes you get too comfortable. B1 is just so godlike

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
I main Sun God Kotal and I can say with complete confidence that Sun God does not need a single buff. The only thing that he needs is a fix and that's his weird whiffs on Ferra/Torr. I don't care what people say, I actually think that Sun God is a fantastic variation that has all the tools to win.

Also, if there is a future patch where the bullshit characters in this game get nerfed, like Alien, Mileena, etc. then Sun God will be a potential top 10 character.

CrazyFingers

I main Sun God Kotal and I can say with complete confidence that Sun God does not need a single buff. The only thing that he needs is a fix and that's his weird whiffs on Ferra/Torr. I don't care what people say, I actually think that Sun God is a fantastic variation that has all the tools to win.

Also, if there is a future patch where the bullshit characters in this game get nerfed, like Alien, Mileena, etc. then Sun God will be a potential top 10 character.
I think all of kotal's variations will be Top 10 no doubt. The character has the tools to trudge through the ashes of the nerfs and come out victorious.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Kotal's base design is really good, and the tick throws from Sun God are also really good. There shouldn't be any real buffs in those areas imo.

Just allow him to choose which side to toss you with EX Command Grab/lvl 3 Command Grab, and shave off some recovery frames from Sunlight (it is the sun variation). Boom, he is set.

Also, fix the parry bug with Tempest Lao and Sonya where Kotal will parry and then be unable to move. It's a stupid bug that makes those matchups that much harder.

7L

Heads up!
make him better? just pick the viable variation. problem solved. We have characters where every variation is bad and youre sad over one of the variations of a great character being a little below the threshhold, well, I'm sorry that you picked the abysmal 33.333333%

TheGangstaFace

I respect your opinion man. Personally I'd put him at like A-

CrazyFingers

Hey! Just think man, every single Kotal main will probably be playing a Top 10 character after patch. Isn't that satisfying?